Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There is quite a bit of networking going on down there with movers and shakers. I wouldn't necessarily say there is anything wrong with the trip.
  3. Quick people, freak out, everything is collapsing, everything is failing, run for the hills, its the end of the world for Britain, we`re all doomed!!! Get a grip of yourself @pellinore and why are you obsessed with this when we left 4 years ago.
  4. I have two of John Entwhistle's chairs in my back garden That's the closest I've ever got to seeing the Who.
  5. Ever hear someone speak Fortran? It has some 35 words and there's nothing you can say in it. Modern computer languages will leave you even more tongue tied because there are only eight words. How is it possible Egyptologists never noticed such discrepancies? It was simply because they projected themselves and their beliefs into the "incantation" they believed constituted the PT. The meaning of "osiris N" is quite apparent if projection is removed and terms are solved in context. Forget Champollion and all of his work because even though it was adequate to translate later Egyptian it failed with the Pyramid Texts. There is nothing at all in the PT even vaguely like what Egyptologists believe. It has a wholly different meaning that is logical and consistent where every single statement is literal and agrees with the "laws of nature" as they understood them. Each is a mere ritual and they had no beliefs and therefore no incantation.
  6. Trelane

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

Different copies done by different people, not mysterious at all really. It is reasonable to expect that people make mistakes all the time when they copy someone else's stuff. Because it does happen.
  7. I love/loved The Who. Those four were a unique musical phenomena … I think The Who died with Keith Moon. Who? Keith Moon.
  8. NASA’s TESS Returns to Science Operations
  9. lightly

Trump to announce 2024 run

The only change I’ve noticed ,so far, is my insurance getting tighter fisted about prescriptions… one, a switch to a generic for one costly medication. From your link: Under the Biden administration's latest adjustments, Medicare Advantage plans will see a slight base payment cut of 0.16 percent next year, igniting concerns over potential reductions in supplemental benefits for seniors.The changes introduced by the Biden administration are designed to ensure a more prudent allocation of taxpayer funds. ~~~~~~~~~~~ Despite the base payment reduction, Medicare Advantage plans are projected to receive a net payment increase of 3.7 percent, equivalent to $16 billion, once risk adjustments are applied. The broader context of the changes includes rising health care costs, influenced by increased demand for medical services as the population ages and the aftermath of the pandemic's deferred care. According to the CMS, the adjustments are aimed at enhancing health equity, providing more person-centered care, and ensuring the program's sustainability.
  10. That's not a reason not to have a discussion about it here, though - I'm sure every topic is covered on more than one website. ( Obviously we would prefer not to be encouraging members to go to another forum to discuss this topic instead of doing so here. )
  11. Still Waters

Word Change

cheese straws
  12. Give that man a cheroot! Young was right Champollion was wrong. Everything derived from Champollion's work is wrong or only partially right. Egyptology as practiced today is nothing except an extension of Champollion. That makes all these people very very wrong. You couldn't get much wronger. When the Pyramid Texts were found they looked exactly like an earlier version of the "book of the dead" so they were interpreted and translated in these terms. This is horrendous methodology. It doesn't matter what something appears to be because appearances are determined by what we believe rather than what exists. The Pyramid Texts are not really an earlier version of the "book of the dead". They sure do look like it but in point of fact the authors of the book of the dead didn't understand even one word in the PT such as "osiris N". The languages aren't even compatible and can't be translated from one to another any more than you can translate the eight words that drive programming into English. Everything is different between all these language except Ancient Language has the same logic and mathematical relationships found in programming languages. Allen has no clue what even one single word in the Pyramid Texts mean. And he has no insight into what it means to be an ancient Egyptian. Morrow probably has plenty of keen insights but, frankly, I've not studied her work.
  13. Antigonos

I was going to to mention the other thread as well.
  14. Windowpane

( #1 ) Anyone interested in this question might (or might not ... ) find it helpful to learn that there is at present a (lengthy) thread on this very subject on another forum. I suppose that debate might best be described as lively, not to say impassioned, incorporating many full and frank exchanges of views ... Unfortunately, Scott himself will probably remain in ignorance of this, as he has informed me that my posts no longer deserve the privilege of being read by him, and that, consequently, I have been placed on his "Ignore" list.
  15. My brother did. Including the concrete ship but he's advanced and owns the good stuff. Not a rental 80 rig.
  16. Yet more proof that your testicles are more enlightened than Sad Guru, Ajay0. It is obvious that Bad Guru doesn't understand the first thing about modern mental health practices, and wants to usher us to a past golden age that never existed. He has already got his greasepaint, big shoes and red nose on, Ajay; you don't want to join him.
  17. No. What is fantastic is the Egyptological belief that words and phrases have no meaning at all except as an expression of the superstition of the authors!!! Everywhere "osiris", "N", "osiris N", and "king" appear in the PT linguists can only see "insert name here"!!! Astounding! How can a language exist that not only breaks Zipf's Law as Ancient Language does but also has only a few hundred words where every word has no meaning?!?!!! How could people communicate with nothing but spells and incantations? In a language with so few words why would they use so many different words to mean the same thing? Egyptologists believe the language was exactly like ours and never noticed the differences. They believe the people thought just like Egyptologists even though their words show a different way of thinking. They believe that being so superstitious the language could break every linguistic law. These are fantastical beliefs. They would never consider that the language that programs the internet uses only eight words and also breaks Zipf's Law, Heep's Law, et al and just like the Pyramid Texts. This is exactly because they believe "osiris N", "N", and "king" all mean exactly the same thing. Meanwhile we say "red apple" to refer to......drum roll, please,... ...an apple that is red. If it were used in Ancient Language it would represent both "redness" and the state of being an "apple". Both apply. It's the same thing with "osiris N". They are saying that this is a different concept from both "N" and "king". The king becomes an osiris when he is transmogrified into the pyramid after being found justified. N is a dead king, osiris is a dead theory that replaced "atum" a living theory, "king" is whomsoever was found justified such that they would read these rituals, and osiris N is the justified king himself as the pyramid. Different words have different meanings. This is especially important when you have a language with fewer words. Fantastical indeed!!!!
  18. Today
  19. Myles

Current Ukrainian counteroffensives

I haven't been in this thread for quite awhile. There were always people saying Ukraine was winning and it was a matter of time due to Russia's lack of resources and manpower. Is that still the case?
  20. Trelane

Atlanteans

Ridiculed? No, not at all really. I stated that if it wasn't drawn by Plato then it was an interpretation of his writings. I clearly stated this in post #254; "Dear God. So, this is a map drawn by Plato? Because if it's not then it's simply someone's interpretation of his story How in the world can you get that where someone penciled in that directly corresponds to the Richat though? That's a nifty jump to conclusions. Hopefully you're not an investigator or detective for your "day job". Who the hell is in charge of this bowl of fruits and nuts?" Check your work before you post, and please stop with the victim nonsense.
  21. If the drugs are made in Britain... Maybe...? 🤔
  22. That’s fascinating local history, can’t believe I never came across it before. I always wanted to go scuba diving there, glad I didn’t. My luck I’d be the one a-hole who accidentally blows himself up. Or I’d reel something in while fishing.
  23. That's an an odd bit of apologetics. Paul wasn't a disciple, and James the Just wasn't, either. There is no controversy that there were and still are Christian apostles (people who are sent somewhere to preach and maybe perform other tasks conducive to the the spread of the movement). The question was whether during his natural life, an identifiable historical Jesus had disciples (even simply assuming that Jesus existed, the question of whether or not he had disciples would still be worth asking). There are some other problems with the article. To name one, even if we assume that Josephus's Antiquities 20.200 refers to James the Just, the passage does not portray him as a martyr (Josephus provides no explanation what charges were made against the defendants at that trial), and in fact it is unclear whether any of the defendants were actually executed. Josephus doesn't bother to say one way or the other. (The story isn't "about them," they are just pawns in the politics of the high priesthood - politics that Josephus and his family actively engaged in). A ROFL line from the article: Way. It would be Luke, not Jesus, being copied. There is some trendy scholarship these days about whether Luke used Josephus as a source (and Luke says outright that he did use sources). Using Josephus would make Luke later than other estimates, but it's a good question. As to the specific incident, though, Josephus is credible that he was a star. It is the sort of thing that could happen (Josephus was definitely in contact with the top Second Temple people throughout his life until he defected to the Romans). And in neither Jesus's nor Josephus's case are we getting the elders' report of the affair. In my experience, teachers have favorite pupils, I doubt that school was that much different back then. That assumes he actually did any magic tricks. What we have is a story about him doing a specific magic trick. And there are other stories about him doing other stage magic performances known to be performed by others in the time and place (e.g. exorcism). If a real person was well-known for his many and varied public performances, it is surprising that we don't hear more about him. If a tar baby merely accumulates others' stories, then there's no mystery about that. Um, we don't know whether it was active before Paul (the first writer who mentions it). John is a generation or two after Paul, so no mystery that John would be thinking about it (although his "Last Supper" doesn't have the bread and wine incident that Paul narrated and the other canonical gospels include). That doesn't seem to have anything to do with Jewish magicians. Apparently some Christian gatherings were private, or some parts of the gatherings were, and there was suspicion about private gatherings of unrelated people in those days. Add to that Christians talking about loving their brothers and sisters, and you get outsiders thinking incest; talking about eating and drinking the Savior and outsiders think cannibalism.
  24. They were storing, testing and dumping munitions during and after WW1 and 2 and there are several ammo bunkers there. Ft. Miles is one.
  25. And who thinks Tesla was talking to aliens.
  26. They fear that the mountain may fall into the ocean. Crazy. https://nypost.com/2024/04/18/world-news/indonesian-volcano-erupts-several-times-officials-fear-it-could-collapse-into-the-sea-as-tsunami-warning-issued/
  1. Load more activity