Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Given the distances and the difficulty space exploration poses at the moment he is not wrong. But that doesn't mean we can't send people to live in other planets. A realistic scenario is to send scientists and support staff to Mars.
  3. Are we talking about that little ugly creepy guy Michelangelo?
  4. I actually thought this topic would have caught a lil bit more attention... If one thinks about the changes globally in real time,every time a single degree increases in global temperatures... The slowing down of our rotation globally could be catastrophic... Unprecedented is the correct word. There is a reason it is being seriously considered to add a Category 6 to the hurricane scale...some of these in strength and sheer size are becoming... Unprecedented. Anyone here have a better understanding of the potential impacts this could start causing?@Doc Socks Junior,@Charlez,@Piney and anyone else who has a better understanding than I. Slowing down the earths rotation is fairly significant.
  5. Accepting there could be extraterrestrial life somewhere in the universe isn't crazy. Believing a man can get pregnant is crazy. You need not go that far. Take a look at the moons of Jupiter and Saturn. Some of them may support life as we speak. Especially Europa.
  6. Do you mean the authors John R. Donahue and Daniel J. Harrington, The Gospel of Mark published in 2004?
  7. He thinks more science can be achieved through robotic exploration. Edited to add: I don't know why he specifically opposes Martian colonisation.
  8. Whataboutism is not a way of debating but I haven't said anything about believers or people who choose to follow a religion for example. I ve mentioned the world of skeptics or skeptologists or even skeptoids... Science has nothing to do with them or their movement.
  9. I'm multitasking right now. He found a couple of priests who said it. But since we found no actual crucifixion boards nobody really knows.
  10. I dont think there is good evidence for UFOs being seen more over nuke sites, silos, subs, powerplants etc.. than anywhere alse. But it sure sounds cooler.
  11. There are crazier people in the world than those that believe in ET. Such as those that think a man can get pregnant.
  12. Skeptology is a movement. Science is not represented by skeptologists who may not even have basic academic training. The guy in question not only was convicted of fraud but his credentials are hidden from public view which makes you even more suspicious.
  13. I dont see people having a problem with belief... But when you have certain individuals claiming ET visitation a FACT based on nothing more than what we have seen so far, you can expect those scientifically minded people in the audience to react.
  14. ESA and NASA team up to study solar wind Related stories:
  15. @Piney Of course, I want to hear from Piney, but kudos to you finally putting together an actual supported counter.
  16. Science is not a "movement" and neither is logic and reason.
  17. Sherapy

Brothers and sisters

Why? How? You have the quote, maybe you can expand on it. An ex: For me: Thich Nhat Hanh's words, 'Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor,' for me, not only illuminates the impermanent nature of emotions and situations but also adds in the stabilizing viability of mindful breathing. For me, the practice of mindful breathing serves as my anchor or go too in the midst of my caregiving responsibilities, it is centering tool to navigate the ebb and flow of emotions and challenges that I encounter. By utilizing conscious breathing, it nurtures a sense of presence, resilience, and compassion that guides my caregiving duties, it also fosters clarity of mind, emotional steadiness, and the capacity to provide compassionate care with patience and grace not only for my clients but towards my own well being. Note, there is no call for anyone to be mindful, or need for them to be, there is no preaching or insisting that this is the only possible approach, there will be no nastiness or name calling if this doesn’t inspire anyone, it is simply sharing a quote that emphasizes the viability of gentle awareness and acceptance of the present moment without coercion or demands or dogma, or righteousness that aids in self-care, emotional regulation, and resilience without imposing strict expectations or requirements, allowing individuals to navigate life's challenges with compassion and authenticity from any path.
  18. Skeptoid and Skeptic Magazine are in the business of debunking cases no matter how compelling and who the witnesses are. They are not in the business to solve a mystery but to ridicule those that report these sightings. Which makes me wonder why there are groups like that have formed to debunk these cases instead of just let people believe what they want.
  19. That seems to be the argument he is making. 😄
  20. “Death by crucifixion was the result of the manner in which the condemned man hung from the cross and not the traumatic injury caused by nailing. Hanging from the cross resulted in a painful process of asphyxiation, in which the two sets of muscles used for breathing, the intercostal [chest] muscles and the diaphragm, became progressively weakened. In time, the condemned man expired, due to the inability to continue breathing properly.” The Crucified Man from Giv‘at ha-Mivtar: A Reappraisal,” Israel Exploration Journal Vol. 35, No. 1 (1985), pp. 22–27. From what I've read, the crucified were nude, as crucifixion was meant to be the most shameful of executions and the Romans would not have given a two penny damn about Jewish sensibilities.
  21. You don't suppose that some of the artists who made these images were in some sense attracted to well built men? "Gay" might well be an anachronistic term, but same-sex attraction is timeless. The arts have long been hospitable to people interested in that sort of thing. * Ducks for cover as woke mob assembles with torches and pitchforks *
  22. I have heard many experts contradict what you are saying (probably the majority). And just the fact that you state it with such finality is all the evidence I need to consider you a dogmatic nonbeliever. Debate against that mentality becomes a fool's errand (but one I engage in too often, LOL).
  23. The Patterson video is obviously a hoax. Everyone but you apparently believes the video is a hoax. It is very, very obvious that it was a staged event. The 'big foot' is actually a man in a suit.
  1. Load more activity