Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Not the question of how there is a "system" within which rational processes can be applied. They are subsidiary.
  3. Sorry, both effects have been observed several hundred times. The time distortion is in constant observation and has been for over a decade. Whether General Relativity is the actual answer as to why is not known. What IS known is that General Relativity predicted both effects long before they were observed and GR's predictions match precisely those observations to the limits of our means to observe them. Harte
  4. Do you know what makes even less sense, aliens flying lightyears through the many dangers of interstellar space only to come here "pee in the snow" and then play hide and seak with the locals.
  5. How many of the experiences have been done under controlled circumstances? 100's? 1000's? How many of these stories have been told after the fact? How many are false/fabricated memories?
  6. Impedancer

Impedancer

The best swedish band ever.

7. Thats your response? I gave you facts so I suppose I probably did, thanks
  8. Yeah I dont know you , maybe you make the same argument for all mass killings, so this is more of a general statement than one pointed directly at you but.....I find it very interesting that from the right wing perspective evil disappears from the world when discussing mass shootings. Are mental health issues involved? Of course. Are they the cause or the primary factor? IDK but I think shifting the narrative in that direction and painting these events as unavoidable acts of nature will only do more harm to the nation and the 2nd amendment in the long run. Yeah dude im pro second amendment. Im also willing to call a spade a spade and our gun culture is ****ed up to the point of mockability and needs to be fixed desperately. If its not, from within, eventually our society will simply vote it away. Just last year there were 4 legitimate school shooting threats at my kids school and each kid had access to an AR-15 (wait maybe it was 3 out of 4). Telling me its just a few bad apples makes me want to punch you in the gut. Now take a second and put yourself in the shoes of someone who has actually lost a loved one. Do you think your rant above will be persuasive? I grew up using guns was in fact an NRA member for years and your argument is absurdly shallow to me . How do you think it looks to the hundreds of millions of Americans who havent spent their entire lives around firearms? Throwing a tantrum and pointing fingers at everything as the culprit except the easy availability of high capacity weapons is simply creating the future you are trying to prevent.
  9. onlookerofmayhem

The mummy overlord is back

All the best with your recovery.
  10. You sound like a CNN reporter
  11. Impedancer

Trump wants the US to buy Greenland

i'll take two :-D
  12. XenoFish

Defining God/s.

God is an idea. So god is whatever people wish it to be.
  13. Kinda like with ghosts.... You do believe in ghosts dont you?!
  14. Harte

It's a magnificent piece of modern literature that took me months to pen. Hope it's not too long and too dry for you: link. Harte
  15. So for extra credit, why do these people exhibiting no brain activity generally have OoBEs? LINK It all seems weirdly specific, for a brain that has stopped working and should be dead.
  16. We're talking about eternity. If you can conceptualize it, you can reason it. If you can't think about questions from a reasonable, rational, and logical perspective then you might as well not think or question anything. The only thing left for those who can't/won't question is a fantasy world.
  17. Alchopwn

We rejoice at the return of our Pharaoh of old.
  18. And? Wouldn't it be reasonably to think that a memory would have formed as the brain is shutting down, and being brought back would simply "reboot" the brain? Like turning off a computer. Unless there is brain damage of course.
  19. Think about what rational thought involves, it deals in the relationships between elements within a system, and is ultimately mute regarding the existence of the overall system. The etymology of the word is clear, but somewhere a long the line, people have come to imagine that rational thinking, is right thinking, and universally so. Not so, not for this question,
  20. Some actual facts: https://fee.org/articles/mass-shootings-arent-becoming-more-common-and-evidence-contradicts-stereotypes-about-the-shooters/ https://fee.org/articles/the-myth-that-the-us-leads-the-world-in-mass-shootings/
  21. I like to drink. I even like Glenfiddich Whiskey. However even on epic benders where I have wound up in unincorporated trailer parks 2 days later I have never been so drunk that I have hallucinated. I find this disappointing. Where are my alotment of pink elephants?
  22. Captain Risky

Captain Risky

Jeremy Corbyn has cancelled a trip to Ghana in order to fight brexit. Ghana has responded with a diplomatic note informing the UK that it will now declare a public holiday to commemorate Corbyn not coming. 

23. Dumbledore the Awesome

Trump wants the US to buy Greenland

This does though have a serious point; this kind of petulant outburst does make very clear what he'd do to any country that didn't go along with his demands in any more serious foreign policy issue; such as, for instance, over Iran or Israel. If any country refused to do what America ordered it to, then America wouldn't be its friend any more (and might wield the weapon of Sanctions at worst). That's the corner that Borish Johnson has backed himself into; by treating Europe with disdain he's more or less obliged himself to be the sycophantic yes-man to a man who believes that he was sent by God to be the saviour of the world.
  24. The committee that developed the system did the calculations using relativity methods, and then with Newtonian methods. They got exactly the same results, but decided it was not politically expedient to announce that at that time. https://www.thunderbolts.info/wp/2013/11/29/common-misconception-9-who-disproved-einstein/
  25. Saru

I know I'm not alone.....

This sounds to me like what is generally known as "old hag" - a type of hallucination that can occur during sleep paralysis. You can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis While "old hag" references the tendency to see an old woman, it is also not uncommon to see/feel something else. This famous painting, for instance, depicts someone experiencing a 'demon' during a sleep paralysis episode: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis#/media/File:John_Henry_Fuseli_-_The_Nightmare.JPG It doesn't mean that an actual, literal 'demon' is responsible, it is simply the way your mind is manifesting the episode. It is certainly worth discussing this with your doctor if the problem persists, however.
  26. A reasonable statement, except for the fact that you can put an EEG on my head while I'm dreaming, whereas these people had the selfsame EEG on their head and they weren't producing signals.
  1. Load more activity