Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The Wistman

{un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

disoriented clown cannot find the clown car keys band must play louder
  3. Oh my the Greenland on skates idea again. I know i asked before but how many times do you think you need to put forth the same failed idea?
  4. Angler catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ fish with bulbous eyes https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/teen-catches-strange-dinosaur-like-fish-with-bulbous-eyes/
  5. Farmer77

Aramco facilities on fire in Saudi Arabia

So basically Iran did it, even if they didnt, Iran did it
  6. Now he's gonna **** up Nocturne in A Minor worrying about ghost! If can prove photos taken in rapid succession worth doing. Last pic looks cool..floating away. Anyway could be publicity stunt for show. I'd def check out him out (if lived in area).
  7. Yes but they could have with the real guns they had along with the replica. ....generally helps if you read the material you are attempting to discuss
  8. Helen of Annoy

problems in blue pool rusty parts of train wreck and disoriented clown
  9. it should not be in the news at all, cuz reporting it only creates copycats, and gives idiots ideas, like those with replica gun, they knew they could not harm anyone with toys, they wanted attention, and very possibly street rep, among same idiots like them, cuz all that matters to teens these days is what other teens think of them, real world consequences are secondary concern, if at all
  10. acute

acute

Great Fun.
    Bought as a small gift for my daughter who is a real David Bowie fan - she loves it! Although she could, she won't use it in the bath - she has it on show on a shelf in her bedroom! Its bright, colourful, and funky!
    1. Show previous comments  1 more
    2. Dumbledore the Awesome

Dumbledore the Awesome

:blink: Are batteries included? 

3. Piney

Piney

@Dumbledore the Awesome

No. Amazon refuses to ship hazardous items now.

4. Carlos Allende

Carlos Allende

Mmm. Please ensure that, one day, your daughter doesn't become the high-class international cat burglar who sneaks into my mansion during a swanky dinner party, and tries to steal my wall-size 'Hours' tour poster. Because it will be protected by Resident Evil-style lasers.

11. Golden Duck

Maoris ban 'barbarian' Captain Cook's ship

I never before read that possibly there were sometimes six nameless days. Not very mathematical at all. http://nahuatlstudies.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-aztecs-did-not-need-leap-year.html?m=1
  12. The diminishing ozone hole is a success story about what humans can do to change their habits. At that time I was a process engineer working for a large manufacturing corporation. The US Government announced an increasing tax then elimination of CFC's over a several year time frame. Nothing gets the attention of a business as fast as money, either making it or worse yet losing it. Two other engineers and I were put on the project of finding replacements for all of the CFC products we used and it amounted to a couple hundred thousand pounds a year in our biggest plants. It took nearly two years to find and qualify replacements or in some cases actually change the manufacturing process when there was no replacement. It saved the company a good deal of money and during the course of the effort we eliminated a 30 year old process that we didn't even need any more but just kept doing because we always had.
  13. You like pictures, we get it. How about letters... Im guessing not so much? Did you even click on and read any of the links posted to you in this, or any other thread? Pretty much everything you are rambeling on about is explained to you in those links! Oh well, you probably wont click on this one either then... https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=willful ignorance WILLFUL IGNORANCE (noun) The practice or act of intentional and blatant avoidance, disregard or disagreement with facts,empirical evidence and well-founded arguements because they oppose or contradict your own existing personal beliefs. This practice is most commonly found in the political or religious ideologies of "conservative" Americans. Many times it is practiced due to laziness--people not wanting to have to do the work to rethink their opinions, the fear of the unknown, the fear of being wrong, or sometimes simply close-mindedness.
  14. the13bats

Would You Buy A Haunted House?

trolling doesnt help you. pretty much what you did in the elf and any thread you are in, you prove how lack of experence, gullible and naive you are , at the risk of sounding pompous i am very much experienced in such subjects, i am savvy in prop design, know about photography anomalies, and in an open minded not biased way i have investigated claims of spookies, paranormal , superstitious etc over 40 years and no proof, none, if you hear things in your house its either mundane prosiac easy to investagate causes, ( we know you didnt look into the cause you tucked tail and ran away scared ) ill send scooby doo to hold your hand, or you have mental issues or you are out right lying, of course if you have proof something supernatural is making the noise prove it, you will be the first who makes such claims that did offer proof. we are waiting for you proof, not excuses.
  15. stevewinn

Another example of BBC propaganda

You keep saying the above. So, i asked you the question above. what is the answer to the above? what's with the side step.
  16. The Wistman

chickens will come home to their faded nests, dropping problems in blue pool
  17. Desertrat56

What's causing the mass shootings in the USA

The one story said the students names were being withheld because they are minors. I think all of the names should be withheld so that they don't get any real media attention, no nortoriety.
  18. Interesting, meanwhile, nearly at the same time....... 3 students arrested in thwarted school shooting plot, police say; replica AR-15 is seized Fresno High School student arrested for threatening to 'shoot up school'
  19. markdohle

The Struggle with Evil

This weekend Br. Cassian asked me to give a talk on the working of the Holy Spirit in the world and evil. Since my world for almost 50 years has been living in a monastic world, that was the only world I could speak on. Below are some thoughts on the subject. Monastic life and the Holy Spirit (the struggle with evil) The Good Zeal Of Monks (The Rule Of St. Benedict – Chapter 72) Just as there is a wicked zeal of bitterness which separates from God and leads to hell, so there is a good zeal which separates from evil and leads to God and everlasting life. This, then, is the good zeal which monks must foster with fervent love: They should each try to be the first to show respect to the other (Rom 12:10), supporting with the greatest patience one another’s weaknesses of body or behavior, and earnestly competing in obedience to one another. No one is to pursue what he judges better for himself, but instead, what he judges better for someone else. To their fellow monks they show the pure love of brothers; to God, loving fear; to their abbot, unfeigned and humble love. Let them prefer nothing whatever to Christ, and may he bring us all together to everlasting life . ++++++++++ When thinking about evil in the world along with the influence of the Holy Spirit it can bring forth many of my own struggles that comes from living any sort of life with others. For any community can be considered the world in miniature with the same problems that seem to plague mankind. The rule is there too, first of all, show that entering Monastic life is just the beginning of a life long journey with the struggle with self. If that struggle is not taken on with a certain level of fervor, then, for the most part, the desire for balance and peace will be spent in fighting everyone else, from the Abbot down to the youngest novice. It is not a very pleasant way to live, yet some do live that out in their lives in varying degrees. Left to ourselves, with only one’s resources, the central theme of life can be power and domination over others. This can lead to false zeal, gossip, political intrigue, etc. It is contrary to what the Holy Spirit is seeking to teach us. The flesh wants to be in control rather than to have to trust in God. Hence it sets up its own observance, under its own control. And when it has met its own demands it declares itself to be righteous. Because the flesh hates being told what to do, it takes God’s Law and makes it “manageable” based on its own terms. For example, if I’m supposed to love, I’ll limit it to my family or countrymen; I’m “allowed” to hate my enemy. Jesus says that we must love our enemy. The flesh recoils at this because unless the Law is manageable and within its own power to accomplish, the Law cannot be controlled. The flesh trusts only in its own power. The Pharisees were “self-righteous.” That is to say, they believed in a righteousness that they themselves brought about through the power of their own flesh. But the Law and flesh cannot save; only Jesus Christ can save. The flesh refuses this and wants to control the outcome based on its own power and terms. Msgr. Charles Pope You could say that our past can drive us mercilessly, allowing no rest. To seek to control others is a battle that will never cease. This can be seen in the world, in the news that we read every day. People rebel against any kind of external control. Even if it is to the detriment of the overall culture. Instead of the “Will to Power”, we are called to mutual obedience. Or to put in in the words of Jesus: “The greatest among you is the servant of all”. It goes contrary to how we normally operate. The questions is: How do I live with others and not descend into bitterness, gossip, and the desire to control the world around me so that I can simply live my life in peace. How easy or difficult that is depends on one’s past, temperament, as well as the unique that we all received care and input when young. Deep conversion which is a long process is needed to break free of the chains that bind us from our past. In the monastic life, what keeps the monks from living in harmony, loving one another, be obedient to one another, and serving one another? To the extent that this is not done, leads to the misery of the monk, as well as harm inflicted on the community if it gets serious enough. The rule states that this can be an ongoing issue in Monastic life, as well as I would imagine in community life everywhere. In the fifth chapter of Galatians, it states: 13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other. 16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, a,nd the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. A realistic look at the human situation is not hard to acquire, as long as we bring ourselves into the equation as well. It is possible to get lost in self-righteous indignation, and in the process fail to see what is in our own lives that need conversion that also adds to the evil that is in the world.—Br.MD
  20. OverSword

Prosecutors subpoena 8 years of Trump's taxes

You gave a confused reaction to a post I explained it in detail. Besides this thread is a nothing burger, it’s not even federal government.
  21. It just looks like a dark circle orb to me and not a shadow. It's just a circle shape. Even if it was a shadow I don't see why well-materialized ghosts wouldn't create some shadow effect.
  22. Having second thoughts about our leaders/governments honesty is only natural and firmly grounded in reality. Having secret testing facilities for new weapons and aircrafts is also understandable. But believing in the paranormal without a shred of credible evidence, that is something else entirely.
  23. There was no rise in sea level before 1910. so 40 years of your claim are meaningless anyway. From 1910 to the mid-a960s sea level rise was very small, so detecting it would be difficult by any means. What are your qualifications in climate research? Please list them. Sea level rise is not really my thing, anyway. I am mostly concerned with the southern Great Plains. I got into Arctic ice conditions on the hypothesis that Arctic ice cover might be correlated with increasing moisture in Oklahoma. As yet, I have not been able to check this. I HAVE determined a 1.12-point increase in the Palmer Drought Severity Index since 1900. The PDSI is pretty good with long-term drought, but since about 1960 we have had mostly short-term droughts. This needs to be cross-checked using the Z-Index. I still havce a long way to go with this, but I am working on a publishable paper on climate change right now. So what are you doing? Doug
  24. Full blood! There is no such thing. Being Native is being part of a tribal community. I always did like the George Reeves Superman serial though.
  25. aztek

Prosecutors subpoena 8 years of Trump's taxes

he does not have to, that is all there is to it. not to mention he WASN"T subpoenaed, it was accounting agency that did the taxes.
  1. Load more activity