Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. A slave bible

This exhibition would be very interesting to see. Amazing how religion is so consistently used for abject evil.
  3. Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

Poke's you with my dirty Swedish hands
  4. Let's talk history

Yes, Goddard has performed some truly in-depth research and addresses the complexities involved. It really is an intricate weave. In regards to consonant interchange, one could also include the Central Algonquian P-B shift and the CH-J shift. The difficulty with these is that are recent (Fur Trade era), may be more dialect related, and, due to the era, subject to both speaker expression and listener interpretation. The dropping of initial vowels also occurred. And Hopewell complexity: Indeed so. Given just the geographical span involved, the lifeways and languages involved were quite varied. It is interesting to speculate upon the day-to-day inter-group interactions and the rather convoluted trade networks. One also wonders how much of a role sign language may have played. .
  5. Link I had no idea that the IRS had been asked to do so.
  6. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Not a 'set-up'. It means the way his prosecutorial powers were structured. The way they were set up. Get me? When you aren't permitted to make a decision on whether someone is guilty, the next best thing is declaring that they are not not-guilty. Basically what I've been saying: declaring that he committed obstruction without actually declaring it. It was a political way around the restrictions imposed by the DoJ.
  7. Climate Change is a Hoax

You have no information to base such a statement on other than I've told a truth that you are unwilling to accept.
  8. Worldwide Walls

Wow! Just completely opposite from reality. You shouldn’t talk about alt facts. Who says we don’t consider anything else. Do we have to notify you first before we do? Perhaps we’re intelligent enough to figure it out for ourselves?? #9 supports the OP. Really? Not even the sheer number of them? If that were not true, do you think there would be that many fences going up? Someone (in fact many someones) thinks they are good.
  9. Well its my problem in what to believe:) was it Egypt`s Atlantis of Threa it was, or as why the earlier Greek writers placed a rich great civilization it so far in the west ,or was it a place of a rich greater civilization ,Tartessos ? Plato ( They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them; neither were they intoxicated by luxury; nor did wealth deprive them of their self-control; but they were sober, and saw clearly that all these goods are increased by virtue and friendship with one another, whereas by too great regard and respect for them, they are lost and friendship with them) of which Solon would talk so much in his poems of virtue. Plato Such was the vast power which the god settled in the lost island of Atlantis; and this he afterwards directed against our land for the following reasons, as tradition tells: For many generations, as long as the divine nature lasted in them, they were obedient to the laws, and well-affectioned towards the god, whose seed they were; for they possessed true and in every way great spirits, uniting gentleness with wisdom in the various chances of life, and in their intercourse with one another. They despised everything but virtue, caring little for their present state of life, and thinking lightly of the possession of gold and other property, which seemed only a burden to them; neither were they intoxicated by luxury; nor did wealth deprive them of their self-control; but they were sober, and saw clearly that all these goods are increased by virtue and friendship with one another, whereas by too great regard and respect for them, they are lost and friendship with them. By such reflections and by the continuance in them of a divine nature, the qualities which we have described grew and increased among them; but when the divine portion began to fade away, and became diluted too often and too much with the mortal admixture, and the human nature got the upper hand, they then, being unable to bear their fortune, behaved unseemly, and to him who had an eye to see grew visibly debased, for they were losing the fairest of their precious gifts; but to those who had no eye to see the true happiness, they appeared glorious and blessed at the very time when they were full of avarice and unrighteous power. Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honourable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows-* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.
  10. Gender neutral boats for Scotland

Not all are bowing down to the bullies, thankfully I notice there is nothing on the gender of the vandals. Either they do not want to offend them or they do not know who they are. For all we know the vandals could be Heterosexual- Homosexual- Lesbian- Bisexual-. Pansexual- Bicurious- Polysexual- Monosexual- Allosexual- Gynosexual- Questioning- Asexual- Demisexual- Grey Asexual- Perioriented- Varioriented- Heteronormative- l Erasure- Cishet- Polyamorous- Monoamorous- Queer- Ally- FFS! Are they making up new words each time they look in the mirror?
  11. Is Handwashing As Important As They Say?

That looks like me going out for a couple of pints...
  12. A slave bible

Not slavery - Needs Based Development.
  13. Climate Change is a Hoax

Well, nice to meet you. I'm probably one of the most intellectually honest people you will ever have the honor to meet.
  14. Doing God's will.

Yes. Because I fully acknowledge and accept the choices I make.
  15. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Except this actually is a bad analogy. Planning to drink and drive would be something that only exists in the mind. You can't be convicted for your thoughts. Ordering someone to commit a crime is an action - itself a crime. You can be convicted for your actions. It doesn't have to be violent. Soliciting someone to commit an illegal act is a crime. There are different levels of solicitation, but not all require something as serious as violence. The problem isn't with him firing anyone. The problem is the reason behind his actions. If that reason is to obstruct an investigation then it's illegal. I think you'll find Nixon tried that defence, which makes me confused as to why you think it has any merit in this case when both situations parallel each other so closely with regards to obstruction. Of course it wasn't. We knew that the DoJ had a policy of not prosecuting a President. Like I said, the first sentence that you yourself quoted makes it clear that he wouldn't go down that route and we know it was for the aforementioned reason. If I haven't gotten through to you by now then likely it's impossible. Maybe after a few years of reflection the fog may clear. You're obviously intelligent so I have confidence you'll get there eventually. Might even be sooner - Mueller is due to appear in front of Congress at some point, no? Yes, interpreting it. That's how it was written. He couldn't come right out and say 'guilty' because he's a by-the-book operator, so he basically said it in every way possible without stating it outright. It was pure politics and executed flawlessly. Have you not read analysis on this? There are loads of sources that lay it out. I'd get my research on if I were you.
  16. Climate Change is a Hoax

Hypothetically, you can lead an idiot to knowledge, but you can't make them think. I'm more concerned with intellectually honest people.
  17. Doing God's will.

And that's what free will is all about, Charlie Brown.
  18. I don't believe you

So I've taken some time to ponder the last few pages of this thread and where it has lead us. Abortion, slavery, marital rape, and I think someone mentioned euthanasia as well. So for it seems that there are two camps. One that says that certain actions are moral or immoral, always and forever. And one camp that says that things are moral until someone labels them as immoral, or illegal. Is that the gist of the argument?
  19. Climate Change is a Hoax

It is not. It won't be.
  20. US threatens to veto UN resolution on rape

I hear they want the monitoring body to come from the delegation from India. JK, but that would be about par for the course where the UN is concerned.
  21. They were an interesting couple.
  22. Climate Change is a Hoax

I appreciate the kind words, boss. I hope it's useful to the readers of the thread.
  23. Doing God's will.

Are you?
  1. Load more activity