Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates   

1. Past hour
  2. Usually. But sheer accidents have also started an investigative process. I think a better way to say it is: it starts with curiosity. Doug
  3. I am one mile from the border with the Black Country, and no way can I understand an old Dudley dialect! This is a relatively mild one (from Tipton) but it's the best I've been able to find:
  4. LOL Yeppers! I figured that we needed details. Nibs
  5. You are describing a hypothesis, you make an observation and hypothesize an outcome based on your observation and then test for a result. The result then determines the next step. Maybe your hypothesis is evidenced, maybe it isn't, you conclude based on the results.
  6. Aaawww.. Dont be like that friend .. I mean.. I dont take your word salad too seriously but I wouldn't disrespect you, by telling others not to listen to you .. Because, I ain't a low blow kinda gal .. What my beef is with you , it will be with you .. I wouldn't ask others to take it on, because I dont need to, I deal with My Own Shiznit, on my shoulders .. Ya see dude.. I Dont ever ask someone else to take on my shizz.. Thats on me ... Do what you want, you are your own boss .. Mo .xx
  7. Then you are on the right path. I have a few pendulums, but have better luck with divining rods when seeking an answer as concrete as yes or no- mostly when seeking something of value. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being reverent, as long as you aren't seeking something to act like a genie (djinn) in a bottle. Keep in mind that if you don't get an answer, it may not be time for you to have the information, or it is possible that the answer is more complex than a simple yes or no. As far as using an oracle, be it rods, pendulums, Ouija boards, tarot, I-ching, or a medium, always remember that the answer will be from that moment in time not including the changes that could take place minutes, hours or days later. Ever notice that if it had been just one second later, or just one second earlier - an accident could have been avoided? The same applies to the way intuitive devices and feelings work. A sequence of events may need to occur to bring your desired answer to reality. XenoFish pretty much nailed it, in that all abilities that you have when using tools and even a human medium all come from within you and from you. Even though, there times when external entities make their presence, their messages are often brief and direct. For me, three knocks always means that someone is going to die within a few days. That "warning" clearly did not come from my psyche, but from some thing other than a human spirit. It wasn't evil, it was just the messenger. It is understanding the natural course of events in our world, our environment, our lives that is the hardest part of deciphering the messages from across the veil.
  8. Okey dokey! Have a good day! Nibs
  9. Ok. I am tired of this lol Have better things to do, good day
  10. Thank you for sharing, that was an amazing post!
  11. I just discovered a weather pattern that preceeds bud break in post oaks. It is the same in February, March or April and I've tested it using observations from 1906 to the present. It works. I didn't really have faith that it would work. I just threw ideas at the wall to see which ones would stick. I got lucky - this one did. That's the way Edison worked. He just tried things without any rhyme or reason and low and behold: he made a light bulb. Serendipity plays a big role in science. Penicillin was discovered when an experiment was contaminated. I accidently found a set of weather records for nineteenth century Oklahoma that people had forgotten existed: they cover a time interval for which there is only one other record. I carry an increment borer in my care - just in case I see a likely-looking, very old tree. I would bet there's a 500-year-old eastern red-cedar out there somewhere - maybe enough of them to build a chronology. Sometimes, you make your own luck. But that's not faith. It's based on knowledge: I have a 300-year old eastern red-cedar core. Students from U of Ar. found a 600-year-old cedar. The oldest known eastern red-cedar is over 1400 years old. There are millions of cedars in Oklahoma. There must be a 500-year-old stand out there somewhere. Doug
  12. What are you trialing and erroring?
  13. http://www.dictionary.com/browse/faith noun 1. confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability. 2. belief that is not based on proof: He had faith that the hypothesis would be substantiated by fact. 3. belief in God or in the doctrines or teachings of religion: the firm faith of the Pilgrims. 4. belief in anything, as a code of ethics, standards of merit, etc.: to be of the same faith with someone concerning honesty. 5. a system of religious belief: the Christian faith; the Jewish faith. 6. the obligation of loyalty or fidelity to a person, promise, engagement,etc.: Failure to appear would be breaking faith. 7. the observance of this obligation; fidelity to one's promise, oath,allegiance, etc.: He was the only one who proved his faith during our recent troubles. Faith already has the answer and will only accept what supports it regardless of evidence. Nibs
  14. No, it doesn’t mean something is in doubt, it means something is unknown. Doubt doesn’t enter the question immediately. cormac
  15. You don't need to validate your faith, Will. IMHO If you prefer a path that includes god and it just works for you so be it. Why the need to convince? Why are you in the Spirituality versus skepticism section? It is a rhetorical question, one I once asked myself. My guess is you are questioning.
  16. Like I said, it begins with an observation. Then the question of why and how. Let's go with a rainbow. Two people see a rainbow. One said "Look what God did!" The other said "How was it done? Why does it happen?" One went with faith "knowing" that the answer was in total - God did it. One went with an investigation for evidence. Nibs
  17. Having an idea, taking an educated guess (sometimes several), then testing as many possibilities till you figure it out. Faith isn't involved.
  18. You continue to mischaracterize the testimony by describing the measurement as "considerably smaller"; the testimony from the pathologist was that he could have removed the material from over the head, but that he probably would have damaged the head by doing so. I can only wonder whether you also disagree with the pathologist's opinion that the material became associated with the body post-mortem.
  19. Yes but with faith, trial and error is also involved.
  20. Exactly, and they were outed.
  21. So if it begins with a question that means something is in doubt, in other words something is unclear, and unknown, but suspected as probable or possible, correct?
  22. If someone is a selfish, nasty person, then yes, I guess you might use prayer for selfish and nasty ends, although if it is to God that you are praying to, then I doubt very much that you will receive an answer, same goes for any unwholesome supplication.
  1. Load more activity