Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. This is the reason why they ran out to investigate, and ended up in the woods where Halt saw, and counted, the interval of the flashing light from the lighthouse. Its really not that confusing... Prank... Halt running to the woods where he saw the light...The rest is science fiction added decades later. Retired USAF SMSgt Kevin Condes statement. Most of us carried spare flashlights with us, so we could stick several flashlights out the windows with different colored lenses. Leaving my headlights off I turned on the overheads lights, which on American cop cars are red and blue. We then proceeded to drive the car in slow circles while making weird noises over the PA system. Remember, there was a light fog, which was the key to the joke's success, as each light appeared in the fog as a moving beam of light. The kid on the gate freaked. The response to his call for help was quite gratifying. This was one of the more successful and hysterical practical jokes I participated in during my eleven years as a cop. One thing; I frankly don't remember if we ever told the guy what really happened. I had no idea this little prank had blown up to this magnitude, and it is logical to assume that this joke was the seed that started the whole thing. http://www.ianridpath.com/ufo/statement.html
  3. It would be great to see what the skeptoid.com says about the famous and less famous alleged UFO events. No problem with the credibility of the site or it's science writers. It doesn't matter if one science writer has been convicted of fraud and given a 15 month jail sentence and it doesn't matter if these science writers may or may not have any degrees and credentials in science. At the end of the day they are skeptologists. Part of the new movement.
  4. My post to you was actually going to be this: I do think people know that whales don't live in rivers. But then I thought, Hmmm I should probably google that first...and...then I found these videos. wallah...I didn't know. I do now. I'm going with Whales.
  5. There’s a really interesting documentary called The Crumbling of America about the aging infrastructure of this country. Saw it about 10 years ago.
  6. Because if you are fortunate enough to see something like that...you don't want to miss it trying to capture it on video or taking a picture of it. Whales!
  7. Have you looked for God outside of books? I don't know if you have or not. I can definitely say that I have. In fact, in my opinion, what the books that have info on God really say is that if you want to really find God, you must look for him in places outside of books. The most important place in my opinion being within. But again, in my opinion, there are other places God can be found outside of a person. Primarily I suppose, in the lives of others. As well as in nature, the laws of physics and the findings of science amongst many other things. If not in everything that exists.
  8. It could very well be whales. That was actually my first thought...but alas, whales live in the ocean! Wait...that's not quite true! And at a distance, with fog... Yeah, I'm thinking whales as well now!
  9. Besides, if you are going to the trouble of leaving the planet, you might as well aim for Venus. It's got the potential to be a lot more like Earth than Mars does. Plus, we can ease into it, considering how long the terraforming will take.
  10. Will you are missing the point. Your argument is something’s can’t be learned from a book. Yet, your god construct is exclusively derived from quote mining the UB. For ex: on self control, there is a technique called temptation bundling in a nut shell it is pairing something you don’t want to do (resistance) with something you want to do (rewarding).This involves pairing a desired but less enjoyable task (like exercising) with a more enjoyable activity (like watching your favorite TV series). By linking the two together, one creates a built-in reward system that motivates one to engage in the less enjoyable task while looking forward to the enjoyable one that follows. This approach leverages the concept of immediate gratification to make tasks more appealing and helps resist giving in to temptations that interfere with self-control goals. I use this technique a lot as a caregiver for clients, it works.
  11. For the time being, leaving the planet is indeed an illusion. Mars has a very hostile environment and as Pr Rees said the South Pole here on Earth has a much more hospitable environment. Anyone who has had experience living in the South Pole (probably scientists and support staff) can testify in this. I think this is a problem of unreasonable and unrealistic expectations and dreams. Having said this space exploration should not stop or considered a secondary matter but we need more realistic projects.
  12. To me these two statements contradict each other. The experience of self-control can't be contained in a book, yet you think you can find God in a book?! I won't go on about how inconsistent this is concerning books, again doesn't matter. I kinda wish you would have found God outside of a book like the UB then, I think it may have resulted in a more meaningful and deeper spirituality. "But the UB says", and even 'But the Bible says', I think can be such unnecessary mental/'spiritual' boundaries to that personal exploration. But of course to each his own.
  13. Unless of course, if they happen to support a claim you are making, then they are "real scientists" and can be used by you and the likes!?
  14. Cut her some slack. The Borg destroyed her home world.
  15. That’s true. Never seen the “irritatingly constipated fool’s gold” look before. But it’s perfect for him.
  16. What caused that motor on that ship to blow up ?
  17. I guess any woman who’s had more than one period is a serial killer then.
  18. Yep. That’s how I see it too.
  19. Or unless what he wrote about was or has been confirmed by archaeology. No ancient author should be used as a sole source in and of themselves, even those which have proven to be relatively accurate about most of the things they wrote.
  1. Load more activity