Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No one is accusing MTG of being a conspiracy theorist because of this claim. She was labelled a conspiracy theorists a long time ago thanks to her Jewish space lasers remarks. Cart before the horse here. Conspiracy Theorists do not just innocently ask questions. That would imply they are trying to learn something. When a conspiracy theorist is trying to look innocent, it is because they are implying there is a hidden conspiracy. Look, how long is it going to take the usual loonies to try and tie this in to their favorite political boogieman? This is all PR for these people; they don't actually care about what happened, just about what they can do to get attention from it. Somebody time it and see how long it takes for them to attach Biden's name to it, and claim it is because of his abortion bill, healthcare bill, or border bill.
  3. The laugh emojis tell me your p***ing in the wind... But the whole point is irrelevant anyway. There is no account of a preacher named Jesus Ben Joseph being arrested by the Romans and crucified for that time period. Only a Jesus Ben Ananias being arrested by the Romans and killed with a rock.
  4. The Bible contains some surprising insights about the natural world. What’s interesting is that many of these insights seem to match up with things scientists only discovered much later. From how water behaves to the size of the universe, the Bible mentions these concepts in ways that make you wonder how people knew about them back then. In this list, we’ll explore 19 instances where the Bible appears to have known things before scientists did. 19 Facts and Principles The Bible Knew Before Science Did (msn.com)
  5. On-orbit servicing mission planned for military satellite in 2025 A robotic servicing vehicle will rendezvous with a military satellite and attach an imaging payload Related story:
  6. Vladimir Putin has said that Russian forces will destroy any F-16s delivered to Ukraine from its NATO allies "wherever they are," while at the same time insisting that Moscow had no intention of attacking any country in the alliance. "We will destroy their planes in the same way that we destroy their tanks, armored vehicles, and other equipment, including multiple launch rocket systems," he said, according to a transcript on the Kremlin website. "The F-16s are also carriers of nuclear weapons, and we will also have to take this into account when organizing combat work," but he insisted that the aircraft delivery "will not change anything on the battlefield." Putin Issues F-16 Warning (msn.com) Putin Issues F-16 Warning (msn.com)
  7. You have ten major energy users in Oklahoma who use majority wind power? Can you drop some names so I can read up them?
  8. When a minority has to have the government use duress, the result is NOT "equality". In fact, it creates hard feelings and a tendency to resist treating that group fairly. That is the reality of human nature.
  9. China adds new moon base project partners, but struggles to attract national-level participation Related story:
  10. Videos and stories just like your friend's are why I believe this is something real and unknown to science, Well, I gave my leading theory that I think these creatures are real but not 'normal' animals. I think they shift in and out of our normal three-dimensional physical world. It is scientifically something new but I wouldn't call it scientifically impossible.
  11. trevor borocz johnson

avoiding negative thoughts with laziness to correct them

My favorite psychology textbook lesson was to do these social cost situations, for example one of them was to go to a bar ask for a tap water use the bathroom and leave. I use to bar hop doing that. It was fun. another one had you rent a hotel room and return it right away, another one was to ask for a playgirl, look at it and say nevermind. They were crazy to try out. Whats your favorite psychology textbook lesson?
  12. "it's a big club and you aren't in it" -George Carlin https://apnews.com/article/democrats-election-2024-fundraiser-new-york-ebfbc81d3b70f38745ae00c7ce6a382d NEW YORK (AP) — A fundraiser for President Joe Biden on Thursday in New York City that also stars Barack Obama and Bill Clinton is raising a whopping $25 million, setting a record for the biggest haul for a political event, his campaign said. The hourslong fundraiser has different tiers of access depending on donors’ generosity. The centerpiece is an onstage conversation with the three presidents, moderated by late-night talk show host Stephen Colbert. There’s also a lineup of musical performers — Queen Latifah, Lizzo, Ben Platt, Cynthia Erivo and Lea Michele — that will be hosted by actress Mindy Kaling. Thousands are expected, and tickets are as low as $225. More money gets donors more intimate time with the presidents. A photo with all three is $100,000. A donation of $250,000 earns donors access to one reception, and $500,000 gets them into an even more exclusive gathering.
  13. Grim Reaper 6

Rogue's Gallery III

That's ok I take no offense, it was taken by a Professional Photographer in a studio. Like I said before, unlike other places in the world when you renew identification you must bring your own photograph. However, it's certainly not AI generated.
  14. Abramelin

Rogue's Gallery III

You know, to me this photo of yours looks... AI generated. And honestly I don't know why I think it is. It's not meant to pi$$ you off, it's just my first impression of your photo.
  15. Seeing as we haven't gotten the hang of reconnecting nerves I cannot see how anyone would even consider the idea.
  16. A grain of dust recovered from an ancient meteorite that plonked itself down in Antarctica appears to be from a rather unusual place in space and time. It's a tiny speck of a mineral called olivine, and its isotope composition is so alien that it could only have been produced by another star, dying before the Solar System was even born. Known as presolar grains, the rare motes are highly prized for what they can tell us about different stellar environments in the galaxy and the worlds that may form therein. Stardust Found in an Ancient Meteorite Was Left by a New Kind of Supernova : ScienceAlert Atomic-scale Element and Isotopic Investigation of 25Mg-rich Stardust from an H-burning Supernova: Atomic-scale Element and Isotopic Investigation of 25Mg-rich Stardust from an H-burning Supernova - IOPscience
  17. I have a friend who has a doctoral degree in forestry, the scientific advisor for his thesis worked for some years in the forest management and aerial photography parties, and insisted that once he had seen a yeti-like create at a very close distance, literally looked into the creature's eyes. He described that its stare was "of an absolutely intelligent creature". That happened in the end of 1980's in the Ural mountains (Sverdlovsk Oblast). He said he knows that scientifically this is impossible but still the event had happened to him for real. And not only him but a few of the other forest rangers he knew in his career shared similar stories. So go figure. Judging from how they all described such events, may be it's a result of some kind of unintentional trance state, sort of a daydream which just moments later already perceived as a true memory? But why about some sort of a hairy humanoid? Is it the evolutionary memory about the look of our ancestors? Or other now extinct rival species of Homo?
  18. Thanks Piney, I appreciate you taking the time to answer and help me learn. 💖 @Will Due imagine how much you can learn if you were open to it instead of jealously lashing out by mocking. Envy is better Will because it will motivate you to want to be smart like piney
  19. You seem to know him better than anyone else here because you are orbiting around the world of skeptoids. The Wikipedia site says nothing about his education by the way. You may want to relate the rest of the story to the audience but I think I have mentioned many times. They clearly don't represent science and like I said these people may or may not have any credentials. Even in the Amazon page you linked it doesn't say anything other than he studied computer science.
  20. Yes, it is a tool from CBT: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Tracking negative thoughts can be done by recording them in a journal or on a digital device as they occur. Here's an example of how you can track a negative thought: Negative Thought: "I'm such a failure. I can never seem to get anything right." Time/Date: 03/25/2024 10:00 AM Situation: Received feedback on a post on UM that wasn't as positive as expected. Emotional Response: Frustration, disappointment, and self-criticism. After tracking this negative thought, you can then work on challenging it by asking yourself questions like, "Is this thought based on facts? What evidence supports or contradicts this? Are there other perspectives I could consider?" This process can help you replace negative thoughts with more balanced and realistic ones.
  21. ReadTheGreatControversyEGW

Bibical Narrative & 4 Ancient Rulers

Do you find it difficult to be a theist? What would be "easier for you" if you weren't? It is not difficult for me to believe in God, no. It's very easy, like taking a breath of fresh air. I look around and I see the hand of God everywhere. I know His voice. The internal battle we're continually fighting (between good and evil/right and wrong) isn't all of natural causes. A conflicted nature. Know what I mean? ..You didn't include the remainder of my quote where I said if you search for God wholeheartedly you'll find out for yourself that He's real. Any serious relationship takes work and investment of time and resources. Commitment. God is so incredibly fascinating! From the things I've read, heard and seen of His in the world to most of all, my own personal experiences... A thought - imagine you're an unmarried prince, very rich and handsome. You could have any woman you want to wife but you're searching for a special kind. A woman of integrity and of a good heart. One who's not merely drawn to you because of your money, status and good looks. How would you go about it? You're selecting a wife from among the ordinary women in your kingdom (no princesses around). Because they know you're a prince, if you approached one of them she probably wouldn't act like herself - being starstruck and all. You might not be able to have the right kind of interactions either. At some point, it may be necessary or wise to wear a disguise. Walk with her as were, through a veil until it's clear she's the one and she's ready. That she truly loves you for who you are as a person (your mind, character and personality), not for what you have or can give. “Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.” Rev 19:7.
  22. That's nice. Equating religious art and comic book art is a promising comedic premise. Thanks for the tip.
  23. The US voted for the ceasefire and then declared that the resolution was non-binding. It made no sense at all. Real head scratcher.
  24. They are apologists with letters behind their name. I have a friend and former classmate who is a Harvard Doctor of Divinity with a West Point theological degree but he still hits me with history questions.
  1. Load more activity