Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. pixiii

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Is that an insult directed at me for my own opinion?
  3. The opposite is true too, its wrong to dismiss effects simply because its hard to quantitatively investigate them.
  4. From Aeneid VI, in the Underworld Anchises declares to his son Aeneas this discovered truth: " “Know first that heaven and earth and ocean's plain, The moon's bright orb, and stars of Titan birth Are nourished by one Life; one primal Mind, Immingled with the vast and general frame, Fills every part and stirs the mighty whole". http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus%3Atext%3A1999.02.0054%3Abook%3D6 The gist of it is that an intangible force that is not subject to corruption (death) is part of everything in the universe and that it endures whilst the body decays.
  5. DieChecker

Spiritual or science

I'll keep knocking. By the way. In what you quoted below GOD is the one knocking. You are thinking of one of Jesus' parables. I'm not exactly sure where it is though. I do also know that Jesus said, "Judge not, least you also be Judged". Not exactly damnation. Just a warning. Rebuke away. Meanwhile, I'll keep opening the door.
  6. Tiggs

Firstly -- it's not a flight manifest. It's a log of pilot hours, which is why it includes several entries for time spent in a simulator. Secondly -- there's no FAA requirement to list the passengers in that log. There's not even a column for it. The ones that are listed there are noted under "Remarks, Procedures, Maneuvers, Endorsements". Given those notes includes initials, first names and entries like "2 females" -- it's not particularly a definitive list of those, either. Which is absolutely fine, because it doesn't need to be. It's just some notes about the trip, to jog the pilot's memory, if required. See above. Treating that log as anything approaching a definitive passenger manifest is utter insanity.
  7. pixiii

New Zealanders hand over guns in Christchurch

Oh my, I just read that as put a price on cap guns! That brought back memories of when I was a kid and they had those cap guns which had some paper roll in it that had something that exploded or made a noise when the cap gun hit it - sorry I'm not good at explaining this am I..
  8. Habitat

Faith?

Pretty much everything bar you ? This is rank misanthropy.
  9. Until Liberals are in Govt it'll probably be easier to squeeze blood out of apples in relation to anything to do with Climate Change. I'm actually surprised ScoMo is 'offering' A$500 mil.
  10. Rlyeh

Spiritual or science

Are you then?
  11. XenoFish

Faith?

As I've stated before. Religions, governments, societies, are all based on lies and things that don't actually exist.
  12. pixiii

Thank you so much for explaining that @skliss as it's helpful for people who aren't even from the USA to know what the role of the Secret Service is and that, the person they are "protecting" can in fact refuse to have them accompany them at all times. It makes that report that Fox news conducted more convincing. The point being - yes Clinton could definitely have ditched his SS detail in order to get onto the Lolita Express and head wherever it was off to. May I just say, I for one did not know that the President's could dismiss their Secret Service detail at any time. So this is very helpful info, thank you! The other reason I say this is because I know some people don't particularly like Fox News as they're too right or they don't like CNN because they're too left. You've got me curious now skliss in finding where it definitively says this about the Secret Service. Once we have that, it's another piece of a puzzle put in place where we can say, yes it is possible Clinton ditched his Secret Service. Sometimes, I think by supplying info for every little piece of doubt that people have, helps others to understand better. Edit: Adding a link to the Secret Service >>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Secret_Service
  13. Pettytalk

Spiritual or science

It's revealing to me that you, with this post especially, are so full of it.......I mean full of standard religion. You are either fully, religiously hot, or Christ will spit you out, as you are then lukewarm, a standard of the mean between hot and cold. A standard Christian is lukewarm at best, and that is why many will knock and few will enter. Revelation 3: 14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
  14. DieChecker

Faith?

And yet history states things as facts that are only fact because everyone believes them. A lie everyone agrees on becomes a fact after all who know it is a lie are gone, and it is not corrected. If radical scientologist true believers killed everyone else on Earth, their religion would then be factual to all those left.
  15. markdohle

Riding the waves

Riding the waves Emotions rise and fall, fueled by unruly thoughts, like ocean waves, we learn to ride, knowing that it will pass, and calm restored. There are storms and lightning, we may feel like we are drowning, then it calms and we find peace for a time. There is love and friendship, the waves beautiful and they carry us, over the rough eddies that we must traverse, carrying us into deeper love and trust, learning forgiveness and compassion. In the midst of the whirlwind, we can find peace, if we ground ourselves on what is stable, eternal, and loving. To pray can bring us to a place of inner silence, we can observe the waves without being pulled under, for all things pass, and life moves on, nothing lasts forever in this life. We need to get through each day with its worries, not burdening ourselves with the waves that may come on the morrow.—Br.MD
  16. DieChecker

Faith?

I just found this interesting article.
  17. Black Red Devil

Rise in retirement age proposed for UK

You must be mistaking me for someone who falls for wild agendas. I look at facts first.
  18. DieChecker

Spiritual or science

Not to hang up on MW too much, but from what I've gathered, he's a religion of one. He's not a standard Christian by any means, anyway. At least IMHO.
  19. DieChecker

Spiritual or science

I've seen people who could only be described as having OD'ed on religion. They're usually right on the edge, or over, of mental disorder. The key to religious continuity of joy is, as in all things, moderation. I've seen people who got wound up in being a "sinner", hen say to Hell with it, and go full hedonist... it did not end well. Divorse, separation from kids, financial ruin... a couple months of joyous craziness followed by decades of sadness and loss.
  20. skliss

Secret Service protects the body of POTUS. They do not interfere with whatever they are doing unless it compromises their physical safety. Former Presidents can refuse SS protection at anytime, in fact once out of office they can refuse it altogether. I remember a report about the time of that little fire the Clintons had at their NY compound where one of the agents, anonymously, said they had to hussle out the former president and his current mistress whom they code named "Energizer Bunny". They aren't the moral compass for the president, merely physical protection.
  21. XenoFish

Faith?

22. DieChecker

Faith?

Is it lies if you, and all those close to you, believe it is not? Dont we make our own reality to a degree? Sure science says... But science isnt good at pinning down subjective things.
  23. XenoFish

Faith?

So the little lies then.
  24. DieChecker

Faith?

Religious people BELIEVE they have the big answers, and that is comforting to them. I do agree each person is an island... alone. In Church Sunday the topic was, "Your Own Personal Jesus", and how people today are individualizing their religion, and how that was "bad". However, IMHO, humans can't help but individualize their religion. The Bible helps standardize, as does Doctrine, but those can only go so far.
  25. Related news: "It's time to talk about Apophis again, I guess. Please calm down first. "The asteroid is about 1,100 feet (340 meters) wide, was discovered in 2004 and will make a reasonably close flyby of Earth on Friday, April 13, 2029. Apophis will not hit Earth during that flyby; more on that later. Nevertheless, it's large and close and has a snappy name, and the internet loves its asteroids." Full monty at Space dot com: https://www.space.com/elon-musk-asteroid-apophis-and-planetary-defense.html Yep... we love asteroids...... "A huge asteroid will eventually hit the humanity and there will be no way out, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has predicted." At Times NewsNow (India tabloid): https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/article/an-asteroid-will-hit-earth-and-well-have-no-defence-elon-musk/472151 "Huge 'God of Chaos' asteroid to pass near Earth in 2029" At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/science/1110-foot-asteroid-to-pass-near-earth-in-2029
  1. Load more activity