Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They stopped saying it was Penn. And the current portrait is just some guy in antique garb. Do you have a pic of Samuel?
  3. Ceremonial and a short cut to the paranormal, a bad short cut. They'd be better being straight with the ceremony because all drugs do is distort reality and the other realm.
  4. Erm.... the first Crusade was against Christians and Jews in its early stages (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People's_Crusade.) and later ones also were against "heretics."
  5. When Plato talks about Atlantis along with islands allowing travel to the mountains on the opposite side of the ocean which surround the world, to me that his also the Greeks displaying an awareness of the Americas. Not only that, but going both west and east to reach them. So who explored them? Where did knowledge of them come from?
  6. Oh heck, I need to watch this miniseries.
  7. Then your best search is among artifacts dated earlier than 4000 BCE. Not geography. You will need widely distributed artifacts that are from the same source and appear at Athens and other Greek cities as well as in Egypt and the Middle East, being that Atlantis was supposedly an empire that controlled the area.
  8. The so named Mono Lake excursion around 33 ka, or the excursion that is found near Mono Lake? My considered opinion is that there are two separate magnetic events around 33 ka and around 41 ka. The latter is Laschamps. The former was (and still is) known as Mono Lake, but the date of the record there is suspect. I think there are enough radiometric dates to argue for them as separate events. And they're seen in series in continuous marine cores (with "regular" behavior in between).
  9. Nothing in the post to which you linked depends on the Q hypothesis being true. In any case, the Q hypothesis posits a common written source for portions of Matthew and Luke, not Matthew and Mark. As to direct copying, indeed, the leading alternative to the Q hypothesis (an alternative often called the Farrer hypothesis) posits Luke having copied portions of Matthew directly rather than using any intermediate document that Matthew had also used. Regardless, it is general consensus nowadays that both Matthew and Luke copied other material from Mark. In a different post recently I asked another poster for her views on the synoptic problem. I don't recall stating mine in that post. In posing the question, I probably used some phrase like Q sayings, which refers to sayings of Jesus and John the Baptist found in both Matthew and Luke but not found in Mark - that is, a reference to the subject matter of the Q hypothesis and not any claim about the truth or falsehood of the hypothesis.
  10. Lol, that's a lot of scaling down. The city's plans anticipated a population of 9 million (25% of Saudi Arabia's then population of 35.5 million)[4] and were later scaled down to 300,000 people.[5] Originally intended to be 170km, it was scaled down to 2.4km.[6]
  11. Oh dear lord. I know you are Paranoid Android, your speaking (typing) style is fairly distinct. Did your views on censorship change when you changed your name? You used to be a die hard advocate in the belief that "Main stream media is being manipulated to provide a narrative." and always complained about it. Now we have a trial where it was spelled out in step by step detail how Trump used a media outlet for years (if not decades) to manipulate media into providing a narrative and now you are all of a sudden pro-censorship.
  12. I admit to ignorance.. as with most things I only seem to have a simple outline sort of picture. I’m willing to learn more.. basically an Abrahamic religions family feud? A fight for dominance in and possession of the ‘holy land’ ? Is it over yet? Did anybody win?
  13. That's not Dan Quayle and that picture was in Baghdad, not in the White House. Rumsfeld was acting as a special envoy in the Reagan administration in 1983 for this photo op. So yeah, no. US policy was to leverage the Iraqi military to act as buffer with the newly installed Ayatollah in Iran after the Iranian Revolution of '79. Iraq wasn't sitting on anything that we weren't already getting from the Saudis, so yeah no. Do better.
  14. California governor Gavin Newsom even said all the media coverage on Trump's trial is in his favor. Why campaign when you can get free publicity.
  15. Which would answer the question where is our system's super Earths/ mini Neptunes. Theoretically we should have one which Jupiter pushed somewhere. I try to avoid politics myself except to mock a 21st C. Torie now and then.
  16. Hinters have been using a version of this for quite a while now. It's a favorite with bow hunters.
  17. Today
  18. Pictures of Hamas hostages put up across from anti-Israel encampment at Columbia Jewish students at Columbia University have put up pictures of the hostages held by Hamas, across from the anti-Israel encampment that pro-Palestinian demonstrators have set up on campus. Alongside the photos of the hostages are an American flag and a banner calling to “bring them home now. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/pictures-of-hamas-hostages-put-up-across-from-anti-israel-encampment-at-columbia/
  19. And all I'm asking you to do is post a bibliography of experts in the field who have come to the same conclusions as you. Is that so hard? ~ Link (formerly PA)
  20. You would support a news agency reporting that Joe Biden had an illegitimate child, despite a total lack of evidence???? I doubt that! You're trying to bring irrelevant topics into this discussion. I don't even know what you are referring to, whether you are speaking of me specifically, or whether this is a commentary on how media reported the news, or what?
  21. Nope. They just couldn't say it was Penn. It actually looks like Samuel Mickle though.
  22. Matthew copied Mark and those teachings in Matthew came from a non-Jewish source so I vote the Q existed as a book of wisdom sayings.
  23. YouTuber breaks down the facts of the case, for anyone who isn't aware of the full details of what happened:
  24. For the purpose of a discussion on this topic, the difference does not matter. Touche I retract that claim, I was in error. Thanks for helping me elucidate my feelings. It's more correct to say his views are synonymous with crazy people. Even the left wing newspapers are saying that his politics are neutral. His decision to set himself on fire in context of a Trump trial was for the media coverage, not as a statement of support for Trump. I'm not trying to say he's a left winger. To me he is a crazy person with no political affiliation. However, I seem to be responding to people here on UM who seem to be trying to say he's a right winger with right wing beliefs, at least one has taken it a step further and called him a MAGA man ("one of your ilk" he was called in response to and-then's post in another topic). The people on the left are the ones trying to pigeon hole him as a Trumper, I'm simply pointing out that if we had to follow a paper trail the evidence would support the opposite conclusion to the ones they have arrived at.
  25. I'll go 50/50 on the paranormal here. Best natural guess is hole in the floor. But the tank should leak quickly again. Switching to 65/35 in favor or the paranormal.
  26. Yesterday
  27. Duke Wellington

New evidence found for Planet 9

Funny, I got it.
  1. Load more activity