Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

The problem with that is no one wants the job. Trump's rhetoric has taken an already tough job and made it unpopular as well.
  3. I don't believe you

You are the one claiming rape ( spousal exemption) was never looked judiciously as a crime and that it never came up prior to the 70’s. I have successfully refuted you, as this is just not the case. There were 4 cases looking at this as early as 1886. You said prior to the 70s they would have been laughed out of court.
  4. I don't believe you

oops
  5. I don't believe you

Mr. Walker, if you are trying to persuade the women here you are a boorish and insensitive lout, I dare say you've succeeded. Your analogy is spurious and ludicrous, equating eating meat with rape.
  6. I don't believe you

The law makes it wrong from the point the law changed. It does not make it wrong from before then (although sometimes modern values are allowed to override this legal principle) Is it wrong to eat meat? if it becomes considered wrong (and illegal) to eat meat in 20 years time, do you admit to being a criminal and immoral, today, for doing so, today? If it is wrong then, why is it not wrong now? why are you not an evil despicable human being NOW for eating meat or wearing animal products once it becomes seen as such, in the future?
  7. I don't believe you

Oh, right now, I have enough on my hands judging the ones here in the present.
  8. Robot news presenter launched on Russian TV

The up and coming spring model(s) . . .
  9. I don't believe you

Philosophically I agree but rape could not exist in marriage because it was legally defined that a woman (or man) in a marriage could not withdraw the consent legally given during a marriage ceremony if something is consensual and legal then it cannot be rape. The basis of this argument is that morality and ethics are not absolute but relative Right is what we as humans decide at any one time is right. There are no absolute/ unchanging moral rights and wrongs. Like others, you fail to distinguish reality from wishful thinking I am a better man than most through both discipline and nature, and ethical education. However i cannot accept that we can judge past people by our own practices and beliefs/values nor tha t a future people can judge us by their own values. My father would never have demanded sex from my mother without her full and willing consent. My mother would never have dreamed of refusing it, without a good reason. That is the way good, kind, people, who loved each other, thought and behaved back then, and still do today
  10. AG Barr confirms spying on Trump campaign

This is Q''s very first post : Its been this way since the beginning. BIG NEWS THE STORM IS HERE....oh wait no its coming The Mueller investigation is over. QAnon, the conspiracy theory that grew around it, is not. Why a conspiracy theory with an expiration date will endure. Here is another from 11/1/ 2017 https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/search/uid/pGukiFmX/order/asc/ Part of why I picked up on and began railing against the entire Q thing is I saw how the EXACT same tactic was being used by mainstream members of the GOP. Remember the Nunes memo? We were told for months how it was going to expose the "deep state" and even his most ardent supporters must admit it was a sham. Remember Uranium1 ? Or the IG report? All hyped and then morphed over time in the exact same pattern as the Q crumbs .
  11. I don't believe you

I once had a neighbour who had a difficult birth, and some remedial surgery for tears. Hubby was somewhat impatient, apparently, and she confided she was suffering the painful consequences. Never thought the same of the bloke after that.
  12. I don't believe you

I don't give a bloody damn when the law was changed, because the change confirms marital rape as wrong, a despicable and reprehensible act and represents the culmination of the emancipation of women.
  13. I've read some fiction where the authors have Vikings sailing down the coast of North America to Mexico. Good reading but I'm not so sure how accurate it is. lol
  14. I don't believe you

let us read the rest of this source which you failed to footnote https://repository.jmls.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1884&context=lawreview Only four cases in Britain have considered the spousal exemption; only one actually held, following Hale, that a husband could not be charged with raping his wife;26 that case was heard in 1949.27 Is our authority, then, only forty years old? "That a rule like the marital rape exemption could date from a time when the status of women was supposed to be improved says a lot about that supposition," 28 and that jurisprudence for three hundred years has clung to Lord Hale's "Contractual Consent" theory29 "says much about contemporary society and the role of ideology in it." ' 30 On the strength of Hale's unsupported statement, the judiciary in the United States formally recognized the husband's immunity as early as 1857,31 but perhaps judicial acknowledgement occurred even earlier.32 Few cases have dealt with the issue directly33 because most statutory codifications and the common law required, as an element of rape, that the victim not be the spouse or wife of the perpetrator. 3 4 end quote In other words, while some did not like it, all "lumped it" until the 1970s when things began to change and the law was challenged and altered.
  15. I don't believe you

Mr. Walker, with all do respect, I've never seen a more severe case of anal retention. Rape is when you force someone, against their wishes, to have sex with you. Rape is not taking no for an answer. It use to be legal in marriage, but it was never right. No man who truly loves and respects their wife would ever do it. Those that do are selfish sons of b****es. They're not manly men, they're animals, disgusting and despicable excuses for men. Now why don't you pull that hole dug yourself, in on top of you and give it a rest.
  16. Robot news presenter launched on Russian TV

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/robot-news-presenter-appears-russian-14432502 Yes, creepy! Not bad, but the terminator interior and drug glased eyes, and broken jaw isn't good. Only a matter of time before his eyes go red.
  17. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Maybe it's simply a one off Operation like that.. coordinated
  18. Place your (pretend) bets..

Based on the impeachment process requiring the republicans to vote in favor of it I cant imagine any of the dems actually think removal from office is an option. I do however, perhaps romantically, hope that some of them are still considering pursuing the impeachment process due to their own moral convictions. While the current conventional wisdom seems to be that it would be a bad political move for the dems I think we can look at history a little and see how the public nature of the impeachment process brought Nixon's approval ratings from absurdly high levels (like near 80% if i recall correctly) down into a range where there was no political will for his party to protect him. Personally Ive come around to the position that what we need to be doing is ending the conditions ripe for a Trump - or a Clinton for that matter - rather than damaging the nation through removal attempts. I am intrigued by the secret indictments however. That has nothing to do with the dems and is honestly the one thing that should have the whole criminal enterprise terrified.
  19. I don't believe you

You reckon? I think it was just rude and ignorant . Men do not have the right to rape women. it was not rape when it occurred in a marriage, even though to day it might be seen as such. Then it was neither legally nor conceptually rape, as consent was outlined in law by the process of formal marriage. This was one of the reasons why formal marriage was so important to both men and women of the time. Basically, if you did not want to have sex, you chose not to get married. (and some people, especially women, made that choice) Outside of it, sex was illegal and seen to be immoral. Inside it, sex was not just legal and moral, but assumed to be an integral part of the relationship Even as late as the seventies there was a lot of legal and social pressure not to have sex before marriage, or outside of it . Children were raised in those beliefs and values You always claim you have had enough when you are proven wrong on the facts of an issue, and no longer wish to argue them.
  20. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

There have actually been Buddist attacks on Muslims in Sri Lanka in the past year. http://theconversation.com/violent-buddhist-extremists-are-targeting-muslims-in-sri-lanka-92951
  21. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

It is pretty important after most tense moments, we all practice containment at times. Much like siblings fighting over a toy if Stop does not mean STOP! You end up with worse than what you started with
  22. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

As these issues tend to be very contentious we avoid over moderating, however I am getting mighty impatient with the level of personal attacks taking place in here. Debate the topic or I will be forced to remove personal attacks and issue warnings.
  23. I don't believe you

it was criminalised in south Australia in 1976, (same year that I was married ) making this one of the first western jurisdictions to do so
  24. "Terrorists" kill 200+ in Sri Lanka

Yes. I remember reading where they wanted to let tensions ease.
  25. I don't believe you

Rapists are pathetic people, and many of the victims have come to that realisation. That seems like the best way to resolve the anger and feeling of humiliation. Incarceration acts to keep them off the street.
  26. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Eh, if that's it then it's no big deal. I get disappointments far worse at work. The way everyone was hyping it up made it sound like some big catastrophic secret. Sour grapes for me is hiring a guy and finding out he has no license and listening to him beg to hurry up and get the drug test done so he can smoke pot and then hearing about it from my boss because he asked him too after I said no.
  1. Load more activity