Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. This video is the best approach to the Grandfather Paradox I have ever seen. Thanks iridescence. The fact is we know that Einstein predicted time dilation, but apart from some strange "unsolved mystery" experiences such as the guy who got in his Cessna in Bermuda and flew to Florida, arriving before he left, or the Gil Perez mystery. While it seems unlikely, we do have odd stories about people who seem to have accidentally done the impossible. For all we know, all those Missing 411 people have been swallowed up by temporal wormholes. Of course I am not enough of a betting man to assume that is true.
  3. ALL biological drivers in humans are real and powerful, BUT in humans our ideas beliefs concepts values etc are stronger and MORE powerful than our biology Thus a human can override, enhance, alter, adapt or change, a biological driver at will, AND can generate longer lasting, more powerful attachments based on abstract ideas and concepts. eg romantic love and again you use pseudo psychology and your own experiences Grief comes inamny forms and depths Basically you are judging my grief and saying that if i loved more my grief would be greater No I choose my grief responses as i chose all my emotional reponses I love as powerfully and a deeply as anyone, but i can let go and find joy in the life of a person i have lost Its one reason i was offered a job as a funeral director IMO you have often allowed your emotions to rule your life Sometimes his might have helped you, but clearly from your posts, many times it has allowed unnecessary pain hurt and anger. My parents taught me that love is shown by our actions, Not feelings or even words My wife feels strongly the same.
  4. aztek

Trump gets re-elected, then what?

well you have a queen, so what is wrong with our king? at least our king isn;'t just an expensive outdated furniture. our actually works. in any case answer the damn question op asked, never mind what i think. you'll never understand it anyway
  5. Habitat

Did Jesus Exist?

As Elvis said, we can't go on, with suspicious minds, and never more true, when going to heart of this matter. If you see fraud at every turn, you will defraud yourself.
  6. You're striving to be something, so what makes you think you can distinguish the good from the evil folks? How many good people are on this planet in Christian biblical context? Bible Christians will run you out of the church by saying Jesus is not God. You don't know the Holy Bible and how Christians interpret their book. Bible Christians don't have to strive because they have faith in Jesus Christ. They know they'll always fall short of perfection. Christians are watchful of vanity because they know people love to deceive themselves. There are forces who will gladly goad us on.
  7. I appreciate you are trying to be tolerant and i do appreciate that effort I am biased precisely because i raised a dozen children who were abandoned or rejected by their parents Some adopted stories might have a happy ending (only one out of my 12 did) One lad when he was about 20 realised that his mother had been trying to do the best for him after his father had died, and went back to her. ALL the rest remained permanently separated from their biological parents (often they only had a mother ) Thus i dont have the rosy view you have of biological parenting or the chemical bonds which are supposed to connect a parent and child. Too often they dont work. BUT anyone can love and care for a child for a lifetime if the y make the decision and commitment to do so, as long as they have the personal capacity to give that love to a child and no I dont know the percentages but many adopted children show no interest in their biological parents while some just need/want to find any biological connection for medical reasons and genetic concerns In our case, all the children knew their parents, eventually knew they had been abandoned /rejected and thus wanted nothing to do with their biological parents. I claim i have had the exerince I have had the same chemical rush and bonding Maybe this is abit unusual but i have had control of my chemical production a t will, since my teenage years I can produce any body chemical on demand by adjusting my brain as if i had had an external stimuli.I can also prevent the production of any such chemical by regulating my mind and body You might be right that some non biological parents dont get that chemical rush which some think is love I generate it as needed to produce chemical os attraction to my wife my parents and my children. There are different forms but the y are all powerful and produce short term powerful effects, because they are drugs. But this is weaker, and temporary, and more primitive,than choosing to commit to a n intellectual form of love to a person, then making the effort to maintain that mental sensation or construct all your life. Many people find this difficult if not impossible For me it is simple because I learned how to do it as a child I also have created the same powerful cognitive love that a good biological parent creates and maintains
  8. Alchopwn

Did Jesus Exist?

Yes I can. If the writing in question is actually about an allegorical person who never existed but represents a divine metaphor or exemplar presented in a contemporary setting for spiritual/educational purposes for the benefit of the otherwise unenlightened, we have a perfect motive. Alternatively, and less benignly, If you are a con-artist and want people to give you money, you can pull a religious schtick, and because you have written it down, you seem more credible to illiterate people who hold reading in superstitious awe, plus you can say "here read this" to other people in similar scams, and they can't do much to gainsay you, as their own scam is also paper thin. More specifically, if you look at the gospels from an historical-critical perspective, each one represents a particular political agenda within the Christ movement, which is part of why there are so many contradictions between the Gospels. People tend to add them up and average them out into a combined narrative, but this in fact creates a fresh and fake gospel that is every bit as wrong as the others.
  9. Setton

So, a king then? That didn't take long.
  10. susieice

Prince Harry and Meghan Stepping Down

I think Prince Charles paid for that. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7900913/RICHARD-KAY-Prince-Wales-lavishing-millions-sons-William-Harry.html
  11. You are doing what you have done for a decade sherapy Taking my posts and twisting them to fit what you want to believe Rather than "get it" you are in a state of delusion and denial No; we cared for 12 children, ranging from a few months old to adulthood, over 40 years There would have been a total of around 200 years experience with children and teenagers It was exactly the same parenting as any parent would do. They were our children (ive used those words enough for it to get through you.) They were in our care and control. We were the only ones loving and caring for them The y were no one else's children, because their parents had abandoned them,denied them, and or kicked them out of the parent's home They had no contact with their biological parents and many still refuse to have anything to do with them lol you cant accept a different perspective to your own and so have to work out a way to create some fantasy perspective to deny my posts. I would have probably 4 times the parenting experience that you have (12 kids) including boys and girls, and for a much longer period (40 years) I guess that is what bugs you and forces you to create a fantasy However I am pleased your true colours are showing. You cant help yourself. When you are losing an argument, you attack the person, and don't let reality get in your way Have a go at explaining logically, rationally and factually,how you managed to read into my posts that i have any less parenting expertise than you Less in what way? What experiences have you had tha t i have not ? Indeed, given the nature of our children, I've probably had many experiences you have not. Have you had to take one of your children to a refuge to protect them from a partner Have you had to stitch them up yourself or take them to an emergency dept? Have you had to prevent one of yours committing suicide. Have you had to help police sought out things like; arson, theft, and drug taking? Have you had to protect your children from abusers predators and drug suppliers ? And you simply ignored the bit about many of the children and teenagers having no connections to us a t all They were homeless and we took them in. 3 of them i had never met. before we gave them shelter.
  12. Habitat

Did Jesus Exist?

lol....of course any story is susceptible of being false, if it involves extraordinary happenings, but it is also more likely to be false if someone gains an advantage by others believing it.
  13. aztek

that is definitely not happening, they don't care about the country unless they are in power, they are willing to burn it down if someone else is in charge. i think the best thing they can do, is to continue circus and be too busy from ruining it like they did during obama, that alone is a great achievement by trump. i really hope trump will get all R investigate all D in next term, so they both are too busy fighting each other and not screwing the country, trump alone seem to be doing a good job running it, if anything he proved we really do not need them. they are waste of money, we'd be better off without them. we need complete political overhaul.
  14. papageorge1

can spirits whisper?

How do spirits do anything on the physical plane? Manipulation of energy in ways we don't understand. I have seen Theosophical literature that discusses things in some detail actually. Some are saying they manipulate white noise too. There is also clairaudience in which people hear through there psychic senses too.
  15. Habitat

Did Jesus Exist?

Huh ? Of course if someone is telling me a story, and they don't believe it themselves, naturally they ought indicate that, but if they don't say, and they think it a fabrication, they might as well be the original fabricator.
  16. Habitat

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

It will never be known what happened in that apartment, but there seemed to be some doubt about how the victim's legs could be seen hanging down by the people in the apartment below, with her feet pointing outward from the building, and she still be holding on to what ? It didn't have the appearance of a thorough prosecution.
  17. and then

Let's engage in a hypothetical. Say Trump is re-elected in November. What moves will the D's resort to then? Should they continue trying to delegitimize the choice of the majority of voters in the majority of states or should they try to work for the benefit of the country as a whole? What direction do you imagine they'll take and what good or harm would you expect from that choice?
  18. jypsijemini

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

Precisely. I could barely stomach the audio. Her blood alcohol level is well under the 'uncontrollably, blind drunk' level. Yes, it may have effected her differently (especially considering it was moonshine) but throughout the entire audio, he doesn't sound the least bit drunk - or even tipsy. He sounds completely sober. That for one, was alarming for me. As if he was taking advantage of her. The photos are also incredibly disturbing. He's smiling while she looks scared. And the altercations. My god. To have threatened that he should throw her off - and then not even an hour later she's "tried to climb down" (within seconds of being pushed out onto the balcony) and fallen?! bull****. He doesn't even react to her fall - doesn't go to check - and knows to immediately call his lawyer. What kind of person doesn't call the police first, if it was truly an accident? He knew he'd done something wrong. He went out the basement garage to avoid the scene and went to grab a slice of pizza. And all along he'd been hiding her phone from her. It was in his damn pocket, not wedged down the side of his couch or slid under the coffee table. It was in his fecking pocket. I don't know how the prosecution screwed up on this one.... There's so much there to say that he was completely guilty.
  19. and then

How will Impeachment play out?

You don't say? That's a half-truth at best. Truth is he's supported by nearly a third of Blacks and almost half of Hispanics. But keep dreamin' the dream. Maybe if you repeat it long enough, you'll convince someone other than yourself. If those numbers still hold this November, he's going to win EPICALLY.
  20. Today
  21. Golden Duck

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

I don't think you're doubling up. The guy's got a new Tinder account and seems to want to advertise how innocent he was.
  22. Sherapy

Did Jesus Exist?

Great post. Interesting, I didn’t even consider the Gospel Mark as fabricated.
  23. jypsijemini

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

Thanks for the link @Golden Duck, and sorry to @ouija ouija for doubling up. This case just really disturbed me and I forgot to check first before posting about it. I'd hoped it wasn't just me that had a bad feeling about this guy and it seems I'm not alone in that at all.
  24. newbloodmoon

The George And The Dragon is now open.

Brings in a single book donation. “How to pick a fight” by an anonymous Irish fellow.
  25. Raptor Witness

How will Impeachment play out?

You’ve seen the latest polls showing that now over 50% of Americans want Donald Trump impeached? Trumps numbers are already well below both Nixon and Clinton’s. That’s a serious statistic of doom on the horizon, and there will be negative coat tails from this. I think there will be permanent damage not just to the Trump brand, but the Republican brand, for at least as long as witnesses are alive that remember the horrors of a cult take over of the government. This is far more than a simple mistake in judgement. Bolton called it a drug deal, likely because he saw Rudy Giuliani acting much like Oliver North did in Iran-Contra. Reagen could have been impeached for that, but he wasn’t because he was a beloved President, including by many Democrats. Trump is deeply despised.
  26. Habitat

Tinder Hookup Gone Wrong

By his own account, he held her captive in the apartment, why he wasn't at least charged with that, seems odd.
  27. jypsijemini

Cases that stick with you

Suspected and Proven Killers: (interested in them mostly because they're compulsive liars) Jodi Arias Amanda Knox Darlie Routier Chris Watts OJ Simpson Gable Tostee Mark Sievers Missing Children: (interest because I believe their parents are compulsive liars) Jon Benet Ramsey Madeleine McCann
  1. Load more activity