Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. joc

Faith?

Gallup studies have shown that 40% of Americans attend church weekly. So, clearly religious/church affiliation does little to end loneliness.
  3. Some patients who 'died' for a short period have reported things that they couldn't possibly have known about. https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/329817/are-near-death-experiences-merely-illusions
  4. Habitat

Faith?

My thoughts are that you are a bit of a stalker.
  5. Setton

Iran tries to hijack vessel British Heritage

Indeed you might. I'd suggest you start by reading your own link. Asymmetric warfare refers to the differing capabilities of belligerents, not the theatres they operate in. You are correct that I was talking about reciprocity. As we're you when you first mentioned retaliation (same thing). You just got it wrong. I'm well aware. That's why you stay so uninformed.
  6. joc

New Zealanders hand over guns in Christchurch

But the founding of America was all about the individuals and their wants. I don't really know the history of New Zealand...but I do know the history of the United States and it began with a big Bang of gunfire involving the British soldiers of King George. Wyatt Earp cleaned up Tucson Arizona by taking guns at the City Limit. But then again...Mayor Giulliani cleaned up New York City just by enforcing existing laws which resulted in a large number of guns off the streets.
  7. stevewinn

Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

most of them are stepping down anyway, Dominic Grieve, Ken Clarke etc.... they know the game is up for them. Its like the news yesterday project fear once more, The latest outpouring of nonsense about how the ports will cease to work and we will be short of imports is bizarre. Both Calais and Dover have said they are ready for smooth working after October 31, whilst other Belgian and Dutch ports are applying competitive pressure as they would love to take more of the business. Calais/Dover have to deal with VAT, Excise and currency changes whilst we are in the EU so adding a few tariffs if some are needed does not create some new problem we haven’t already solved for other taxes. HMRC have said they don’t want to hold imported goods up with lots of new checks. I am not worried about Brexit but I am worried about the danger of Project Fear as so many gullible people have been taken in. - take fuel shortages that was mentioned in this 'leaked' report it only applied to the local area around the Port of Dover, but the impression was allowed to grow to mean national shortage. strange when fuel arrives via seaborne oil tankers Then we have medicines and shortage, The NHS holds three months supply anyway. The suppliers of medicines haven't said their no longer going to supply their products or block their delivery. nor have the UK said were going to block there importation. The question i want answering who are people that are going to hold up the supply of medicine? I see Corbyn who understands he has no chance of ever being Prime minster wants to recall Parliament to debate Brexit, what on earth have they been doing for the last 3 years ? They don’t want to debate it they want to stop it, well the time for debate is over it’s now time to leave. IF we leave with no Deal remainers only have themselves to blame for 3 years they've been fighting the EU's rearguard action for them instead of trying to get a deal for the UK. The EU offered the remainers in parliament a deal and Parliament voted it down three times. So the choice is clear its the EU deal which you've voted down three times or transition to WTO deal.
  8. Sherapy

Faith?

The article is about sleep deprivation as a factor of loneliness. Yes, I am very close to my family and kids. Not all of us are religious either. I have friend who recently divorced, he had no family, no friends, so he hit the local bar and made friends, created a support system out of them and met a wonderful lady whom he is now in a serious relationships with, and he is very happy, he isn’t religious, just practical and industrious.
  9. Piney

News on kmt_sesh

Happy Birthday Mummy!
  10. joc

Spiritual or science

So, I googled LBRP. The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, or LBRP for short, is a tool to assist you in maintaining your own Light, and protect you from the overwhelming sea of emotions and energies flying about the world. One can only 'banish' the negativism of others by maintaining one's own positive thought process.
  11. ExpandMyMind

"Gay Cake" row goes to European Courts

He's spewing nonsense that has been disproved by science for decades. So forgotten and ridiculed are some of his views that I'm genuinely surprised that anyone can still believe such things in 2019. Even his misguided opinion on gender is increasingly being shown to have a biological, not merely environmental, explanation. He even states that psychology sees homosexuality as an 'identity problem' (it doesn't - it views it as neither a problem nor an identity issue), then moves right on to conflate sexual preference and gender. And he offers no evidence to support his opinions. In short, he has absolutely no ****ing idea what he's talking about - at all - and it would be a waste of time to argue with a pseudo intellectual of this magnitude. But then, if you read his last sentence, all becomes clear. 'Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience'.
  12. RoofGardener

News on kmt_sesh

Happy Birthday Kmt_Sesh
  13. tcgram

News on kmt_sesh

Happy Birthday @kmt_sesh!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!
  14. pixiii

Epstein found Dead in Jail

I think that's a very valid point @Kismit regarding the #metoo movement. A lot of these girls would have felt shamed and most likely didn't tell anyone of their ordeals. In all likelihood, if the women who came forward with the Weinstein case hadn't paved the way for women of all ages to speak out, we'd probably still be living in an era where women stay quiet due to the shame or fear of ridicule or disbelief by society. The flipside is what I mentioned earlier in a post - I really hope the girls who would be grown women now, have some type of evidence like Guiffre had, otherwise it could end up looking like a bunch of random females coming out of the woodwork to try to claim fame/money without some sort of evidence to back up their claims. I'm all for the victims receiving justice as long as the evidence is there. And then people would say, what do the victims do if they don't have evidence but horrid mental scars of the abuse they endured. I really don't know.
  15. joc

News on kmt_sesh

Happy Birthday KMT!
  16. Korpela explained what sort of signal qualities would convince astronomers that they’re dealing with possible extraterrestrial intelligence: https://www.vox.com/2016/8/30/12709286/seti-signal-aliens-hd164595
  17. Artist should read 'Til Tuesday My bad...
  18. RoofGardener

Boat out of water

ZOMG.. you live on a narrowboat ? That is awesome. Do you have any other photo's of it ?
  19. I'm so glad I read that article in full, because I seriously had no idea who the Kool-Aid Man was, or what he did to walls. Now it makes sense to me!
  20. Unfortunately Kmt sesh is not here right now, but we had this conversation back in 2018:
  21. My ears were ringing, and sure enough I came to see what the fuss was all about, and now I see that my name was taken in vain again. I don't dare give you a naked chicken, as I gave to my pride and joy, Jay. I would just be saving you the trouble of plucking it, to then quickly cutting it up, batter the pieces, and then quickly placed in hot oil.
  1. Load more activity