Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Ahhh....gotcha. Well, the 'strange little girl' ain't ANYTHING. Look what happened when I put the image through a standard polarising filter on Photoshop ! .......
  3. *sigh* Plato pretty much said he made it up. It is not found in any Balkan, let alone Indo-European myth or legend. The idea of it as a real place was first conceived by a under educated racist American idiot name Ignatius Donnelly. It never existed. Case closed
  4. Will Due

A Universe Not Made For Us

I get your point. In the mortal sense, yes, time is short. But in my opinion, it's long enough to envision eternity adequately.
  5. Dumbledore the Awesome

Dumbledore the Awesome

What a glorious title  21st Space Wing' is. And Air Force Space Command . Wouldn't you love to be a member of Space Command. 

6. Plato definitely is the granddaddy of all trolls. A troll story that nobody can prove or disprove. His Atlantis had persisted for 2500 yrs, and will persist until the day we were invaded by aliens, until the day sun blows out.
  7. RoofGardener

Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Intriguing. The ship has changed its name to "Adrian Darya -1", and its registration from Panama to Iran, and is flying the Iranian flag. The Iranian government have given binding assurances - on Iranian government letterhead - that the ship will NOT discharge any oil in Syria. Well, we shall see.
  8. 1. What's the thing in the attic? I don't remember you mentioning that before. 2. HATED the Warrens. Hated. Hated. Hated. Old crocks of poo.
  9. joc

Faith?

I'm talking about...if you don't have anything nice to say or productive...then don't say anything.
  10. If you enlarge the photo (I'm seeing it on a computer screen) it actually looks like it's between him AND the window. It continues below the window frame and down to the ground. And it's the classic shape of the Virgin Mary ghosts that people like to plop into photos.
  11. Habitat

Faith?

Moi !
  12. Seems out and out fakery to me. Perhaps the original article didn't get enough attention.
  13. NDE's are just the effect of the brain shutting down. Dead is dead.
  14. We are the sum and substance of our beliefs, something that makes each of us rather unique. Yet, given this diversity there is much we share in common. This commonality and diversity is certainly explainable within the statistical context of a normal distribution more commonly known as a bell-curve. As we move from the center of curve we experience the more diverse until finally at three standard deviations from the mean we begin to see the exotic if not miraculous. Indeed, the mathematics allows for these extremes without compromising natural order. I suspect that there is still much to discovered three standard deviations from the mean.
  15. It still always was a secular nation and not based on your imaginary friends. Which makes your "prophecy?" void from the get.
  16. ScotDeerie

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Probably. After all, he had to keep casting his net to find other buyers for his product. He HAD to be friends with the rich and famous if he wanted to find more rich fish. But the ones who still associated with him AFTER everyone knew what he was need a closer look.
  17. XenoFish

Faith?

I'm talking about you. "Team, team, team, blah, blah, blah" at the drop of a hat.
  18. ScotDeerie

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Trump has 22+ sexual assault accusations against him. Of course he needs to be included in the discussion. But he was a sleazeball long before he was president. I don't give a hoot who's involved in this. Take them all to jail. I simply have no politics involved when kids are being assaulted and women raped.
  19. Habitat

Faith?

Don't talk about P101 like that, goodness me.
  20. XenoFish

Faith?

When you have no argument all you're left with are insults.
  21. Today
  22. Habitat

Trump wants the US to buy Greenland

I don't see any mention of a price being offered by Trump, to my mind if you offer to buy something that isn't on the market, you better name the price you are prepared to pay. What sort of businessman wouldn't ?
  23. That's no secret. It's around $250,000 US per ticket.
  24. More compliments? But I have to score one for your psychic abilities, as I'm super lazy, and much more than you are able to perceive. You, as a professed professor, should have explained the rhetoric about Art 11. It seems that the young nation, apart paying a ransom , it was also giving lip service to the Muslims to avert further conflicts. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli Article 11 Article 11 has been and is a point of contention in popular culture disputes on the doctrine of separation of church and state as it applies to the founding principles of the United States. Some religious spokesmen claim that—despite unanimous ratification by the U.S. Senate of the text in English which contained Article 11—the page containing Article 11 is missing from the Arabic version of the treaty.[12] The contemporaneous purpose of Article 11 was to make clear that the United States was a secular state[14] and to reassure the Muslims that the agreement was not with an extension of earlier Christian nations that took part in the Crusades.[15] Article 11 Article 11 reads: Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries. According to Frank Lambert, Professor of History at Purdue University, the assurances in Article 11 were "intended to allay the fears of the Muslim state by insisting that religion would not govern how the treaty was interpreted and enforced. John Adams and the Senate made clear that the pact was between two sovereign states, not between two religious powers." Lambert writes, By their actions, the Founding Fathers made clear that their primary concern was religious freedom, not the advancement of a state religion. Individuals, not the government, would define religious faith and practice in the United States. Thus the Founders ensured that in no official sense would America be a Christian Republic. Ten years after the Constitutional Convention ended its work, the country assured the world that the United States was a secular state, and that its negotiations would adhere to the rule of law, not the dictates of the Christian faith. The assurances were contained in the Treaty of Tripoli of 1797 and were intended to allay the fears of the Muslim state by insisting that religion would not govern how the treaty was interpreted and enforced. John Adams and the Senate made clear that the pact was between two sovereign states, not between two religious powers.[16] Episcopal minister and educator Anson Phelps Stokes noted that "those who wished to deny that the United States as a government has any special regard for the Christian religion...[have ] almost invariably failed to call attention to the fact that the treaty was superseded, less than a decade later, by another 'Treaty of Peace and Amity,' signed in Tripoli June 4, 1805, in which the clause in question...is omitted."[17] Later dissent A prominent member of Adams' cabinet, Secretary of War James McHenry, claimed that he protested the language of Article 11 before its ratification. He wrote to Secretary of the Treasury Oliver Wolcott, Jr., September 26, 1800: "The Senate, my good friend, and I said so at the time, ought never to have ratified the treaty alluded to, with the declaration that 'the government of the United States, is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.' What else is it founded on? This act always appeared to me like trampling upon the cross. I do not recollect that Barlow was even reprimanded for this outrage upon the government and religion."
  25. pixiii

Dyatlov Pass

Sorry, I've been out of this thread for a while (since I last replied in here actually!) but I wanted to mention the theory of the person's bones breaking with the weight of snow that's fallen slowly onto the body. It wouldn't cause bruising obviously, although the possibility of the weight of the snow could break the bones? I'm sorry I've just popped in like this out of the blue. I shall come back tomorrow as I'm so tired I need to sleep now, but I just saw this and remembered the snowfall theory for the fractures and thought, quickly, mention it. *yawns* see you good folk tomorrow
  26. joc

Faith?

hmmm why does every post have to result in personal insults?
  27. Some patients who 'died' for a short period have reported things that they couldn't possibly have known about. https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/329817/are-near-death-experiences-merely-illusions
  1. Load more activity