Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

I wouldn't worry too much about that. Mueller's report showed that Russia interfered. It showed that the Trump campaign knew about it. It showed that they encouraged it. And it showed how they benefited. Then on page 180 Section C Paragraphs 1-3, it went to show how they couldn't charge for conspiracy because they couldn't prove cooperation or willful intent. With that legal logic applied to Comey and the Dems, I never see them being jailed for conspiracy.
  3. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

The Steele dossier was the foundation of teh evidence, without it there would've been no FISA surveillance. No debate, it is in the evidence and was stated by a principle.
  4. Gazing past the planets Looking for total view I've been laying here for hours You gotta make the journey out and in Wonders of a lifetime Right there before your eyes Searching with this life of ours You gotta make the journey out and in Out and in, out and in Will you think it's a joke That's all right Do what you want to do I've said my peace And I'll leave it all up to you Wonders of a lifetime Right there before your eyes Searching with this life of ours You gotta make the journey out and in Out and in, out and in Will you think it's a joke That's all right Do what you want to do I've said my peace And I'll leave it all up to you Gazing past the planets Looking for total view I've been laying here for hours You gotta make the journey out and in Out and in, out and in Out and in, out and in
  5. Error code: 2F173/K

Yes, that usually comes up if the tread or post or whatever has been removed.
  6. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Most of America is now aware that Comey was a key player in an illegal attempt to take down a presidential candidate and, later, a sitting president. A 'coup', if you will. Comey will be lucky to get prison instead of a bullet. I understand that some will never accept the truth about these events, and that's okay with me. But friendly advice suggests that you warm yourself to the idea that some of these people are going to go down hard for what amounts to conspiracy to commit treason.
  7. Doing God's will.

We may not know everything, but it seems that you know more than Mr. Walker. And I would venture to say that you are closer to God, since you understand infinity. Infinity is infinite in all directions. In and out are infinite directions. In other words, I'm saying the same as you are. To us, there will always be something beyond our newly reached point, whether inwards towards the micro or outward towards the macro. And by us I mean mankind. Although some scientists will argue that there is a limit to the micro, as they theorize on strings being the limit of minuteness of our physical universe. Then again, perhaps not. Some scientists will put forth the idea that we may be living in an illusion, a world of illusion. Or perhaps we ourselves are part of the illusion. In my endeavor to understand faith and science, I came across the string theory, and while trying to understand this controversial theory to the point where it could make some sense to me, I noted that some of the more brilliant physicists working on the various variations of string theory, have come to the same conclusion that there will always be something beyond, more dimensions and more universes. In truth, according to one controversial idea, even if we were to ever reach the smallest, indivisible particle in our physical universe, there seems to be a lower-realm dimension that influences our dimension. Quoting, " The force of gravity and one of the dimensions of space might be generated out of the peculiar interactions of particles and fields existing in a lower-dimensional realm. I also strongly agree that science is proof of God, who is the creator and designer of this universe. And of an infinite number of universes, if the super string theory proves to be correct. Otherwise, it may be the case that we just have one infinite one. However, science is only part of the proof for God. And we must look elsewhere for the remainder of the proof, perhaps a myth or two may supply us with additional proof. I agree wholeheartedly with a very wise person, who long ago gave us a good part of the proof of God, scientifically, generally speaking, mixed in with myths. "For the Deity, intending to make this world like the fairest and most perfect of intelligible beings, framed one visible animal comprehending within itself all other animals of a kindred nature. Are we right in saying that there is one world, or that they are many and infinite? There must be one only, if the created copy is to accord with the original. For that which includes all other intelligible creatures cannot have a second or companion; in that case there would be need of another living being which would include both, and of which they would be parts, and the likeness would be more truly said to resemble not them, but that other which included them. In order then that the world might be solitary, like the perfect animal, the creator made not two worlds or an infinite number of them; but there is and ever will be one only-begotten and created heaven." And is not a hologram a created copy, and image? Such a scenario strains the imagination. Yet an analogous phenomenon occurs in everyday life. A hologram is a two-dimensional object, but when viewed under the correct lighting conditions it produces a fully three-dimensional image. All the information describing the three-dimensional image is in essence encoded in the two-dimensional hologram. Similarly, according to the new physics theories, the entire universe could be a kind of a hologram. https://web.archive.org/web/20131110061237/http://www.sns.ias.edu/~malda/sciam-maldacena-3a.pdf We must be enlightened by individuals who receive direct inspiration from God to understand just how enlightened or unenlightened we are at this very moment in space and time. Individuals from both sides of the equation, science and faith. But better still from individuals that receive inspiration from both ends. And now, I said, let me show in a figure how far our nature is enlightened or unenlightened: --Behold! human beings living in a underground den, which has a mouth open towards the light and reaching all along the den; here they have been from their childhood, and have their legs and necks chained so that they cannot move, and can only see before them, being prevented by the chains from turning round their heads. Above and behind them a fire is blazing at a distance, and between the fire and the prisoners there is a raised way; and you will see, if you look, a low wall built along the way, like the screen which marionette players have in front of them, over which they show the puppets. I see. And do you see, I said, men passing along the wall carrying all sorts of vessels, and statues and figures of animals made of wood and stone and various materials, which appear over the wall? Some of them are talking, others silent. You have shown me a strange image, and they are strange prisoners. Like ourselves, I replied; and they see only their own shadows, or the shadows of one another, which the fire throws on the opposite wall of the cave? True, he said; how could they see anything but the shadows if they were never allowed to move their heads? And of the objects which are being carried in like manner they would only see the shadows? Yes, he said. And if they were able to converse with one another, would they not suppose that they were naming what was actually before them? Very true. And suppose further that the prison had an echo which came from the other side, would they not be sure to fancy when one of the passers-by spoke that the voice which they heard came from the passing shadow? No question, he replied. To them, I said, the truth would be literally nothing but the shadows of the images. That is certain. And now look again, and see what will naturally follow it' the prisoners are released and disabused of their error. At first, when any of them is liberated and compelled suddenly to stand up and turn his neck round and walk and look towards the light, he will suffer sharp pains; the glare will distress him, and he will be unable to see the realities of which in his former state he had seen the shadows; and then conceive some one saying to him, that what he saw before was an illusion, but that now, when he is approaching nearer to being and his eye is turned towards more real existence, he has a clearer vision, -what will be his reply? And you may further imagine that his instructor is pointing to the objects as they pass and requiring him to name them, -will he not be perplexed? Will he not fancy that the shadows which he formerly saw are truer than the objects which are now shown to him? Far truer. And if he is compelled to look straight at the light, will he not have a pain in his eyes which will make him turn away to take and take in the objects of vision which he can see, and which he will conceive to be in reality clearer than the things which are now being shown to him? True, he now And suppose once more, that he is reluctantly dragged up a steep and rugged ascent, and held fast until he 's forced into the presence of the sun himself, is he not likely to be pained and irritated? When he approaches the light his eyes will be dazzled, and he will not be able to see anything at all of what are now called realities. Not all in a moment, he said. He will require to grow accustomed to the sight of the upper world. And first he will see the shadows best, next the reflections of men and other objects in the water, and then the objects themselves; then he will gaze upon the light of the moon and the stars and the spangled heaven; and he will see the sky and the stars by night better than the sun or the light of the sun by day? Certainly. Last of he will be able to see the sun, and not mere reflections of him in the water, but he will see him in his own proper place, and not in another; and he will contemplate him as he is. Certainly. He will then proceed to argue that this is he who gives the season and the years, and is the guardian of all that is in the visible world, and in a certain way the cause of all things which he and his fellows have been accustomed to behold? Clearly, he said, he would first see the sun and then reason about him. And when he remembered his old habitation, and the wisdom of the den and his fellow-prisoners, do you not suppose that he would felicitate himself on the change, and pity them? Certainly, he would. An important lesson that one can draw from the holographic conjecture, however, is that quantum gravity, which has perplexed some of the best minds on the planet for decades, can be very simple when viewed in terms of the right variables. Let’s hope we will soon find a simple description for the big bang! Is there anything more simple than this? And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light ONLY God knows, said Socrates. Only God knows how to make light. At best, we can only try to catch a glimpse of his light through our own blindness, using a little bit of His math/magic. Is it not Magic when all this mass of material in the universe is moved and controlled by a few equations? I meant mess of material, so that light does not escape our math control. Does light travel for ever? Or does it ever reach the limit of infinity? God only knows.
  8. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

What criminal activity was Comey engaged in that warrants him going to jail? Are you not assuming he is guilty of something, just as the left assumes Trump must be guilty of something? Oh the hypocrisy!
  9. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Yeah, Page 1 of the Mueller report states why the investigations happened and didn't even mention the Steele Dossier.
  10. Mysticism Help Needed

Is receiving to give a virtue or not? Is it giving or not? Are you saying the government is virtuous in its giving, but the people aren't because they "receive to give" and therefore are not giving?
  11. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

I'm looking forward to Comey's future tweet: "So many cellmates"
  12. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I really don't give any credit to the paranormal now. It's too much of a cash cow. People milk it for money or attention.
  13. Yowwwwwweeeeee, I win, where's the prize?
  14. Almost 100 million years ago, a tiny and misfortunate beetle died after wandering into a sticky glob of resin leaking from a tree in a region near present-day Southeast Asia. Fossilized in amber, this beetle eventually made its way to the desk of entomologist Joe Parker, assistant professor of biology and biological engineering at Caltech. Parker and his colleagues have now determined that the perfectly preserved beetle fossil is the oldest-known example of an animal in a behaviorally symbiotic relationship. https://phys.org/news/2019-04-beetles-successfully-freeloaded-million-years.html
  15. Error code: 2F173/K

Most likely the content in question has been removed. What's the link ?
  16. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I agree. People hold so many opposing viewpoints and I try to understand why they believe or disbelieve each one individually. I do my best to explain my point of view. I find that believers in the paranormal/supernatural simply have a much lower threshold to their beliefs in such. The worst is when the conversation boils down to, "Well, ya just gotta have faith." To me, that means you don't have sufficient evidence or reason to back up your belief. I find it absolutely insane that people believe Jesus rose from the dead. It's so far removed from everything I understand is possible. Without firsthand witnessing, I could never believe such a claim. But the crux of an entire religion depends on having the faith that it actually did happen. I just read an article about a South African preacher claimed to bring a man back to life. https://churchleaders.com/news/345138-south-african-pastor-claims-he-raised-a-man-from-the-dead.html It's mind boggling to see how gullible people can be. It is good to see that he is now under investigation stemming from this incident. In another thread someone pointed out a man named Satya Sai Baba as being the main reason the believed in the supernatural. So, I looked this guy up and wasn't surprised to see he is shrouded in controversy. To me he was a simple magician doing sleight of hand parlor tricks. Coughing up eggs, pulling gold chains out of thin air, manifesting ash and sand out of nowhere. All basic and easily replicated magic tricks. Although the are plenty of other unverified claims to his name. Yet somehow he has an estimated 100 million!!! followers. And left behind a 5.5 billion dollar fortune. Does that change my mind about the possibility that he was truly God incarnate? Nope. To get it all back to the topic, I agree that agnosticism is a subset of atheism. It's just going deeper into saying that it's impossible to say yes or no. As someone said earlier, it's about the specific definition. I can definitely say, no Thor is not real. There's no guy up there throwing lightning bolts around. But there are definitions where I would have to say I don't know.
  17. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

They were based in part on the dossier, but not only on the dossier. Barr is doing some questionable things in his quest to protect Trump. We will see what happens, but I will be surprised if this amounts to anything more than rhetoric at the end of the day.
  18. Climate Change is a Hoax

From what Attenborough and others are saying if we don't take immediate action then we are screwed, (well, screwed is a word l use). This is assuming that humans have primarily caused world temps to go up since 1970, eventhough previously it went up by the same amount, and we didn't cause that one. Which means present rises cannot be attributed primary to us, (or is unreliable data, when an attempt is made to attribute to our actions). The problem is is that the charts show dramatic rises and falls, and when it is rising, scientists get greedy and stir the pot with end is nigh speeches, and we have to do something or perish. And that in turn scares a percentage of the population and they vote in the next party who say we will do the most to fix this. Which is reality damages the economy dramatically increases electricity prices, and kills of pensioners that die due to freezing in their homes. Most of our power from clean energy, lol, no we can't. I had a talk to someone who bought that one, and my state, (Vic) could only do it if, 30% of our power came from new dam/hydro schemes across our state and the rest from solar/wind. So hydro, still produces when the sun goes down and there is no wind, or too much, (wind turbines are turned off in high winds). Unfortunately this model is nonsense, as when we have a drought, and dams dry up, so water restrictions are in place, even with the Desal plant, most if not all the dam/hydro plants would be useless or turned off. So when our state has a drought, on top of a hot day with no wind and overcast, we are totally *****d. Doesn't matter how hard we try, and the media gets off of it, the fact remains that wind/solar are not 24/7 and NEVER will be. Battteries same thing, very expensive and they provide little in return. Australia would need to spend almost a trillion dollars, (recent study in my local paper) in order to hopefully shore up wind/solar, or give us a few hours of power. And in ten years time, when they need replacing, another trillion, (which is a lot of money for our country, or it is too much). So yeah a big mess, or we have nothing to fear by highs and lows, or that we have cuased it, since data, before the 70's, does not support it. We can certainly be p****ed by institutions and individuals who sell the fear for a buck, and by others who follow this religiously and refuse to think it through.
  19. Error code: 2F173/K

Hello, not sure if this is the right place for my post. My post is missing, it states: "You do not have permission to view this content. Error code: 2F173/K" Cant find any clear info regarding this error, any clarification would be greatly aporeciated.
  20. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

Even with my current intention-manifestation experiments. I know full well that my thoughts have no objective causal power. No weird esoteric quantum woo woo nonsense, it's all cognitive. By changing my focus, I redirect my attention. Simple as that. I guess that's what separates me from a lot of people, I try this stuff. Prayer can be a stress and anxiety reliever. Having faith that things will work out, same thing. I mean I do get it. But I don't as well.
  21. Atheist vs. Agnostic Label

I'm the same. In certain ways magical thinking can have a benefit. Such as an athlete having a "lucky" pair of socks that they won't play without. On the surface it's just socks, in their mind and because they believe the socks are lucky, their performs changes. They might actually play better. I call this a magical placebo. A lot of the times I figure that belief in the afterlife and in ghost is just the fear of death being manifested. Similar to how believing in god might get a sense of certainty in life. Because lets face it, life is pretty much chaotic. However the belief in psychic powers kinda befuddles me.
  22. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

The FISA spying warrants WERE based on the fraudulent Steele dossier...and no amount of revisionist history can wish that fact away. This is the questionable "predicate" Barr refers to. Expect to hear MUCH more about this in the very near future.
  23. I need a new podcast to listen to, help

I like two that I listen to often: Monster Talk and Skeptics Guide to the Universe.
  24. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

the contract was signed Dorian checked his portrait in the dying light
  25. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Merc, the Russia investigation was NOT based on the Steele dossier. This has been known for a long time, why do you keep lying about this? The Mueller report clearly puts this to bed once and for all (though we already knew this) https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/30/us/politics/how-fbi-russia-investigation-began-george-papadopoulos.html https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-chris-wallace-muellers-russia-investigation-did-not-start-with-steele-dossier-on-trump So will you now please stop falsely claiming that this investigation was started because of the dossier?
  26. Help, what is this thing?

Just part of the paranormal.there's no reason for it.A lot of people say a lot of things,who cares.
  1. Load more activity