Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. susieice

As we celebrate the unofficial start of the summer season remember. Tomorrow we honor our war dead.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/05/26/us/gallery/memorial-day-weekend-2019/index.html

3. Mankind

That is a rather absolute statement, and I very cautious when presented with an either/or proposition. QUESTION: if all life is sacred, including animals, plants, microbes and viruses, is it a sacrilege to eat, or to eliminate dangerous pathogens? And the use of the term 'sacred', could you explain what you are referring to when using that word?
  4. I understand that. You say that "an unfertilized is nothing, just like a tissue dwelling sperm", they can be compared, so what is it you say can't be compared?
  5. Russia launched a nuclear-powered icebreaker on Saturday, part of an ambitious programme to renew and expand its fleet of the vessels in order to improve its ability to tap the Arctic’s commercial potential. The ship, dubbed the Ural and which was floated out from a dockyard in St Petersburg, is one of a trio that when completed will be the largest and most powerful icebreakers in the world. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/26/russia-launches-new-nuclear-powered-icebreaker-in-bid-to-open-up-arctic Video: https://news.sky.com/video/russia-launches-huge-nuclear-icebreaker-11728744
  6. Good one..But it won't take long for the CT'ers to scream cover up!
  7. Over on the far right, you'll notice Bob Heironimus, who wasn't with them that day...
  8. Mysterious Stone Archway a Time Portal?

i'm not looking for a natural arch, a "doorway" as Quinn describes it is a unnatural 90 degree structure. I also know where it is location. I no longer need directions.
  9. Nyhellenia and vampires, reflected in Bible and Norse sagas Continuing the previous case of VAMPÍRA in Nyhellenia's teachings, here will be shown that the textual context of that episode is known also from Christian Bible and one Norse saga. 1. Similarity of language to Christian Bible. Isaiah 34:14 contains a condemnation of Edom nation whose language parallels to high degree that of OLB's 034-037, including a reference into a vampire-alike character: "But hawks and hedgehogs will possess it; owls and ravens will nest in it. [Nyhellenia's owl] God will stretch out over it a measuring line, and chaos, [Wralda, supreme being] and plumb lines of emptiness, and its nobles. [Nyhellenia speaks to princes, also below] They will name it “No Kingdom There,” and all its princes will come to nothing. Thorns will grow over its palaces, ["living in temples and holes"] nettles and brambles its fortresses. It will become a haunt for jackals, a home for ostriches. And desert creatures will meet with hyenas, ["certain kind of people is wandering the earth ... gnawing in the dark" and goat-demons will call out to each other. [Sacred goats of Norse, Finns (Bock piru) and Hindus, see more here] There also Liliths will settle, [= VAMPÍRA, evil spirit, witch, screech owl; lilītu spirits of Sumer] and find for themselves a resting place. Owls will nest there, lay eggs, [Nyhellenia's owl and eggs, see also below] hatch them, and care for their young under the shadow of their wings; yes indeed, vultures will gather there, each one with its mate.” (source) Thus we can say that Isaiah 34:14 and OLB 034-037 are related texts. The situation is made more complicated by the fact that both may be derivatives of Sumerian texts, just as Wodin's tale can be read from Sumerian Kings List and the peculiar language of Odin's chariots etc echoes that of the Bible (link). This larger contextual background means we can't just directly conclude that Bible →OLB, or that OLB →Bible. As far as we know, it's more like SKL + Sumerian mythos → Bible, OLB, Norse sagas, Finnish legends, Gnosticism etc. In late 3rd century Latin vulgate version the Lilith is called "lamia" (source). In turn from these developed the empusa: "Late Antiquity, the empousai has been described as a category of phantoms or spectres, equated with the lamiai and mormolykeia, thought to seduce and feed on young men. (source). This is contemporary with the Latin vulgate lamia and already has the emp/vamp basic form. Could this Greek empusa have given birth to western vam~ prefix in the vampira? The OLB episode plays out in Greece, after all. The ubara, upir, piru etc. would constitute the eastern branch of Levant, Balkans and Eastern Europe. 2. Similarity of language to Norse sagas and Finnish lore While clearly related into Christian writing above, the piece also directly refers into Norse saga tradition of Bósa Saga ok Herrauðs and key theological elements of Finnish heathenry. Please compare: "When the dignitaries realized they had missed their target, they started accusing her [Nyhellenia] and said she had bewitched the folk. But our folk, and the good Greeks, asserted everywhere that it was slander. Once they came and asked: ‘So if you are not a sorceress, then what is the purpose of the eggs you always have with you? Minerva answered: ‘These eggs are the symbol of Frya's counsels, in which our future, and that of all humankind, lies concealed. Time must hatch them and we must protect them from being damaged.’" (source) "Bosi asked whether she knew, - "how to get to the vulture's egg, which we foster brothers have been sent after, which has gold letters written outside. ... Here in the forest stands a great temple. King Harek owns it, who rules here over Bjarmaland. The god called Jomali ['god', angel Jomiel]. There is much gold and treasure. The king's mother, who is called Kolfrosta, is in charge of the temple. She is made strong by witchcraft so that nothing takes her by surprise. She knows beforehand with her magic that she will not live out this month, and so she traveled in the shape of an animal east to Glaesir Plain and took away Hleidi, the sister of King Godmund, and intends that she shall be one of her priestesses. ... Under this vulture is the egg, which you are sent to get. ... It has been said, that inside the vulture's egg, which they brought from Bjarmaland, was found a little snake, golden in color, and King Herraud gave it to his daughter as a teething gift. ... Herraud vowed solemnly that he would only marry Thora, his daughter, to the man who dared to go into her bower and destroy the snake. But no one dared to do that until Ragnar, son of Sigurd Hring. So Ragnar was afterward called Lodbrokar, or “hairy britches” and he took the name from his clothes, which he had made, when he conquered the snake." (source) In the Norse saga narrative the roles have been flipped; priestesses with eggs are the bad guys to be punished, the egg gift is carelessly given to a toddler and eventually the contents destroyed in a high fantasy tale. We can only guess if the "snake" was a cultural memory of more ancient worship of snakes as wisdom symbols and a fertility symbol (Frya as Freia). For Gnostics, for example: "In Gnosticism, a serpent biting its tail symbolized eternity and the soul of the world. The Gnostic Pistis Sophia (c. 400 AD) describes the ouroboros as a twelve-part dragon surrounding the world with his tail in his mouth." (source) If the Norse and Finns knew of the it (image, image), could Frisians have too? In Finnish lore the world is born out of an egg, both in the Finland-Swedish Bock saga where the description is very geology alike in tone and one in SKVR poetry where the description is higly theological/mystical. Therein main god lies in the primaeval sea of cosmos, with a bird laying an egg on his knee. The egg tumbles down into the water, breaks and of it becomes the planet earth, skies and all who dwell therein (Christian creation story is a truncated variant of this core myth). Of note here is that both Finnish traditions directly connect into Freia (frö 'seed') or a seed-goddess, thus the thematic connection to Frya's eggs in OLB. Thus in light of Norse and Finnish similarities, we can't reduce the OLB account into a mere loan of Bible or 1732 AD story of Arnold Paole the vampire. Dutch forgers of the 1840s would have had access to most of these sources, save perhaps some of the more obscure stuff like the Finnish connection to Freia or Freia-alike goddess. The resulting chapter would be a literary masterpiece, combining Biblical language, Norse sagas, Gnostical allusions and contemporary horror stories. Personally, I still think the SKL proof of antiquity (link) overrides all this.
  10. Mysterious Stone Archway a Time Portal?

Not find it?? I show me finding it in the video... pretty clear actually. Begins at 6:18 timestamp in video
  11. US apparently readying for Iran attack

Dude, please. If you ask for proof of anything in the way Palladin did, you dont believe it.The very notion someone calls for proof when reading the statement 'Bolton is a warmongerer' is rather telling. One must be completely unhinged with reality to ask that question in earnest. Not to mention the talk about Dolphin Badger hybrids, my god. Oh and what 'unproven' statements were those, pray tell.. called out by whom? You cant mean the hammerclaw exchange, surely..
  12. Maybe you should learn to read and speak ancient Greek and learn all the nuances. You would probably feel the same way. Greek leans more towards the Indo-Iranian end of things then it does the Indo-European. Why Americans have destroyed every religion and philosophy they put their hands on is because in their arrogance they never bothered to learn the original language the works they interpret were written in. @jaylemurph and I have both agreed on this and stated this fact for over 10 years here.
  13. Acronym it! (Part 2)

Veal Escalops Now Off Menu LAMBS
  14. US apparently readying for Iran attack

Bolton was even dancing with people whom state department listed as terrorists. His warmongering quality is unquestionable and he might be worlds authority on that, with Elliott Abrams, i have to mention him to because of democratic cruelty and murders
  15. Abortion exceptions

I'm not sure what this is suppose to show me or what you are trying to assert? The U.S has a population of 327 million. After getting rid of the 15-19 we had around 600k abortions. 65 percent of unintended pregnencies ending in abortion makes sense, isn't that the point of abortions ? Someone I know got pregnant while on birth control. You got to be more clear on your point I'm confused ?
  16. Jefferson City Tornado

At least 2 have been killed in last nights El Reno tornado. https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/breaking-damage-reported-in-el-reno-oklahoma-after-possible-tornado/70008366
  17. "The brave cowboy, Roger Patterson, with his trusty Indian guide, Bob with Wig Gimlin, approach their beastly quarry."
  18. Einstein Fooled You All

Just what this forum needs another open minded, good mannered member!
  19. US apparently readying for Iran attack

If you do not want to discuss those points it its fine. Of course that Iran aids them but not as much as they should. With Hamas situation is, well, it's close to impossible to send anything to Gaza, only by few criminals from Israel and Egypt does Hamas manage to buy anything. Man do you hear what you are saying? Gaza is in full blockade from all sides and you say that Iran equips them? Then you say that Hezbollah is terrorist organization? Are you aware that MSM and officials who are pro war never mention Hezbollah, and there is a reason they do not. Nasrallah, leader of Hezbollah, just recently called on Lebanese army (as he did on many occasions before) and said that he will bring Air defense from Iran if Lebanon want's it, they just need to say. Hezbollah is greatly represented in Lebanese government and no one can label whole people as terrorist. That's against most basic human rights and against every law ever written. Hezbollah fights for Lebanese sovereignty and that fact is respected even by some of US closest allies? But everyone who resists Israel is terrorist in narrative, that's not new story. When isis started to rampage in Iraq do you know who was there to help after few days? Iran. So please we all know very well that Saudi Arabia is leading terrorist exporting entity in the world and they are backed and in bed with both US and Israel, officially with Israel too in last few years. With allies like that USA is in no position to preach about Iran. Iranians are wise, everything says that they are not irrational, remember when they freed woman and African Americans from the embassy in 1979? Lesson about morality and justice to western friends. Only after Obama and especially after years with Trump did status quo start to look endangered.
  20. How Iran will defeat Trump and America

Thats a pretty stupid reply, given I have just spend several posts trying to point out either the crazed acts of an extremist subcurrent, or the political acts of any nation (like SA beheading people in regards to Islam or the US waging war after war in regards to Christianity, or the Zionist terrorist acts during the British Mandate and/or later) cannot be projected unto a whole religion.
  21. Preceding 1st + Last letters come in New Word

abbey -> daydreaming
  22. Patterson and Gimlin have claimed Patty was both crouching and standing when they first saw her. They have claimed she stopped and stood still for a time as well after they began filming her. "Stopped dead" is the term Patterson used. Sometimes Roger fell off the horse, sometimes he didn't. One time he was pinned under the horse with a completely flattened stirrup, "with my foot caught in it", another time he wasn't pinned at all, but just slid off the back of the horse as it reared. Additionally, it is widely reported that Patterson carried a bent stirrup and showed it to people as part of his PGF presentation. He clearly claimed that his horse bucked and fell onto him, pinning his leg beneath it. Early interviews even have Patterson talking about pursuing Patty with the camera while dealing with the pain coming from his crushed leg. Yet, Gimlin claimed that Patterson was not crushed by his horse. This is no small and insignificant disagreement. Interestingly, Gimlin doesn't seem to have changed his recollection in spite of Patterson presenting a bent stirrup. It wasn't very long after the widespread presentation and marketing of the PGF that Patterson and DeAtley ditched Gimlin as a "partner". Here Roger's horse didn't go down and Roger had the camera ready in his hand as he stepped off the horse. Green: Did Roger’s horse buck? Gimlin: No, it never did buck, just reared and jumped all around. His horse was in front of me and of course I wasn’t looking straight at him all the time. This all happened in a couple of heart beats you know. It happened fast! Green: But then Roger’s horse didn’t go down? Gimlin: No. It didn’t fall down, just reared up is all. Green: Because this has been said since [inaudible] …you know that Roger’s horse fell down…? Gimlin: No, no his horse never did fall down. No. Green: Okay, that’s interesting. So did he get the camera while he was still on the horse? Gimlin: Yes, while he was stepping down off the horse. Umm, a lot of people have asked me about that and they probably don’t realize the agility that Roger had. He was a tremendous athlete. Roger had tremendous agility! He had been a rodeo rider, he did gymnastics and this wasn’t a full size horse Roger was riding either. It was a pony, a small horse. Green: Yeah, I’ve seen those little horses, he used to haul them in a Volkswagen bus… Gimlin: Yeah, we used to haul two of them in a VW bus. Roger rode these horses because they were easy to get on and off of because Roger wasn’t a very big man. So actually when he was getting off his horse, he always kept that saddle bag ready. The saddle bag had two flaps on it to keep it buckled down. He kept one buckled and one of them unbuckled so he could get his camera in the event he needed it in a hurry and this was the case at that particular time. Green: So he practiced getting the camera out of the saddle bags in a hurry? Gimlin: Oh yeah, lots of times. Yes, he did, that was his theory that if he ever had to get it, ah kept the one buckle on there so it would not bounce out while he was riding and the other one loose so he could get it out in a hurry. (British Columbia The Province October 25th 1967.) In this version we have Patterson's horse falling down again, but Patty is now on his left. From Reader's Digest January 1969. Patterson's horse stopped and snorted, then reared and fell on its side. Moments later, Patterson saw what had startled his mount. "This creature was on my left, about ~ 95 feet across the creek," he recalls. (The original Times-Standard article on the event says that Bob Gimlin's horse also had to be released. So it has both men on foot just after they run across Patty). Gimlin was astride an older horse which is generally trailwise, but it too rared (sic) and had to be released, running off to join their pack horse which had broken free during the initial moments of the sighting. ... All of this information has been available for years. On the original JREF, many posters contributed to the complete and utter bollocking that the PGF got. I've forgotten more than I can remember, tbh, but I still have files with this information in for anyone remotely interested.
  23. Word Association from the Last Letter

refrigerate -> extend
  24. It's entirely possible that Roger did indeed rent a suit from Philip Morris, in fact, I'm pretty certain that I recall that he did, after all, he needed a suit in order to put a Bigfoot in the movie he was making. Once the funding fell through, or more appropriately, once Roger had spent all of the moolah, he changed his direction and intended to fake a sighting. The suit was almost definitely modified. Anyone heard of Jerry Merrit? Anyone aware of that guy's connections?
  1. Load more activity