Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. SETI's Bill Diamond is not particularly convinced that we have ever been visited by members of an alien civilization. https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/376465/seti-institute-chief-offers-his-views-on-ufos-and-alien-visitors
  3. This term usually refers to the "Nine Bows", a reference to Egypt's enemies. Here is one representation of them, they also appear on Tutankhamun's sandals so that he is forever trampling them.
  4. Spiritual teacher Joan Tollifson has similarly showed a correlation between desires (as opposed to needs) stimulated by capitalist marketing structures and resultant addiction disorders. Human needs are finite but desires are bound to be unending due to the boundless nature of imagination. https://www.joantollifson.com/writing9.html
  5. I am so sorry for that man and his family.
  6. I smoke weed, never during the day and have tried most illicit drugs when younger but I've never experienced the paranormal while under the influence of anything including alcohol. In fact I'll use weed to suppress experiencing it if it gets too heavy. Hallucinating on drugs is an entirely different thing.
  7. Thread closed for moderator review.
  8. Hammerclaw

Revisiting God Constructs

This is a public forum and anything one posts on it can and will be discussed and debated. Read your last few posts and notice how insulting and condescending you've been to posters who disagree with you, then cry me a river. You can believe in the tooth fairy and the easter bunny, for all I care, but you don't have the right to either foist your beliefs off on anyone else or insult and condemn them because they don't toe your ecclesiastical line.
  9. It could and probably is that your wife is just more sensitive than you and has more primitive instincts. I feel a lot of people are just too comfortable living in a nanny state and disregard those gut feelings, there usually isn't a need for them now. If she is open to the possibility of this then she could experience it but I'm like her and need to see it to accept it. I'm in no way against people doubting this and some still don't think it's real after seeing something profoundly paranormal as it's very taxing on the mind and our whole being in many ways.
  10. Jon Ellison

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

Hi Zod! I think you've cracked it. It was glued back on and then it fell off again. Genius!
  11. Today
  12. Zod YinYang

There are wacky explanations that can be conjectured, if one accepts that a forgery occurred. It is possible that the stick was indeed correctly drawn/painted on the wall (just after Vyse's entry), but unwittingly, the forger hadn't realised that the upper part of the 'stick' was over the top of a very thin, translucent layer of salt encrustation. At some later point, due to a change in the prevailing conditions, human disturbance, etc, that layer flaked off (taking with it, the upper part of the stick). So, by the time Perring went to copy it from the chamber, it had fallen off. But, fortunately, it was then found on the floor and glued back, in time for Hill & witnesses. The glue didn't last, so by the time Rowe got there it had fallen off again and become trampled into smithereens.
  13. Oh... like a little child in the sandpit or dolls house exclaiming " I have a secret but I am not going to tell you" trick? Bulls***! The problem is that you appoint yourself arbiter., judge and jury, but at the same time selectively "ignore" all sensible suggestions . Anyway, your Arty expert friend side kick, says they made the mistake when they were "copying the first generation drawing" that he dreamed up. It seems your not happy with that either,? But it is similar to your recent (last month) "Secret Cache- The Proof" thread where you insisted that Hill drew his facsimiles directly from the imaginary replica of the RC's in the rubble pit. Don't you remember that one? Or have you really read the objections and moved on from that and want to try and make up a bigger mystery or prolong it for more attention? Both mean in your fantasy that all at least were in cahoots into the imaginary scam, even Sir R K Arbuthnot who Vyse had only just met recently via letter of introduction from Campbell. Just for you to consider. Actually you almost certainly will not. But for others consideration. Perhaps we gather some very crude writing that you are unfamiliar with, say ancient Chinese glyphs, say 30, and some ancient cuneiform writing say 10 words and 10 names, and some ancient Sanskrit characters (30 names). We get someone to randomly paint them upside down, sideways, right side up (not that you would know) in a room no lights. We give you a candle and some paper and you are to copy all of them The room is divided so there is barely standing room with the heat full on very hot. Then you and a group of friends (both of them) are tasked with checking by candle light how close to the original your replica drawings actually were, Maybe insist they sign and "certify they are correct as far as circumstances permit"! Do you think you might make some mistakes.? Do you think your friends) will miss any mistakes on checking? Don't be bashful or shy. with your answer.... it will be funnier that way.
  14. My people are all gone. El Salvador. I do have an identity but I don't feel successful enough to be American and also so far away to not be an immigrant, but I help people in different languages... even though the one I come from's language is dead.
  15. Just an observation but it seems your interest here has more to do with poking fun at people who do believe in the paranormal.
  16. Duke Wellington

Stopping Illegal immigrants

Looks like mere nick picking to me.
  17. …more like he’s in an empty theatre yelling fire
  18. Problem is, this things are only in the experiencer mind, my rip buddy late 80s had a girl dump him so he eats LSD calls me Sunday early saying the sidewalk is gonna eat him I babysat him all day I heard all his wild delusions that where very real to him not reality. I see due to total lack of supporting evidence paranormal to exist only in the mind of the experiencer. I think my point gets lost, I don't know what percent of a polled group believe in paranormal and let's face it the % doesn't matter belief doesn't make it true, it doesn't matter what claims true believers make if no proof is offered it's no different than tales of the easter bunny and doesn't mean anything more. Football is boring to me too never watched a game, but it is real and like all humans I do feel things like the sense of presence or I'm being watched but I subscribe that to how the human brain work not unproven ideas that entities are here with us. I was talking to Tina the other day about this house doesn't scare me. While she doesn't believe in paranormal she's open to it being something but would have to see it, sometimes she's here alone and she's for lack of a better term scared to go upstairs, she actually avoid our old bedroom says it feels odd to her. Yet I want to move back into it I found it a comfortable room, Blah blah blah babble babble, no, if paranormal is only something a few experience and all they have are story it's of no interest to me, lol, yet I'm here.
  19. I feel ya. I’m in and out myself. Often taking long breaks. Perhaps argument was the wrong word. I wouldn’t call any of those the function of a free and separate will. They are more like built in programs. A dream, and a hallucination are two very different things though. Honestly I’m uncertain. Seems to me if the brain is in the comfort game it often does a very poor job. Then there is the dilemma of the common characters that often appear, that have always appeared through history, over every culture. Again that often bring the exact opposite of comfort. Accept it very much does. By your own standards. Because despite popular belief, none of this has been proven. Read the literature. You often see phrases like “ it’s most likely due to”. In other words they don’t know either. Of course you don’t care what I think. Why would you? It’s all good far as I’m concerned. I don’t know anything about the existence of ghosts. You have a good one as well bats. Good to see ya back.
  20. Jon Ellison

Anyways, so far we have the "fraud theory" and the "synchronous, multiple mistake theory". I guess it's up to each individual to draw their own conclusion.
  21. Peter Cox

you whole reply " Scott, it seems like the only alternative explanation so far is that a bunch of folks made exactly the same mistake on a bunch of drawings at about the same time.. It can only be mass hallucination. Hallucinogenic substance abuse by the 19th century British aristocracy. Possibly? Or inbreeding, It might be inbreeding? "
  22. When you're in a crowded theater yelling "FIRE!"
  23. Jon Ellison

What's provocative?
  24. I am very much aware that it is very IMPORTANT to you. That is what makes it so funny and entertaining. "Ignore" ? Why do that? For the last month you have been busy trying to convince GHMB that the full or near complete Nelson's cartouche was covered in plaster deliberately.. So, I wouldn't want to miss the next hilarious brain fart. Now the 'Dynamic Duo'* is back in business together, and you can hold each others... errm... hands, you are bound to come up with lots more brand new exotic BS.! But I get it. You mean please SHUT UP and p*** off....? The new ideas are already starting to flow, so I might try to give you guys some serious working 'dreamin' up ' room.
  25. Jon Ellison

It could have been a coordinated, synchronous mistake accidentally brought about by a well planned and identical multiple mistake. That's not gonna work is it..? I'll try to think of something else.
  26. Glad you finally caught up. Welcome.
  1. Load more activity