Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lets see them aliens

No aliens there. Go on and end up arrested or shot for nothing. Probably why its not a topic here. Most of us have other stuff to do.
  3. No one chooses what they believe

Its not an error. I deliberately assume people are intelligent and well read. Sure they might not be, but i have to assume the y are, otherwise its not worth debating with them . In this case my knowledge and understanding of the use, purpose, and function of "purpose' extends beyond that of those who see it religious or anti religious terms and those who see it as belonging to any particular discipline of knowledge. i was raised secular humanist and in a very long and good education never really encountered adults who were ignorant or stupid enough to equate purpose in nature with gods (kids have a legitimate excuse for ignorance and it is adults duty to overcome their ignorance) It might well BE something a creationist would say it is also a true statement for an evolutionist and we should not allow one group 9or two opposing groups) of people to dominate or take control of how we use language and "we" DO use purpose inits wider sense all the time At least those of us not fixated on creationism /anti creationism , do so Tha t sort of language was used by professors and tutors in several of my disciplines to explain the nature of natural systems including eco systems. No one can simply say we cant use it because creationists use it That would empower them, while attempting to dis empower them , by allowing an exclusivity of use which does not exist It is like "gay" Tha t has a much wider meaning than homosexual and was, and is, used in that wider sense. if it was corrupted to the point where it could only be used to label a homosexual person, rather than having a good time or being flamboyant, that would be a linguistic tragedy (ie part of the English language would have been killed off. ) To refuse to use "purpose", in the sense of natural or functional purpose is not, and cannot be, a SUPERIOR use. Indeed it is an inferior, and limiting, use of the word, and diminishes your breadth and use of language. It would be like refusing to use "gay" in any way other than describing a homosexual person Would you seriously argue that the following things have, or serve, no purpose solar winds fingers heat and other forms of energy soil trees and other plants gravity?
  4. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

I believe it IS true... although you won't hear ANYTHING about that in the mainstream media. That would be RACIST !
  5. Tommy Robinson released

So is the Prime Minster, Theresa May*, the mastermind behind this plot, or was it entirely concocted by the Home Secretary, Savij Jihad, himself, completely independently without any reference to his supposed superior? * one week remaining! Hurry while stocks last!
  6. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

It takes time to pass a bill. President Trump tried to expedite things using Executive Orders. The left-wing got 'tame' judges to block those EO's judicially. Their decisions are being overturned by the Supreme Court, but the damage - the delay - has been done.
  7. susieice

Could someone please tell me why the Russians care about my 40 yr age enhanced photograph? Am I going to be accused of collusion if I use the app? I'm missing something here.

8. Tommy Robinson released

That's not ENTIRELY accurate, Dumbledore. But... in essence... yes. Lets see what happens, shall we ?
  9. Is anything being said about the death of Robert Maxwell, father of Ghislaine...? from memory... he died in suspicious circumstances on his boat / in the sea.. and if I remember right his body was recovered and he was buried on the Mount of Olives - a very prestigious place to get a burial plot in Israel.. just checked that out and.. source
  10. Mexico border wall: Trump defends emergency

Is it true that this woman married her brother to get into the country or to somehow gain citizenship? Personally, I think there's probably quite a few on both sides to be honest.
  11. Tommy Robinson released

good grief, you're becoming as besotted of "Tommy" as bee is of Trump. Now he's the victim of a conspiracy at the highest levels of government to have him "accidentally" murdered because the Home Secretary is one o' they Mooslims?
  12. Tommy Robinson released

You're now claiming you can speak Arabic? if not what translator are you using? i'm going to have this as my new signature So what you're saying is...I seem your country does,
  13. Pelosi Picks on newly elected women of color

Typical left-wing "virtue signalling"
  14. Scratches Above My Armpit

In my opinion, I'd say you don't have anything to worry about as it looks to be where you might've scratched yourself in your sleep or something to that effect. We often subconsciously AND/OR unconsciously scratch ourselves and don't realise we've done it until we see marks afterwards and think, "How'd that get there?". Even then, we still wouldn't recall scratching ourselves as we wouldn't have been focused on the action in the first place. Sometimes, I wake with scratches on my face and think wow, I must've scratched myself in my sleep. My first thought isn't of something ominous attacking me during the night. Is there a reason you feel it wasn't you that's done this?
  15. How close is Iran towards making Nuclear bomb

Explain to us how many times recently, in particular since January 2017, the secular government of the United States has behaved rationally in any field really, but particularly foreign policy, and your arguments might be listened to by a few more people.
  16. Jeffrey Epstein arrested and accused of sex

You'll pardon me if I wait on evidence? We've already seen Russian collusion dismissed, and hotel emoluments dismissed, and campaign finance Stormy payoff found to be nothing.... So I will wait to see actual evidence, rather then jumping to the "obvious" conclusion. The "obvious" accusations have time after time proven to be false, or at least unevidenced.
  17. talking and laughing with someone at a party does not automatically indicate 'closer ties'.... in fact looking at that footage Epstein looks a bit shifty - perhaps he was at 'work' and going to try to start lining Trump up for a spot of blackmail..... but was unable to snare him...and the best he could achieve in that direction was to get him on his plane once...
  18. Woman claims to be the devil

Yes I was thinking she could've been strung out on meth too (as someone mentioned earlier). I wonder if the guy really did shoot 39 rounds (which I gather are bullets?) because that's a heck of a lot. I'm surprised he missed her. The black eyes could be explained with black contacts, either ones to fill up the entire look of the eye, including the white parts, or simple black contacts to cover the iris/pupil area. Blue hair....well that could be anyone, but it shows she's not afraid to stand out in a crowd with that choice of hair colour Bit of a scary situation to be in though, especially on their first night in their new house. The damage done is quite a lot too, especially along that staircase area pic. Plus the Meth could explain the superhuman strength she came at the guy with. Lot's of crazies in this world!
  19. Today
  20. The primary zoonotic diseases associated with North American bats are rabies, histoplasmosis, salmonellosis, yersiniosis and external parasites. In addition, people cannot get rabies from having contact with bat guano (feces), blood, or urine or from touching a bat on its fur (even though bats should never behandled). However, if you are bitten by a bat, or if saliva from a bat gets into your eyes, nose or mouth, seek medical attention immediately. Bats can carry insects such as mites, fleas and bat bugs. These insects feed on all of the bat species found in Michigan, and are most frequently associated with bats that roost in colonies, such as the Big Brown Bat. I don't want none of this so it's best to get rid of the bat.
  21. Woman claims to be the devil

Man, was that an absolutely terribly written article not clearly explaining about every single important part.
  22. Paranormal TV Shows

"the tech seemed interesting and plausible to be real enough..." um no, my wife a PhD in blah blah uses many of those gadgets the correct way and laughs hard at how they use them on those shows, entertainment i guess until my ADD kicks in before the first break and i flip to reruns of Sanford and son, but proof of paranormal, nope, not yet. pg, hope things went well with your mum.
  23. If Jesus was a god his death wasn't a sacrifi

What is the reply?.... "Skulls for the skull throne" if I remember right.
  24. It's been awhile since I was swooped down on by a bat while I was sleeping but I can imagine they were both pretty scared. Here bats are protected by law so like I said, I called the police, who came with a net and caught it. Then they just take it out to a more rural area and release it.
  25. Absolutely! They've got a bit of info there too, to help out. I guess there's always hope
  26. Lets see them aliens

i dont do fb, i just wont, cant do it. i have no clue who thought hey its a secret facility that has posted signs that deadly force can be used if you act like a jackass, so hey lets all go act like jackasses and storm the joint where bored guards are aching to step on necks and much more....
  27. No one chooses what they believe

I don't see a problem with God creating a natural universe and then imposing rules on those able to understand rules, when they came along. Perfection being in the eye of the beholder. You and I have the perspective of ants when compared to a God that can see the entire world all at the same time.
  1. Load more activity