Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Preceding 1st + Last letters come in New Word

crowdsource -> abscess
  3. If you haven't seen the ads, already, Jack Osborne and Kristina, forgot her last name , that was on paranormal Lockdown with Nick Groff are doing a new show ,called Portals to Hell. It premiers this Friday April26th on The Travel channel. They are going to do an investigation of the old Alaskan Hotel in Skagway or Seward ,Alaska. It is haunted by a man named Charlie, who died in a hot tub in the basement.There are newspaper accounts of this, and there are other spirits there. Also, I saw on the Travel Channel site, or a news site for New Orleans, about the two having been given permission to investigate the LaLurie Mansion. YOu can do a search on the bloody history of the place. It was once owned by Nicholas Cage. He mentioned this on tThe Tonight Show with Jay Leno.However he also mentioned the family would never spend the night in the place. I guess only during the daylight hours. Of course they are going to Eastern State Pennitentiory, Bobbie mackie's place and other well known ones, but lesser known ones as well.
  4. Worldwide Walls

This is a ridiculous reach and shows that you're only interested in defending the hyperbolic and stupid arguments presented by pretty much only the people who are FOR the wall but are only trying to smear people who are against the current administration's approach to justifying the wall.
  5. Word Association from the Last Letter

no-win -> deadlock
  6. Kid has Big Mac Attack cops deliver

Grandma is going to go SO mad? Said by a 5 year old? Bit worrying. When my son was 5 he was not subjected to me or his grandmother going SO mad. Then this "hungry" 5 year old is able to make a deactivated phone to work? Cleaver little kid, but how many times has he been left to do his own thing while grandma is napping? This kid is able to get a phone working, phone police, request a big mac (how use is he to having them?) and when the off duty cop arrives, grandma is still asleep. I believe the off duty cop did not go there just to deliver food, hopefully the real intent was to find out what the blooming heck was really going on.
  7. Doing God's will.

But if free will is real it should be possible to prove it, since we assume that what we assume is real can be "scientifically" proven. Albeit perhaps not now, but sometime in the future it should. We base scientific facts on the basis of reproducibility, repeatability, and most of all, being able to predict future events on that basis of knowledge.
  8. The Screws are tightening on Iran

It will be interesting to see if India, China, and Turkey ignores the US and continues importing.
  9. Knowing someone is dead before being told...

I think I have posted this story before. My dad, when someone in the family would die, would have this dream with a beautiful woman's voice singing. When ever he had this, someone had passed on.The ONLY time he didn't have the dream, was when my mother died. My mom had a stroke and was bed ridden. She apparently had another one in her sleep. And she was paralyzed on one side. Well my dad told us kids, he had a dream with momma in it. And in the dream he saw her walking. He said'Emma, your walking"!! to which she replied,"Yes Fred I'm better". Daddy said that they walked together in a beautiful garden and there were people there. They talked to them, and some of them he recognized.I firmly believe he got to see her well and happy and in heaven. His mother would dream of a room, with a vase of flowers on the table, when someone would die. Grandma's Aunt Louise, who was a psychic, would dream she was back in Riga, in the old country walking down the street. As she walked, she would see this horse drawn hearse coming done the street, it was those old fashion kind with the glass sides. In it would be a coffin. She didn't see any body laying in the coffin, just the closed casket. Apparently her sister, my great grandmother would also have such a dream, but it invovled a choir signing. In our case it ran in the family.
  10. Vlad the Mighty

Pictures: Weymouth sizzles in Easter sun as businesses enjoy bank holiday boost

:)

1. freetoroam

freetoroam

Nothing like a nice peaceful bank holiday monday

?type=responsive-gallery-fullscreen

2. freetoroam

freetoroam

This is why we go there out of season.

Give me rain or wind or a bit of cold weather over crowds and screaming kids anyday.

11. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

Wouldnt it be funny if the Brexit Party gets 17.5 million members.
  12. Chess Finals Results

Saru (White) [Wins] vs Pettytalk (Black) And that's me finished all my games.
  13. Greetings from Northern California!

Welcome to UM Hazel Eyes. We do our best to make everyone feel welcome, as you like to lurk i have been down to the dungeon, sorry, meant basement and found a lurker chair for you. Ok its been used a lot, but hey! It swivels. (Just do not lean forward).
  14. Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

I intend to run for the Presidency of the United States eventually. I personally like Donald Trump, and overall I think he has done a very good job. But he is far from perfect. I would enact rightwing nationalist reforms via executive order, thus over riding congressional opposition to common sense conservative policies. My National Sovereignty Act via Executive Order would shut down all overseas American military bases and redeploy American troops to American territories and dependencies. I would authorize the construction of a massive border wall manned by 250,000 American troops which shall stretch from the Gulf of Mexico to the Pacific Ocean. American troops manning the wall would be authorized to prevent illegal entry by any means necessary, up to and including the use of lethal force. I would also retroactively revoke the American citizenship of all so called "anchor babies" and authorize ICE to round up and deport ALL illegal aliens in this country along with their families. I would also enact a 50 year moratorium on ALL legal immigration to give the legal immigrants here time to assimilate and become Americans in mannerism, mindset, and culture. With this common sense approach, I am confident I would be elected by a landslide. At any rate, I know I will have @Aquila King's vote. LOL!
  15. Knowing someone is dead before being told...

When I was a kid, one saturday morning while my mom was at the grocery store the phone rang and it was my uncle. He asked to talk to my dad so I gave him the phone thinking something was very wrong. My mom came home while he was hanging up the phone and as soon as he started telling my mom that her mother was in a car accident, I knew my grandmother was dead. Maybe it was how sad my dad and my uncle sounded, but I knew before he said it. Years later when I was in the army I woke up from a dream that my mother was philosophizing about death. I called her immediately and asked "Who died." She was taken aback a bit but told me both my great grandmother and her aunt had died in the last two days. I think on some level we are all connected (skeptics don't bother) and we do pick up information that cannot be explained using just physical parameters.
  16. Gorillas pose for selfie with park ranger

It looks suspiciously like people dressed up as gorillas for photos. Not entirely convinced by this. The faces look like masks.
  17. Greetings from Northern California!

Welcom Hazel Eyes!
  18. Climate Change is a Hoax

For someone who has "lost what little spiritual (not religious) nature (he was) given by the Creator," you sure deliver quite a sermon. The thing about science is: it doesn't matter whether you believe it or not. It doesn't change the Truth. I would be careful about articles found in the popular press (like CNN), though. The original article is here: https://academic.oup.com/bioscience/article/67/12/1026/4605229 . As you can see, CNN did more than just a little sensationalizing. That is part of the problem: slanted articles are misrepresentations. Some skepticism is on order. I believe you are mistaking the rantings of the environmental cheerleaders for science. That could lead to some disastrous consequences, the very least of which is wasting time and money on "fixes" that don't work. The problem you're up against is that the actual scientists really do know more than you do. When somebody has spent ten years getting a Ph.D. and thirty years studying in his subject area, there is a good chance that he/she has actually learned something. There aren't many counter-arguments they haven't heard and usually they have learned how to refute them (UM is a great place for learning this.). Some are more tactful at this than others. I'm afraid that tactfulness is not my long suit. Science is a process of looking at the world, of determining truth. It is not a specific set of findings, rather it is how those findings were obtained. In most scientific papers, the lead author has read everything there is to read about the subject. THEN he conducts an experiment, analyses his data and writes a paper that contributes to the advancement of knowledge. That's his job. He advances his career by publishing truth. If he publishes a falsehood, that could end his career. Even if he was entirely innocent, two or three bad papers will be his undoing. For that reason, there is a lot of pressure to find and publish the truth. Reviewers and editors help with that. Most papers are backed by a small army of people who have contributed their knowledge and expertise. For example: I have just submitted the TENTH revision of a paper on tree planting. I have five co-authors and was assisted by four field people and five different organizations. The editor and I have been going back and forth on this for almost a year. That's an awful lot of work for a paper on how to plant a tree. BUT: if we get it right, a lot more trees will survive. I urge you to study the subject, to learn what is true and what isn't. Then make your own decisions. Just throwing the baby out with the bathwater benefits nobody. And you're right about one thing: the earth will be here no matter what we do. Doug
  19. Doing God's will.

Perhaps I should have explained my stance a wee bit clearer. I'm happy (IF) free will is an illusion. I would not know either way if it were or not. Now I would be extremely un-happy if it turned out free will actually is an illusion. But alas there is no real way to determine the validity of free will. So my stance is we have free will a as people should be held accountable for their actions. I'm sure these determinist individuals would not like if one of their family was murdered but a judge decided free will didn't exist and thus threw out the case.
  20. Venezuelan Revolt on the Horizon?

“to remove a malicious and aggressive ideology from the region”? Seriously? To be brutally honest, Islam is a malicious and aggressive ideology. And if there is anything that needs to be removed it is that. Ahmadinejad’s quote still carries the original intent. Just as Naser’s intent when he stated that he would kick the Jew into the sea. The meaning and intent of both is clear. Without Zionism, Israel could never exist. Jews would revert back to Dhimmis status. Genocide, cultural genocide, and ethnic cleansing are all different things. Where genocide can be ethnic cleansing, ethnic cleansing is not genocide. Israel is doing no more than what the Turks were doing to the Palestinians and quite a bit less than the Muslim culture did to Jews. So it’s really a matter of who’s ethnic cleansing one can tolerate? Israel looks to the day that the Palestinian seeks peace, not war but if only war, will push them back into the general Muslim populations. On the other hand, Muslims seek genocide on the Jew. That tells me all I need to know. Palestinian really isn’t a culture. Palestinian was just a label to represent a conglomeration of multiple tribes that came and went in the region (including Jews). It wasn’t until the Mandate that people began to actually settle. It wasn’t a real culture. It didn’t have tenure. The previous culture prevented that. Not all cultures are meant to survive, just like any species on the planet. The Palestinian was never organized as one people. The land owners resisted in selling land to them. The Ottomans practiced their own version of ethnic cleansing on the Palestinian. When the Ottoman’s were replaced by the Brits, all sorts of bogus land deeds surfaced. But very few were legitimate. When the Brits left, the Mufti of Jerusalem ordered the Palestinians out so that the Arab armies would have a clear field of fire to eradicate (genocide) the Jew. As long as the Palestinian continues to espouse hatred at the Jew (Sahih Muslim, Book 41, Number 6985), there will be no two-state solution. And I think it has already gone past that. It is going to be one or the other, not both and Israel has built up a very impressive society in just a short period of time. Primarily because their culture is ancient. The Palestinians have nothing. And as long as a culture is based in hatred, it will never become anything.
  21. Let's talk history

I was just reading this article and thought I would add it as it discusses women's participation in types of professions in ancient Egypt. Some archaeologists rejoice in opening graves that have been sealed for millennia, while others marvel when their lab work reveals the hidden past of a particular person. During routine analysis of a skeletal collection from ancient Mendes, two archaeologists discovered odd tooth wear in an older Egyptian woman that suggested her body had more to tell them about her life. Archaeologists Discover A New Profession In An Ancient Egyptian Woman's Teeth jmccr8
  22. Greetings from Northern California!

Welcome to the Thunder Dome! Bwahaha!
  23. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

How is this a sham? I mean, seriously how can you believe that this is all a sham? That conclusion simply just does not jive with what we know.
  24. Doing God's will.

But to move closer to the thread's OP, Doing God's will, should we not search the scriptures for such will, if we address God as the Biblical God? For instance if we take the OT Proverbs 19:21 we read this. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. That alone tells us that the Lord's will ultimately be accomplished, regardless of whatever we will to do. Purpose equals will, obviously. Then for the NT we have John 10:27-28, which implies the same abut free will, only a firmer affirmation of the lack of free will, or to be fair to the wording, absolutely no free will, as no matter what anyone may tell these faithful sheep they will not listen, not even to their inner voices that may tell them otherwise. But it also leave room for the "not God's sheep" to have free will, because they do not hear that divine voice. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.
  25. Why Is There So Much Mass Violence?

population density
  26. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I second that well done Steve, i'm going to look at what they're doing in my area.
  1. Load more activity