Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If it is blurry and out of focus it must be true?
  3. NASA's next mission: Searching for the Loch Ness Monster from space! They'll be using satellite images to track down Nessie's underwater hideout.
  4. Maybe it's a portal to the parallel universe where shopping carts roam free and escalators only go up.
  5. Bigfoot? Oh, he's probably just on vacation, hanging out in the woods, playing hide and seek with the paparazzi.
  6. the13bats

An unusual dream

I am sorry I can't shine insite on your specific dream I do recognize Joc as being a guru on the dream subject, In my case the last few years have been super stressful depressing and draining, I left here a year just been back a few weeks, I have some really mucked up dreams that would be hard to explain in type, not really nightmares maybe say like my brain is a old record player with the needle skipping, sure can't get peaceful rest. I don't think it's malevolent entities as I don't believe in that stuff and if it's my brain trying to work something out then it's doing a p*** poor job, frankly I think it's at least in part just due to life. Maybe every dream isn't a message maybe some are just random bits and pieces. Who knows?
  7. The existence of Atlantis is up in the air among historians, archaeologists, and mythologists. PS glad this one worked, (impossible to confirm my email in AUstralia due to my recovery email mobile number area code being different). Will be going back to the US as soon as airport security cools down after the knife attack in Sydey.
  8. and-then

80's One Hit Wonders

I counted 6 that I didn't know.
  9. Hammerclaw

Revisiting God Constructs

They don't hold a candle to the JWs. The people they brainwash are a pathetic lot.
  10. But there are also addictions related to smoking and alcoholism. In India, cigarettes came about for the first time in the market in the early part of the twentieth century. Cigarettes were generally seen as vulgar and hence it did not have much sales. Then a couple of ads with models came up showing that those who smoke are virile and stylish and charming. The sales of cigarettes immediately rose sky high and subsequently so did cancer rates and lung diseases as well, causing thousands of deaths and increasing the burden on the healthcare system substantially. Even the famous 'Marlboro Man' who had served as a model for cigarette ads died of cancer. https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA0R049/ https://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-marlboro-men-20140127-story.html Looking after one's needs and satisfying them is easy but keeping up with the affluent neighbors will be a hard task which means one has to be in the hamster mill toiling endlessly . The affluent is often a role model for the masses and they measure themselves not just by being able to satisfy their needs but also their desires usually instilled by social conditioning. Watching the billionaires and affluent public figures, everyone strives to have a mansion, private jet, private island and superyacht for themselves. This obviously is bound to create a conflict in the human system because of the limited nature of means and unlimited nature of desires. Capitalism is essentially competitive in nature, and there cannot be many winners and a few losers, and the reverse is often true. There are plenty of businesses that has gone broke while pursuing the dream of being a billionaire or multi-millionaire. Loans and credit taken also ends up as bankruptors. The capitalist model is also designed to serve rich entrepreneurs than poor ones. Walmart stores resulted in many relatively poorer businessmen having to close shop as they could not compete with the larger scale of efficiency Walmart has with its lower prices. So this means that the wealth is draining to fewer and fewer pockets or bank accounts. Consequently there is a growing gap between the rich and the poor in the US augmenting social inequality. https://www.auburnvillager.com/opinion/the-yawning-gap-between-the-haves-and-have-nots/article_a5355de2-b16f-11ea-85b4-0b711f75156e.html https://fortune.com/2023/12/28/housing-market-new-era-haves-have-nots-winners-losers-mortgage-rates-home-prices-home-sales/ https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/04/04/is-america-divided-between-haves-have-nots-most-people-say-no/ The growing income inequality and gap between haves and have-nots means that it is only a few who benefits from the capitalist model with the vast majority having plenty of conditioned desires but not having the means to fulfill them. And desires unfulfilled are bound to be a source of psychological suffering preventing contentment and happiness, as noted in Greek and Eastern philosophies.
  11. Cameron recently admitted this is a problem caused by leaving the EU. He also pointed out leaving the ECHR wouldn't provide a solution:
  12. Scholar4Truth

What's for dinner?

Looks like Ribs are going to be leftovers.
  13. How could they be landed in France without an agreement with the French or the cooperation of the asylum seekers? Throw men, women and children onto beaches in manacles and then quickly scoot off? The only sensible solution is Starmer's, go after the gangs directly.
  14. I lived in fear of that daily in 2016 to 2020 , i was out right terrifed he would pull something withb a nuke to steal a fair election from the American people. That was almost one of your bullying threats of doom if BOM doesn't get his way, No one stole 2020 BOM had the best attorneys that grifted money could buy and they proved beyond doubt the election was simply an epic loss by BOM the American people were over his utter incompetency and life costing bs. But no, his bent knee minions won't accept it. So I've heard.. Very well said Qnon Powell when hauled into court used a defense to the effect saying no rational person would have believed her , well duh. I recall more than once BOM subjects getting so upset at his constantly failing making them look ridiculous not having any way to defend his incompetence just tantrum out leave the forum then come back tail tucked i recall weeks of threats if tRump couldn't bully his way in what would happen to the country, I saw subjects spew about half this country worship at the marmalade altar, lots of delusional stuff It's really pathetic sad just how deeply emersed in this guy they really are, it's a Messiah kult like worship, I'm worried what kind of melt down they will have when he loses yet again.
  15. Either I accidentally misrepresented what I wanted from you, or you misunderstood my request. Either way, I shall attempt to rectify the mistake. To be clear, I don't care what primary sources you have to back up your claim. I don't care what Aristotle of Athens has to say about anything here. I DO care a little more about what is in "The Journal of Higher Criticism", but only insofar as I want to know the names of the authors and the broad strokes conclusions they arrived at, and why I should believe them over others who have arrived at different conclusions, and perhaps a web link to said articles from The Journal of Higher Criticism. For example, Dr Bart Ehrman, a prominent atheist/agnostic who has devoted his life to New Testament criticism, argues that most people date John to the latest of the four gospels, and outlines part of the reasons why they do this. In part, it's because John is the most theologically advanced of the four gospels, and it would make sense if it was written later that it would be more refined in its concepts. But while it is refined to an extent it is lacking in a lot of theological detail that was spoken of in the early 2nd century by Ignatius, thus it was likely written before Ignatius: I'm not an historian, Doug. I don't have the tools to analyse all these ancient primary sources. If I had access to Ignatius' work, it wouldn't help me understand how historians use it to date John, even as a former Christian with a pretty decent theological background I would be lost as to where to begin with what 1st-2nd Century Christians leaders were writing about, let alone understanding the differences between these "Christological heresies that are in evidence". But having an article like the one I linked is much easier to grasp for a normie like myself. Which is why I want to see a list of experts who have argued the same as you have, that way I can go and see their website and read their arguments. There is a lot of leeway for argument here, even Bart Ehrman has said several times through his article that dating the gospels isn't exact and there's a wide variety of disagreement. Thus knowing how widespread a view is in academia goes a long way to deciding for normies like myself whether to trust them - otherwise that would apply to any historical topic, and for example I might believe without evidence that Jesus is a copycat saviour from Mithras and Dionysius and Osiris and the like, as argued by the historical hack known as Acharya S (from the famous Zeitgeist documentary, and her book "The Christ Conspiracy", among others). Without the understanding of ancient history that people like Ehrman do, I must rely on the academic consensus, or else I might just find myself believing Acharya S is as valid as Bart Ehrman in approaching any historical study of the gospels. I hope this clarifies my question, thanks. ~ Link (formerly PA)
  16. Bendy Demon

An unusual dream

Hmmm....that is a very interesting angle that I had not considered; it is true I find certain belief systems interesting such as Buddhism, Shintoism and to some degree Hinduism so I may have to contemplate that aspect. Thank You I am puzzled by the analysis regarding Kali as Kali is a destroyer but then again she is also known for other aspects plus she also seems to have 12 forms as well (I just learned this) but if the man was to represent my soul then why would it manifest as something outside of myself? Anyways I really appreciate the different perspectives on this. It gives me something else to consider. Thank You
  17. It would be impossible to do as we already have a shortage of prisons for our own domestic prisoners. There was an outcry a year or so ago as prisoners were being released early and people convicted of serious crimes (rape, assaults, etc) were getting deferred or suspended sentences as they could not be incarcerated. Image the public outcry if, instead of building schools, homes and hospitals, the govt diverted the money to build prisons especially for asylum seekers. There is enough of an outcry over hotels being used.
  18. Trump lost to a virus, and his evil indifference, to it.
  19. Some fishermen just dropped their high dollar LED flashlight.
  20. Today
  21. Overdueleaf

What's for dinner?

this weeks menu consisted of ribs baked, potato, corn ribs baked, potato roasted, carrots tacos, beans, rice country fried steaks, mashed taters gravy, green beans spaghetti and salad for two nights chicken and gnocchi
  22. Scholar4Truth

Top Funny Metal Commercials

Remember Iron Maiden appearing with Vince & Larry the crash test dummies?
  23. There was water on that part of the North American continent because the land was below the global sea level of that era. There were no mountains there at the time. The tectonic events that caused the uplift of the Rockies hadn’t happened yet.
  24. How many of these '80s one-hit wonders do you remember? (msn.com) Which one's do you remember?
  25. What in god’s name does the Western Interior Seaway have to do with this? It existed near the end of the Cretaceous period around 80 million years ago, a sea that covered most of the western third of the country running all the way from the Arctic down to the Gulf of Mexico. When mountain building processes that eventually created the Rockies began, the seafloor rose and the seas drained away leaving only dry land. That’s why certain areas of the country today that were underwater then, especially Kansas with its chalk beds, have yielded some of the best fossils of late Cretaceous marine reptiles for over a century and a half. It has nothing to do with Edgar Cayce’s catastrophe BS.
  26. pauldaleroberts

8 Mysterious Islands

8 Mysterious Islands Paul Dale Roberts, HPI's Esoteric Detective Sacramento Paranormal Investigations Halo Paranormal Investigations Most islands are very beautiful and it's usually a place for family and friends to retreat. Islands are usually a paradise surrounded by ocean. As you take in the beauty of an island, that island may have some dark secrets. Secrets only revealed by the paranormal. Let's look at 8 mysterious islands! Gaiola Island (Naples, Italy): Gaiola Island, located just off the coast of Naples, has a history shrouded in misfortune. Legends say that the ancient poet and magician Virgil once taught here. However, subsequent inhabitants faced tragic fates, such as murder, drownings, heart attacks, economic ruin, and even suicide. The villa on Gaiola Island now stands abandoned and cursed. Some tourists who have visited the villa have fell ill or faced some type of problems when they arrive at home. A tourist named Elodie from Avignon, France once visited Gaiola Island and when she returned to her home in France, both of her dogs had died. Her neighbor was watching the dogs while she was on vacation, and on the day that she would arrive at home, they mysteriously died with no identifying cause. Elodie feels she was cursed by the island. Locals feel the island is cursed, because of the untimely deaths of the island citizens. The island in the 17th century had many Roman factories. The island was used as a defense point for the Gulf of Naples. Some locals believe the curse may have been placed on the island by the magician Virgil or a 19th Century hermit known as The Wizard. Palmyra Atoll (Hawaii, United States): Palmyra Atoll, a remote Pacific Island, has a dark history. The island has seen its share of brutal murders, shipwrecks, and mysterious disappearances. Some believe it’s haunted by the spirits of those who met untimely deaths there. Locals have reported seeing strange lights in the night sky. Locals have seen little people walking around the Atoll. These little people are known as the Menehune. Palmyra Atoll has no permanent population. It is administered as an incorporated unorganized territory, presently the only one of its kind, by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service of the U.S. Department of the Interior. During the 19th and 20th centuries, stories circulated in the Pacific of a large treasure of gold, silver and precious stones (sometimes described as Inca treasures) that had been looted in the Viceroyalty of Peru. A crew loaded it in secret onto the ship Esperanza in Callao harbor, Peru, and embarked into the Pacific Ocean on January 1, 1816, bound for the Spanish West Indies. According to a survivor, seaman James Hines, the Esperanza was caught in a storm that dismasted and damaged the ship, after which it was attacked and boarded by pirates, who loaded the treasure and surviving crew onto their own ship. The Esperanza sank, and the pirates and their captives sailed west across the Pacific bound for Macao. Whoever got in the way of the pirates faced death in the most brutal fashion. Workers on the island have heard disembodied whimpering or crying. Shadow people have been seen. Ghostly pirates have been seen near the shoreline. Rose Hall (Montego Bay, Jamaica): Rose Hall is infamous for the ghost of Annie Palmer, the “White Witch.” She allegedly murdered her husbands and slaves, leaving a trail of vengeful spirits. Visitors report eerie encounters in this haunted mansion. During my visit to Jamaica, I investigated the Rose Hall. One of the tourists that was in my tour group kept saying that something was squeezing her arm. Locals also practice Santeria, Voodoo and Hoodoo on the grounds of Rose Hall. While walking around Rose Hall, I came upon a chicken that was beheaded. Around the chicken were flower pedals. Creepy rituals take place at Rose Hall. Poveglia Island (Italy): Poveglia, near Venice, was once a plague quarantine site and later a mental hospital. Its dark history includes mass burials, experiments, and tales of tortured souls. Locals avoid it, believing it’s cursed. The sounds of people being tortured can be heard in the evening hours. Red orbs have been seen floating around the island. Francesco Bianchi from Siena, Italy witnessed a ghostly hand come out of the ground. Francesca was at one time a grounds keeper at Poveglia Island. When I went to Bologna, Italy, I met Francesco and we discussed ancient sites and haunted places. Francesco says that Poveglia Island is a terrifying place. A place not for tourists. Chase Vault (Barbados): The Chase Vault in Oistins, Barbados, is known for its mysterious moving coffins. Despite being sealed, the coffins would shift positions, baffling visitors and sparking ghostly rumors. When my father and my stepmother Cindy visited Barbados, they heard about the moving coffins. Cindy says that the site is a tourist hot spot for all things macabre. Cindy says that the locals will tell you it's nothing more than a big hoax. A story that was retold and retold, until it was exaggerated so much, people would believe that the coffins moved on their own. Cindy says there is nothing to the story and would rather be at the beach, than at the Chase Vault. Hart Island (New York, USA): Hart Island, off the coast of the Bronx, serves as a mass burial ground for unclaimed bodies. Over a million people rest here, and its eerie atmosphere has led to haunting stories and legends. This is a place of floating orbs, strange winds that come out of nowhere. The now defunct ghost hunting group The Bronx Phantom Wreckers investigated Hart Island and obtained many EVPs and encountered a full body apparition that was not captured on camera. Since 1868, Hart Island became the site of many misfortunes. During its time as a Civil War prison camp, 235 prisoners are reported to have died and been buried on the island, the first event in what would be a chain of tragedies to unfold on the island. In 1870, shortly after acquiring the island, the city’s most recent purchase played host to a quarantine facility for yellow fever victims. After the epidemic, along with many of the hospital’s patients, had passed, Hart Island went on to house a women’s insane asylum, a tuberculosis hospital, a Cold War Nike missile base, and a prison. Mark Layton of the Bronx Phantom Wreckers says that this may be the most haunted place in all of New York. When you step on the island you feel sorrow and depression. Mark says it's not a place for the faint hearted. One of Mark's investigators actually passed out and they had to remove him from the investigation. Isle of Wight (United Kingdom): The Isle of Wight has its share of ghostly tales, including phantom monks, haunted castles, and spectral shipwrecks. The island’s rich history contributes to its reputation as a paranormal hotspot. A person can write a whole book on the haunting activities at the Isle of Wight. I will only mention two haunted spots on this island. The first haunted spot is Appuldurcombe House, Wroxall. This haunted mansion with its 365 windows and 52 rooms is now simply a shell of what it used to be, but the ghosts remain. They include a phantom carriage, brown-clad monks, dark shapes glimpsed flitting through the grounds. A baby's cry is heard and unseen hands leaf through the visitors’ book. Then there is Knighton Gorges, Newchurch. People say that this place is the most haunted on the island. Every New Year's Eve, people gather at midnight to wait for the ghostly house to re-appear. A pair of weathered stone gateposts are all that remain of the manor house of Knighton Gorges but among the things seen are a coach and horses, poltergeist lights and stone creatures on the gate pillars. Deadman’s Island (Canada): Deadman’s Island in Vancouver, Canada, has a grim past as a burial ground for Indigenous people and early settlers. Visitors report strange occurrences and unsettling feelings on this haunted isle. Apparitions have been seen floating around the island. Sometimes the plant life on the island seems to be alive. The plants will move in strange ways. Example, if you are walking away from a plant, the plant will move towards your direction. Disembodied voices and chanting have also been heard on the island.
  1. Load more activity