Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Nope. Nothing to win or lose.
  3. aztek

President Trump "I am the Chosen One"

there was never a single doubt in my mind that this was ripped out of context and misrepresented by hysterical left.
  4. yes i expect this law be abused, i do not think they will return your weapons, especially in timely way, i know for a fact if nypd takes yoru gun, you will spend more money for a lawyer to get them back than they worth, and even if you do get them back nypd makes sure they will never fire again, my fathers friend was moving and was dumb enough to let nypd keep his guns for safekeeping, it took him over a year to get them back, and when he did, they were basically destroyed
  5. I will suppose then that you do understand the importance of actual physical evidence of early migrations and interactions in form of DNA from the findings in Hermanov vinograd. I will also suppose you can agree that it's not particularly strange or stupid to show interest in the actual reasons, yet unknown, why different cultures around the world were so determined to keep deforming skulls of their children.
  6. Ok, wow!.... Let me ask you this, is there a paranormal claim that you dont believe in? A claim that sounds too weird, a claim that you absolutely want to see better evidence for before believing in? There is a saying that goes something like this "Having an open mind is like having an open window, without a good screen you get all sorts of weird bugs". This is where science and its method comes in.
  7. Sir Smoke aLot

Iran has seized a British oil tanker

It seems that you are correct, if this is authentic that some unnamed US officials confirmed that Israel was behind the attacks, after days of speculations. Reported by New York Times, LINK. Story was further promoted on many news agencies but it is not for certain just jet i believe. Another media stunt? This kinda undermines US work and interests in Iraq. It is alarming since Iraqi officials vowed to reply with harsh measures if Israel was behind the attacks. By harsh measures it could imply removal of US troops and presence in Iraq, turn from which Iran directly profits and it surely endangers certain US interests in Iraq, especially things related to certain parts of transitional constitution of Iraq, related to economy. I do not believe in ''where there is smoke there is fire'' kind of reasoning because such logic can be abused to great extent but it seems that speculations are not far from truth. If Israel was indeed behind these attacks it was suicidal move when their interests are concerned. Quite entertaining, if nothing else.
  8. acidhead

Context: " THE PRESIDENT: So, the fake news, of which many of you are members, is trying to convince the public to have a recession. “Let’s have a recession.” The United States is doing phenomenally well. But one thing I have to do is economically take on China because China has been ripping us off for many years. President Clinton, President Bush, and President Obama, and others should have done this long before me. My life would be much easier — although I enjoy doing it — but my life would be much easier if I just said, “Let China continue to rip off the United States.” All right? It would be much easier, but I can’t do that. We are winning against China. They’ve lost two and a half million jobs in a very short period of time. They want to make a deal. It’s got to be a deal that’s good for the United States, where they want to make a deal — probably, we will make a deal. But if I didn’t do that — and I’m not doing this — somebody said it’s Trump’s trade war. This isn’t my trade war. This is a trade war that should have taken place a long time ago by a lot of other Presidents. Over the last five or six years, China has made $500 billion. $500 billion. Ripped it out of the United States. And not only that — if you take a look, intellectual property theft. Add that to it. And add a lot of other things to it. So somebody — Q (Inaudible.) THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me. Somebody had to do it. I am the chosen one. Somebody had to do it. So I’m taking on China. I’m taking on China on trade. And you know what? We’re winning. Because we’re the piggybank. We’re the one that all these countries — including the European Union — wants to rob and takes advantage of. European Union — $200 billion. China — more than $500 billion. Sorry. Q So it sounds like a recession is worth it — THE PRESIDENT: I was put here — Q — is that what you’re saying? THE PRESIDENT: I was put here by people — I was put here by people to do a great job. And that’s what I’m doing. And nobody has done a job like I’ve done. Now, would China rather wait for a little more than a year and try and get Sleepy Joe Biden to negotiate with, instead of President Trump? Maybe. But I don’t think so. You know why? They’re losing too many jobs too fast. They had the worst year in 27 years, but I think it was actually 52 or 54 years. It’s the worst year they’ve had in a half a century. And that’s because of me. And I’m not proud of that. But you know what? They want to negotiate. And Sleepy Joe doesn’t have a clue. Sleepy Joe said, “Oh, China is wonderful.” Well, China is wonderful for China. But I’m wonderful for the U.S.A." https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-marine-one-departure-60/ It was actually quite funny. Trump looked up to the Sun @16.28 when he said, "I am the chosen one".
  9. Wes83

Defining God/s.

Is existence and our experiences of that existence not enough to give you reason to be awe inspired in a divine way? Inseparable from the divinity itself, yet we seldom realize it.
  10. Earl.Of.Trumps

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

@Farmer77, my god, can you keep it under 10,000 words? yikes. I only have so much time for internet.
  11. Yet this woman almost certainly was venting her anger in an immature way and once her situation was investigated, it would become obvious that she was just an angry, frustrated person that needed to calm down. I'll be interested to see what enforcement looks like with these Red Flag statutes that are coming. The tendency will be for law enforcement to err ALWAYS on the side of maximum constraint against a suspect so that they cannot be vilified later should they release someone who turned out to be a real threat. What about their property? Do their legally purchased weapons get returned to them in a timely way? Ever? If they live with someone else does that person also lose their weapons? This has the potential for some serious government overreach and dilution of our rights, all in the quest to keep us safe. I'd rather live in a nation where there was less hysteria over being protected from risk and more demands that our liberty be protected. We are where we are because of moral degradation and lawlessness. Taking scary looking semi-auto rifles will change that not at all. If saving lives is the real goal, they need to confiscate all the hammers and kitchen knives: https://checkyourfact.com/2018/03/29/fact-check-hammers-fists-rifles/
  12. I hate to post this, (ummm, not really). And Greta again... A few truths in this video, DeCaprio dripping with Climate Models, (no not those ones) on his yaught, to give his inflated ego a daily massage. Greta taking a year off from school and ending up rich, and if you read the YT comments, what the Germans think of Greta, (l won't say it here).
  13. The fact of the matter is that the ship was huge. As far back as 60 years in Soviet books on astronomy, they pointed out interesting flashes on the Moon that must be kilometers in size to be seen from Earth. Given that the Moon is always facing us on one side, they can move freely on the dark side.
  14. Earl.Of.Trumps

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

True that, hammer. I just can't believe that people were so willing to elect that life long criminal that was caught doing two despicable things in her run for the office - cheating against Bernie for the party nomination, and having the illegal server in her home. And exacerbating all that, Hilary would be dragging her serial rapist husband back into the white house with her. And she still damn near WON! What's wrong with the Clinton supporters in this country. They want more young white house aids diddled in the oval office again?
  15. Desertrat56

What's causing the mass shootings in the USA

Just as an example of how this can go horribly wrong, a unit I was in in the army had a sergeant who did not want women in the army and took upon himself to get as many of them out as possible. He also took it upon himself to identify gay men and get them out, even it in involved lying. And once a man who was not gay, stupid drunk, though he was, got in a bar fight with a german in a german bar and the guy who he fought with went to the C.O. two days later and told a story that he was worried about this guy as they had been lovers for months and now the guy would have nothing to do with him. It was a lie and it worked. The sergeant zealously did an "investigation" and discounted the fact that the soldier had not met the guy he fought with before the night of the fight and got him kicked out of the army. This kind of thing happens in civilian life as well and if authorities become overzealous in their "protection" of the public, many people will be thrown under the bus with no recourse.
  16. I do believe that as more and more professionals come forward and talk about their NDEs that it will become harder to discount them. In a physicalist, universe these kinds of experiences would be impossible. However, I do understand that "Confirmation Bias" However, I do understand that "Confirmation Bias" can be an issue with any conversation that deals with seeking the truth, I suffer from it. Jeffery Long has actually stated that the NDE proves the existence of God and the afterlife. Here is a site for his book, a good read. Not sure I agree with him, but I do believe that these experiences have always been with mankind, and that is the reason that belief in God and the afterlife has developed.
  17. You think again within the framework of human knowledge. God combines where man sees opposites. One must learn to contain opposites. God is not this or that it is the Other that generates all kinds of life forms, therefore it must be higher than the Immutable and Movable, although it remains the same Absolute as it always is.
  18. The Scythians and Sarmatians were bouncing back and forth between Poland and China since the Pre-Roman Iron Age and the Silk Roads were wide open until the disfunctional Children of Abraham took power. The Chinese Annuals talk about a interaction with Romans, Greeks and Persians. People moved around more Pre-Dark Ages when it became unsafe.
  19. Earl.Of.Trumps

Obama judge :WI to pay for reassignment surg

There in lies the rub. Your condition was not seen as "medically necessary" but a guy who is unhappy with his own penis finds it "medically necessary" to remove it...? I don't think this man got ridiculed because he had a lump bulging from his crotch, that's normal. No, Only a liberal judge would interpret the two situations that way. I remember the embarrassment and ridicule I went through when my hernia popped out of my navel like a big fat thumb. Gad. So glad to get that fixed. So anyway, I think the thrust to all of this is - who is determining medical necessity, and the answer is, as the thread suggested, an Obama Judge, say no more, IMO
  20. aztek

and i said they were not? funny, i do not remember saying that or even implying, can you point where I said that? and you do not see how you doing exactly the same thing?
  21. Will it? Look at the past 3 years and the media circus around Russian conspiracy. I don't mean to derail and I'll leave it at that but this is another manifestation of the corrosive nature of our politics. We are losing our respect, nationally and culturally, for abiding voluntarily with the law. That said, I would have no problem with a legal mechanism for family members or friends to use to report someone who is behaving erratically and who has access to firearms. It raises an interesting issue though. If citizen A is reported to be a danger and law enforcement take him/her in for questioning, does that mean the government seize every weapon in the home they reside in? What if, as in the case of the evil piece of work in Newtown, CT, none of the guns were his? Can the government seize the property of someone who has not shown themselves to be behaving as a danger to the public? If the answer to that is yes then our 4th Amendment freedoms go away like thistle down on a breeze. Rights that are voluntarily surrendered don't ever get returned. We are going to have political pressure to "do SOMETHING" because people use scary looking long semi-auto guns to express their rage in a public spectacle. The truth is that rifles are used to murder fewer people than hammers or knives. This is fact, not hyperbole. I would much rather live in a nation where people are held accountable for their own actions than one where a faceless government functionary tells me how to live "for my own good" and for the "safety of the children". This is about RIGHTS. We are fast approaching a time when Americans are going to have to decide where they stand on freedom and what price it is worth to them.
  22. OverSword

Well. This is pretty much nothing, or at least nothing new. He is the chosen one. He was chosen through the electoral college. He never said he is the anointed of God or anything.
  23. Kenemet

When God talks back

Thank you for a delightful, insightful, and educated response. Ah, Internet Rabbit Hole, here I come!
  24. Earl.Of.Trumps

Who will the Democratic nominee be?

First, consider that African Americans have a much higher rate of incarceration than Africans, so we can rule out "genetics". So what is it that makes African Americans so volatile, eg "Angry Black man"? It's my opinion that the treatment that Afros have received in their lives in America, being treated as inferiors, is chiefly responsible for their attitude. Which all means that racism has caused Blacks to end up in confrontations with police more than their per capita share. Just an opinion. Also have to add this, if Democrats think that their "people" are not the cause of racism in America, they should rethink their thinking. The people that cause more societal anger with silly, base racist slurs thrown at Afros are poor to middle class people, aka, predominantly dems. The Dem leaders can say what they want as they point their finger at anyone but their people, but they should always recall that is was the Dems that invented the KKK, and the Dems owned *all* slaves in America just prior to the Civil War. The Dem leaders, I think, are only trying to protect their base when they blame racism on Repubs.
  25. Compiling many stories is not the same as collecting evidence. At best it might lead to finding evidence. Information does not have to be true. Information can be a collection of knowledge about things that are not real such as video game information or Middle Earth information. Story tellers can tell you anything. They can tell you how fast something travels even if that thing is not real. Take Spiderman as an example. He is not real yet you can see him travel faster than gravity allows in every movie. My rough guess is that Spiderman is traveling at supersonic speeds at times. In free fall you fall 16 feet in the first second. It should take 3 seconds to fall 14 floors. Swinging takes longer to drop. Yet, Spiderman manages to travel 20 floors per second swinging and a city block in a second or so. This is information about an imaginary character. It isn't real. He isn't real and his physics defying travel are not real. You claim that an object which cannot be detected "was measured on the Moon". How was it observed? Earth based telescopes could not resolve an object that small. http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/about-us/45-our-solar-system/the-moon/the-moon-landings/122-are-there-telescopes-that-can-see-the-flag-and-lunar-rover-on-the-moon-beginner Your story about measuring something seen traveling across the Moon is a hoax. It did not happen. I just provided the evidence showing that the story is a false story.
  26. Only if it's information about opinions. We already had that. So opinions about opinions have been discussed and we're discussing information instead. In a discussion of fact, opinion unsupported by fact functions as noise instead of signal.
  1. Load more activity