Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Too bad that distinction was not being made by protesters as well when they were threatening and attacking fellow students who were Jewish.
  3. simplybill

The Name of the Beast

You’re correct, and that’s why I used the words ‘appears to now be playing out’. As Jesus said, “No man knows the hour or the day”. I’ve always found it embarrassing when someone claims to have studied scripture and pinpointed the exact day of Jesus’ return, but judging by what I see happening in the world today, it now appears to me that many of the conditions spoken of in biblical end-times prophecies are gradually falling into place.
  4. He never claimed there was no redeeming NPR or that it had no value. He just said that it had taken a turn and now represented only the viewpoint of a very narrow swath of America and that it needed some reformation in it's methodology to be more inclusive or representative.
  5. What pretense? Is recognizing antisemitism really that difficult? But yeah sure, by all means then, explain how chants like 'death to Jews', 'from the river to the sea', 'resistance by any means necessary', and 'globalize the intifada', are not antisemitic. If you're not clear on what some of these terms mean, here's a crash course. Opposing Israeli government policies or advocating for the rights of Palestinians is not inherently antisemitic. A line is crossed, however, when such views and opinions intersect with antisemitic myths, symbols and chants. Another line is crossed when Jews (individually or collectively) are held responsible for Israel’s policies and actions. Criticism of Israel almost always veers into antisemitic territory, and I have yet to see a pro-Palestinian protest where it didn't. You are aware are you not, that the punishment had nothing to do with a mere expression of opposition? Silly me, of course you are.
  6. Another related article: https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4603426-npr-reels-from-editors-public-rebuke-allegations-of-liberal-bias/
  7. Tears, shouts and interruptions marked residents' comments Wednesday night over a proposal to exterminate geese in Bristol, Conn., parks. As the city's Board of Parks considered a proposal to kill resident geese that are causing excessive waste that is marring Veterans Memorial Park, dozens of residents shared conflicting opinions on how the city should proceed. https://phys.org/news/2024-04-mass-geese-conn-city-outpouring.html
  8. I know exactly what you speak of... Sometimes though prodigies who have no equal,become either lazy or arrogant,buying too much stock into their own hype. Iron sharpens iron anyway...I'd rather have a friend who played like s*** with me playing in a bar,than some prick who'd just run away the moment pool cues started snapping 🤣
  9. Wait, wut? Weren't you on here a few weeks back screaming about the "poor Palestinian chirren"? So now if Rafah is crushed, erryting be ayrie?
  10. For me, it's because of blinded controlled experiments suggesting such an ability as well as the anecdotal sense of being watched in paranormal cases followed up with unexplained phenomena. Also going into this side subject as a believer in ESP from other evidence, I can see why the ability to detect an unseen presence would be highly favored by evolution making this ability more likely. From Sheldrake's Paper: The first kind of experiment involves direct looking, using versions of the Coover procedure. People work in pairs, with a subject and a looker. In a ran domizedseries of trials the subjects sit with their backs to the lookers, who either stare at the back of thesubjects’ necks, or look away andthinkofsomethingelse. A mechanical signal marks the beginning of each trial. The subjects guess quickly, in less than 10 seconds, whether they are being looked at or not. Their guesses are either right or wrong, and are recorded immediately. A test session usually consists of 20 trials, and takes less than 10 minutes. In the second kind ofexperiment, thelooker and subject are in different rooms connected through closed circuit television (CCTV), as discussed in the follow ing section. Direct-looking tests are far easier to perform than CCTV trials, and have now been carried out with many thousands of participants, both adults and children. Many tests have been conducted in schools. This research has been popularized through New Scientist magazine, BBC TV and Discovery Channel TV, and test procedures have been published on these organizations’ web sites, as well as on my own (www.sheldrake.org), enabling numerous people to participate in this research. At least 20 student projects in schools and universities have involved staring experiments; several have won prizes at science fairs. Altogether, there have been tens of thousands of trials (Sheldrake, 2003a). Theresults are remarkably consistent. Typically, about 55%oftheguessesare right, as opposed to 50%expectedbychance.Repeatedovertensofthousandsof trials this result becomes astronomically significant statistically (Table 1).
  11. OpenMindedSceptic

100 MPs to stand down at the next general election

And yet Liebour won't remove Rayner following her property deals. Vote reform.
  12. Piney

Travel Entry 2: Hawaii

Dole Pineapple. 100 percent stolen ground. No offense. My first stepfather was Issei from O'ahu. Born in the very camp nobody wants to talk about that Obama finally recognized. No Gaijin should live there and they should give every inch back. The Mormons should be driven right into the ocean to swim back to Utah. And they should confiscate every inch of what Oprah owns and give it back to Native Hawaiians. And the Honolulu School System makes Camden, New Jersey's look like Eton.
  13. How do you know they actually do? (The answer is not, actually especially not, that Rupert Sheldrake of all people said so...)
  14. Israelis are far too strategic and tactical to care about appearances.
  15. No doubt,I was a bit surprised after doing a little digging around a few years back... That said,the rotten food part may not have been entirely her fault... "That's all these starving kids need, someone like Sally standing there saying,"Are you going to finish that?"...Al Bundy talking Sally Struthers 😆
  16. Today
  17. Do Brits have access to the AP? It was an AP article anyway. It's probably worth investigating things oneself if one's backwards country blocks them from certain Internet content. Pretty hard for someone located in the best country in the world to assess the myriad geographic blocks that might affect others consumption of the Internet. https://apnews.com/article/trump-manhattan-stormy-daniels-michael-cohen-b514cb52bb31a82579cb827c40166173
  18. Just because Birmingham made ****ty swords and zischagges doesn't mean you have to fault him for razing the smithys along with the rest of the area. I think you need to grow up and get over your burnt city, dead friends and relatives. You still have a Dominoes Pizza and in his defense at least he wasn't a Catholic.
  19. I'm just a dumb Brit. Neither opens for me: This content is not available in your country/region.
  20. Well, I'm glad you agree libs aren't scared of the truth. And we could conduct a similar analysis of his other examples. NPR didn't breathlessly cover The Crackhead's laptop? Well, they also didn't cover much about the Russian agent, now in FBI custody, who was allegedly promulgating other false claims (which you slurped up and broadcasted on here). I tend to think being a little cautious is better than running face first into looking stupid. Your mileage may vary. I find stories like this from NPR to be indicative of self reflection. But Uri must have missed them. https://www.npr.org/2022/04/09/1091859822/more-details-emerge-in-federal-investigation-into-hunter-biden
  21. Also this: Responding to injury without revenge, welcomes further suffering
  22. He doesn't owe you an answer, though - we can't force members to respond to someone if they don't want to.
  23. Duke Wellington

Ex-chief executive of the S N P, has been charged by police.

Lock them both up! There is no way one did it without the other knowing.
  24. Abramelin

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

You should tell that to Scott. I answered his question with a most logical answer, and was ignored.
  25. Essentially none of what he typed was true. It seems the attack on Iran only involved three Israeli missiles that hit an Iranian air defense radar site near Isfahan. As Israel was hitting Iran they also bombed targets in Syria, air defense positions and radar, along with reports of a bombing in Iraq, seems in Iraq the target was IRGC leaders meeting up with the leaders of various Iranian militia groups. A lot of missiles were found in Iraq but the overwhelming majority seem to be Iranian anti-air missiles that were fired in an attempt to stop the Israeli attack and didn't hit anything. At least one booster stage that appears to be from an Israeli Blue Sparrow missile was found in Iraq.
  1. Load more activity