Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Banned CFCs traced to China

That's unfortunate. No doubt the issue isn't over then.
  3. Abortion exceptions

It would probably be closer to the truth to say that they know but the numbers reflect poorly so it isn't disseminated- kinda like the civilian death toll in our middle east conflicts. There is political capital to be had on both sides of the abortion issue. They don't really want to diminish it's importance with something as trivial as the stats on the actual fate of the kids. Here is a quick google: https://adoptionnetwork.com/adoption-statistics Average age of child waiting to be adopted: 8 years old. Average race: Black Majority sex: Male 428,000 in Foster Care with only 135,000 adopted every year. (Compare that with the number of abortions each year and either this system collapses or 10x as many people need to step up and start adopting.)
  4. Religion versus Fiction

I wish we had an angry face response button. Grrrrr.!
  5. Mankind

Eh, 50/50. It existed, We allowed it to grow.
  6. Mankind

By default nothing is sacred, sacredness is a human concept, a value. Every dies.
  7. Mankind

And your solution to this is.... what?
  8. Mankind

Agreed, but to be fair, those Europeans had no concept of pathogens. True, they knew about diseases, but most had no idea how those diseases spread.
  9. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

The irony is that the reason why they made it so that you couldn't file for asylum at the embassy in the home country was that it was too easy and too many were applying- that and places like Syria and the like often had no accessible US embassy at all.
  10. US apparently readying for Iran attack

This is what WAR does with regular Americans, not even touching upon the financial cost of the American taxpayer, and not even touching upon the suffering incurred in the nations they 'intervene' in (based on deceit).. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-26/army-virtue-tweet-backfires-1000s-expose-heartbreaking-horrors-war ..Funny how most ardent warmongers are boastful, deceitful (and boasting about being deceitful like Pompeo) chickenhawks who never served in a war a single second in their lives.
  11. Mankind

With the word "sacred", I refer to sanctity in either a religious or moral sense (not necessarily one and the same thing). Something that perhaps I should have clarified is that also what is "sacred" and what is "sacrilegious" are also attributes administered by man. In that sense - if all life is sacred - it is sacrilegious to eliminate dangerous viruses - and here it is quite obvious who it is that decides, or better to say has the arrogance to decide, what is "dangerous and for whom". In this sense, our choice to take e.g. antibiotics to cure ourselves of a disease that would otherwise kill us - is our advantage over bacteria. Many things that we do give us an advantage. However, an advantage has nothing to do with right and wrong or good and bad. Such is nature - survival of one comes at the expense of another. If no life is sacred and all life is sacred - the purpose of sanctity itself is defeated, and then at least perhaps we can discuss all life on equal footing without discrimination and hypocrisy. My main point here is to dethrone man from a position where he has no rule at all - the throne of nature.
  12. Mankind

Most of them came from us doing the wrong thing or failing to do the right one. Hence the term "zoonotic". North America didn't have any dangerous pathogens until the Europeans brought them over because they keep animals in close quarters and didn't try to solve a rat or human waste problem. So you can consider them "caused by man's stupidity" Not a "product of nature".
  13. "UFO experts" / "testimonials" / "sightings" / "witnesses"
  14. I have repeatedly. But fine. I don't care anymore.
  15. Students protest climate change inaction

Silly. Go to school and eventually figure out productive ways to fix the issue rather than skiving off.
  16. UK cladding tests "almost certain to fail"

The problem seem so be solely the cost of re-cladding the buildings. According to the news one private home homeowner in a tower block (likely in an ex-council flat) was quote £80,000 as her share of the cost of re-cladding the block. I don't know whether they're were on about simply removing the old cladding (leaving it a colder building) or re-cladding it with new flame retardant cladding in terms of the £80k quote.
  17. Mag-8 earthquake hits Peru jungle

Extension in the down-going plate that is underneath the area, based on the first-motion models.
  18. Meh. If you're not going to answer, you're not going to answer.
  19. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Some people seriously believe that Trump was elected by racist, misogynist, Nazi's, people with no compassion for others etc.. and that may be true in a handful of cases. But the majority of those that voted for him did so because he promised to fix broken things such as our southern border. Illegal immigration in this country is broken. When you have 1 in 29 people in this country that is illegal, there is a problem that needs to be fixed. The Democrats figured out long ago to let the illegals flood the state ensuring it would stay red. Now when Trump wants to fix illegal immigration those who scream the loudest are the ones who have allowed this to happen. https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-pol-ca-california-voting-history/ California’s Latino and Asian populations boomed in the 1990s and the growing segment of voters were turned off by the Republican Party’s hard-line stance on immigration. After the party closely tied itself to Proposition 187, a controversial California ballot measure that denied public services to people in the country illegally, Republicans struggled to win back the state's immigrant population. Democratic candidates have won decisively in every election since 1992 by performing well in the most populous areas. Despite failing to win the presidency, Hillary Clinton won a higher percentage of votes than any candidate since Franklin D. Roosevelt. The United States sends election monitors around the world to help discourage fraudulent balloting. But, here at home, it has largely turned a blind eye to the possibility that fraudulent voting by non citizens could influence the outcome of an election. Our voter registration system is susceptible to abuse by non citizens. In addition, non citizens and illegal aliens are counted when apportioning congressional districts and when allocating state electors under the Electoral College. This means they can exert an indirect influence and non citizens play a role in determining how many congressional representatives a state has and exert an indirect influence on presidential elections. U.S. Elections Are Vulnerable to Non citizen Voting Fraud Mass immigration has had a significant effect on American electoral politics. Despite the fact that it is a crime for aliens to vote in federal elections, non citizens and illegal aliens are counted when apportioning congressional districts. 1 This means that areas with large numbers of illegal alien residents gain additional representatives in Congress. https://www.fairus.org/issue/societal-impact/noncitizens-voting-violations-and-us-elections You tighten the border up, and you slow illegal immigration as well as the flow of drugs into this country and while Trump is trying to do something about a broken system the Democrats are fighting him all the way on this. It's all about the votes. This is why Sanctuary cities were set up imo, as well as throwing the term "racist" out there for wanting voter ID's. It is all by design. This should show you what is clearly wrong with America: A federal grand jury is investigating a Massachusetts judge after she allegedly allowed an illegal immigrant to escape an arrest by Immigration and Customs Enforcement officers. https://www.leoaffairs.com/massachusetts-judge-under-investigation-after-letting-illegal-immigrant-escape-out-back-door/ And then we have people saying that Trump is turning away people who are legitimately seeking asylum: About 70% of illegal aliens who claim asylum never bother to show up for their court cases. They simply disappear "into the shadows" once they are released into the population. And no wonder, given that courts have found 80% of asylum cases to be bogus to begin with. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/07/lib_study_illegals_miss_court_dates_due_to_confusion_mental_illness_bad_bus_service.html The law is changing so you must apply for asylum at your countries embassy, not the U.S border. A good start.
  20. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

BBC one at 10pm coverage starts. The low turnout might be a factor. 36% turnout. (estimated/not confirmed) which reduces the likelihood. 30% to 35% would be my guess. but i hope your right. and come the end of the night your in the money.
  21. Neither are a living being. Which I figured was obvious.
  22. Einstein Fooled You All

Gravity has no effect on light. Someone forgot to tell black holes that.
  23. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

blackened heart of gold sadness crusted, patient moon flicks through night's shadows
  24. While the Bigfoot Hunters were marching around in a Camden County game park consisting of 4gen regrowth and bemoaning "unexplored" and paying a suburban hunting club as 'guides". I was taking Mike Argano from the BFRO every place in the Pine Barrens he wanted to go. Free of charge. I just wanted to exercise my camera. Most people don't realize that every place in the U.S is known by somebody and many of us will take you someplace without looking for monetary gain or to run a con. I happily take Jersey Devil and Bigfoot hunters out just for the sake of a good hike or horseback ride. I'm sure there is a decent Native who would do the same thing there.
  25. susieice

As we celebrate the unofficial start of the summer season remember. Tomorrow we honor our war dead.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/26/us/gallery/memorial-day-weekend-2019/index.html

1. Alien Origins

Alien Origins

Salute to all those who have served or are serving now...

1. Load more activity