Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Here is that story for you who didnt know... or care for that matter. https://www.businessinsider.com/ebay-the-fbi-shawn-hogan-and-brian-dunning-2013-4 Still, no matter if you are the most dangerous and violent scumbag... science is peer reviewed and self correcting. You cant just claim stuff and get away with it!
  3. Some people choose very apt names, think about it, paranoid and android, neither indicate deep thinking and his posts have shown us that.
  4. Still Waters

What are you watching?

Mission Impossible 6 - Fallout and Mission Impossible 7 - Dark Reckoning Part One (Part Two due for release in 2025)
  5. Desertrat56

Trump ordered to pay over $350m For fraud

I think the more appropriate term would be Orange Anti-Christ. 🤣
  6. Given that you readily dismiss the possibility of other explanations for UFO/UAP,s. How am I suppose to believe there is a measure of skepticism? I can't help but think of the parallels between alien abduction and sleep paralysis demons. Same phenomena with a modern twist.
  7. Unless you believe every single newspaper in the UK and abroad is making false reports for some unknown motive, they are protesting about post -Brexit trade deals (which were struck after we left the SM). If it wasn't for Brexit, we wouldn't have post-Brexit deals, would we? You can't separate Brexit from its consequences. You can't say "Brexit was great, it's just the consequences that are bad". Tractor-riding farmers have descended on Westminster to protest against trading arrangments they claim will “decimate” British farming and jeapordise UK food security. Farmers ride tractors into central London in major protest over trade deals | The Independent
  8. That is just one podcast among hundreds of skeptics... same with the believers, but multiply it with a couple of thousand. The fringe side has always been infinitely more popular. Why do you think that is?
  9. Very good point but these projects will take a very long amount of time and they are not realistic.
  10. If you want to be enlightenment then follow the proposed site skeptics.com A little issue with their credibility given the conviction of fraud and the 15 month jail sentence one of their science writers received. I still can't find his credentials online. They are hidden mysteriously
  11. As said earlier a healthy degree of skepticism is required. Anything beyond that point is denialism and a very unhealthy mindset that many 'skeptics' have. Will create a thread about the various websites of skeptics.
  12. 499 is yours, NOT 500 and it’s still wrong. cormac
  13. Because for most of the believers validation is the goal, not honest discussion nor enlightenment through acquisition of knowledge.
  14. Don't you think that a movement isn't the best possible way to counter the crackpots especially when these guys don't seem to be academically qualified and even though they are 'science writers' and one of them has been convicted of fraud and received a 15 month jail sentence. Even his credentials are not visible and are mysteriously hidden for some reason.You can't find what he has studied.
  15. That's kind of the problem. The waters are more like a bog now and even simple questioning (skepticism) seems frowned upon.
  16. Up until now the UK was able to trade with Canada on terms agreed while we were members of the EU. From April1st, tariffs will be applied (up to 245% on cheese, for example). April1st is perhaps an appropriate date for the EU rollover to end. New tariffs are set to hit British firms exporting to Canada from Easter Monday, after attempts to extend the trade exemption failed. As of April 1, industries including car manufacturers, processed foods and chemical exports will lose the tariff-free access to Canada they currently benefit from. The exemption from rules placing tariffs on goods with parts from the EU was temporarily agreed under the trade deal rolled over with the North American nation post-Brexit in 2021. Brexit: New tariffs for UK exports to Canada after failure to secure exemption (cityam.com)
  17. UFOs and Big Foot. They parallel each other perfectly. Blurry videos of both. Literally thousands and thousands of people who claim to have seen them first hand, and even stories of people who had interactions with them. And yet, there is one more remarkable thing that they all have in common: No real proof! For UFOs the only real proof would have to be either the body of an alien, or the alien vessel, with public scientific review. For Big Foot, the only real proof would have to be the body of a Big Foot, also with public scientific review. All of this 'evidence' is just so much smoke and mirrors. Show me an alien. Show me an alien vessel. Show me a Big Foot. I live in Texas but I think like someone from Missouri...the Show Me State.
  18. Wouldn't it make more sense to take it up with those who defend your morally bankrupt ideology? Funny how when it comes to the Christian Right accusations are confessions.
  19. Indeed. It was even a group of scientists who created the Society for Psychical Research in 1882, not spiritualists or other believers.
  20. Someone should ask Obama where he was Tuesday: Netizens find uncanny similarities between Baltimore bridge collapse and scene from Leave the World Behind https://www.hindustantimes.com/world-news/us-news/netizens-find-uncanny-similarities-between-baltimore-bridge-collapse-and-scene-from-leave-the-world-behind-101711525437344.html
  21. An example of this is listening to a cd/music while walking on a treadmill or exercise bike. Something I need to start again, thanks.👍
  22. Pellinore and Antigonad... did you actually watch the video? No, you didn't. There is no interview with anyone, just a procession of tractors. Then a headline about Brexit. Sloppy, lazy, factually incorrect. It isn't about Brexit.
  23. Well, someone has to counter the fringe element and crackpots muddying the waters! Science is the best tool we have when investigating the paranormal.
  24. This is the reason why they ran out to investigate, and ended up in the woods where Halt saw, and counted, the interval of the flashing light from the lighthouse. Its really not that confusing... Prank... Halt running to the woods where he saw the light...The rest is science fiction added decades later. Retired USAF SMSgt Kevin Condes statement. Most of us carried spare flashlights with us, so we could stick several flashlights out the windows with different colored lenses. Leaving my headlights off I turned on the overheads lights, which on American cop cars are red and blue. We then proceeded to drive the car in slow circles while making weird noises over the PA system. Remember, there was a light fog, which was the key to the joke's success, as each light appeared in the fog as a moving beam of light. The kid on the gate freaked. The response to his call for help was quite gratifying. This was one of the more successful and hysterical practical jokes I participated in during my eleven years as a cop. One thing; I frankly don't remember if we ever told the guy what really happened. I had no idea this little prank had blown up to this magnitude, and it is logical to assume that this joke was the seed that started the whole thing. http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/statement.html For you easily confused, click the link and read Condes statement at least 6 times.
  25. It would be great to see what the skeptoid.com says about the famous and less famous alleged UFO events. No problem with the credibility of the site or it's science writers. It doesn't matter if one science writer has been convicted of fraud and given a 15 month jail sentence and it doesn't matter if these science writers may or may not have any degrees and credentials in science. At the end of the day they are skeptologists. Part of the new movement.
  1. Load more activity