Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Black Red Devil

Rise in retirement age proposed for UK

You must be mistaking me for someone who falls for wild agendas. I look at facts first.
  3. DieChecker

Spiritual or science

Not to hang up on MW too much, but from what I've gathered, he's a religion of one. He's not a standard Christian by any means, anyway. At least IMHO.
  4. DieChecker

Spiritual or science

I've seen people who could only be described as having OD'ed on religion. They're usually right on the edge, or over, of mental disorder. The key to religious continuity of joy is, as in all things, moderation. I've seen people who got wound up in being a "sinner", hen say to Hell with it, and go full hedonist... it did not end well. Divorse, separation from kids, financial ruin... a couple months of joyous craziness followed by decades of sadness and loss.
  5. skliss

Epstein found Dead in Jail

Secret Service protects the body of POTUS. They do not interfere with whatever they are doing unless it compromises their physical safety. Former Presidents can refuse SS protection at anytime, in fact once out of office they can refuse it altogether. I remember a report about the time of that little fire the Clintons had at their NY compound where one of the agents, anonymously, said they had to hussle out the former president and his current mistress whom they code named "Energizer Bunny". They aren't the moral compass for the president, merely physical protection.
  6. XenoFish

Faith?

7. DieChecker

Faith?

Is it lies if you, and all those close to you, believe it is not? Dont we make our own reality to a degree? Sure science says... But science isnt good at pinning down subjective things.
  8. XenoFish

Faith?

So the little lies then.
  9. DieChecker

Faith?

Religious people BELIEVE they have the big answers, and that is comforting to them. I do agree each person is an island... alone. In Church Sunday the topic was, "Your Own Personal Jesus", and how people today are individualizing their religion, and how that was "bad". However, IMHO, humans can't help but individualize their religion. The Bible helps standardize, as does Doctrine, but those can only go so far.
  10. Related news: "It's time to talk about Apophis again, I guess. Please calm down first. "The asteroid is about 1,100 feet (340 meters) wide, was discovered in 2004 and will make a reasonably close flyby of Earth on Friday, April 13, 2029. Apophis will not hit Earth during that flyby; more on that later. Nevertheless, it's large and close and has a snappy name, and the internet loves its asteroids." Full monty at Space dot com: https://www.space.com/elon-musk-asteroid-apophis-and-planetary-defense.html Yep... we love asteroids...... "A huge asteroid will eventually hit the humanity and there will be no way out, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk has predicted." At Times NewsNow (India tabloid): https://www.timesnownews.com/technology-science/article/an-asteroid-will-hit-earth-and-well-have-no-defence-elon-musk/472151 "Huge 'God of Chaos' asteroid to pass near Earth in 2029" At Fox News: https://www.foxnews.com/science/1110-foot-asteroid-to-pass-near-earth-in-2029
  11. XenoFish

Faith?

That link was a checklist for me.
  12. DieChecker

Faith?

I stand corrected.
  13. DieChecker

Faith?

I am happy for your friend, but what are the odds of finding a healthy relationship out of a bar. I've had bar-friends when I was younger. They wouldnt help me move, or pay my rent, or fix my car. Are Fair-weather-friends really friends? True... one can make good friends at a bar, and I imagine it would depend on the bar. So some of your extended family are religious? Have they gotten, in your opinion, help/aud/support from their religion they might not otherwise have? I am happy you are good with your family. It is not as common as it used to be, IMHO.
  14. XenoFish

Faith?

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/temperament/17-benefits-and-traits-of-a-melancholic-temperament/
  15. Pettytalk

Spiritual or science

"Others" as in all? I happen to disagree with your others on disagreeing with ever seen, as I see and agree with much of what Mr. Walker's views are on life, religion, charity, happiness, etc., etc., Therefore why are you science-minded dogmatic "allist" always invoke the terms "all", and "everybody" when it's not factual? All it takes is one exception to show that it's not all, nor everybody. I'm taking that positional exception in support of the truth. I said much, because I don't agree on his view of best country, as Australia is not the best, as I see it.
  16. XenoFish

Faith?

It is what it is. All of us have been tossed into this world. No one has the big answers, the real meaning behind it all. Could even say that the core of human existence as a conscious creature is an illusion, in some cases a delusion. Our lives are built on and around lies.
  17. XenoFish

Faith?

Some people feel socially isolated due to not 'fitting in'. And yes, we are separate due to the internet.
  18. DieChecker

Faith?

We are all sadly familiar with your sadness X. I do pray for you to recover. Melancholy shouldnt be anyone's default. Except maybe Batman.
  19. DieChecker

Faith?

Come on. That's just eye rolling of an arguement. Almost 200 million people feel lonely and it's just because....? Probably because everyone is staring at a screen rather then real people. ??
  20. XenoFish

Faith?

We are born alone, die alone, and surrounded by other lonely people.
  21. The answer to that is, "WE JUST DONT KNOW".
  22. DieChecker

Faith?

Half of Americans? I'm aware people can be lonely, or depressed, and still have a big family, lots of friends and an active job, but... half?
  23. XenoFish

Faith?

Why not. No one truly know us, they know the person.
  24. There's no point in living if there is an after life. Just think about that.
  25. DieChecker

Faith?

True, and I did say it was similar, not the same. Are you suggesting lots of people have lots of friends and close family and are still lonely? Lots of them? HALF?
  26. Are near death experiences merely illusion? I'd argue many are, but some are not. The stories of the coin and shoe, if true, are strong evidence of weirdness going on. As OnLooker said it could have been set up, so there is doubt. But, are even these two stories real? I've not heard them before.... Science has shown that the brain can keep ticking for some time after cardeo-respatory death. So there could be electrical tricks going on. I'd personally like to believe that seeing such is part of what goes on to make passing on to the eternal to be easier. Our bodies are set to work the way they do and our brain/mind also, so it is likely the NDE serves a purpose. Do people leave their bodies? I cant say... Science would say no, but lots of myth, religions, individual experiences and belief systems would suggest yes.
  1. Load more activity