Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Once again it seems there are terms that you have no idea what they mean. Add skeptic to your previous list of things to learn. Hypothesis Scientific theory Open minded Evidence Facts Skeptic Clearly, these terms are poorly understood by you and the evidence is of course your posts.
  3. LightAngel

My Lucia

I'm really impressed. You are not only super talented, you also have the sensitivity of a true artist - your music touches me. Thank you!
  4. It's basically a folklorist. No science needed.
  5. @onlookerofmayhem Haidong Jurchen-American Indians/Siberians Di- Wild Tribes/Nomads
  6. He should consider buying Germany first, that will be a bargain.
  7. tmcom

Climate Change is a Hoax

Because there is nothing to discuss, he got it all wrong! Carp on about, so that means our last attempt due to it being 13 years ago was not reliable and not it is? The congressional hearing, (above) also says that over 10,000 peer reviewed papers, go with Gore's remark that scientists agree that we have caused man made global warming, (this was a more recent remark). Similar to 13 years ago, and nothing happened, no snow disappearing from the mountain, no 1 metre or more sea level rises in the UK, and NY to name two, and No increased in hurricanes. The congressional hearing makes it pretty obvious whether this is a Hoax or not, and new nutcases ignoring it all, so they don't miss their wind turbine orgy, also makes that pretty obvious.
  8. joc

Faith?

I have had several healthy relationships out of a bar. I have had several healthy relationships out of a church. Healthy relationships are not causal via the meeting place. Just sayin'....
  9. Golden Duck

New Zealanders hand over guns in Christchurch

I wasn't virtue signalling, so leaving nothing aside, from what I've read gun smuggling flows (mostly) from US to MX. The gun manufacturing industry was mentioned in another thread; but, there's not a lot of clear and easily obtainable data about Chapter 93 commodities. Your own words say the gun culture is more significant than any porous border. Thus we fall back to the usual begging the question - the founding fathers were omniscient and set 2A, and because they set 2A they must be omniscient. It's a form of natural idolatry and anyone who disagrees is evil; and you're evil if you disagree. Leaving aside the logical fallacy, who's virtue signalling?
  10. Golden Earring- "Radar Love" (1973) (In-concert/date unknown )
  11. joc

Faith?

Au contraire ! I have the big answer! I know the real meaning behind it all. Too eat, and not to be eaten!
  12. cormac mac airt

"Was Yahweh an Edomite or Canaanite god"

The biggest thing that Han Solo did was complete the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs, which is a measure of distance NOT time. Sulu piloted through a wormhole as well as through time. cormac
  13. lost_shaman

Climate Change is a Hoax

Below is a small thought experiment but I will illustrate how LWIR black body radiation can and can not 'flow' via the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Imagine we have a room we can place objects in that is sealed from all outside sources and has a hard vacuum. In this room we place a one square meter block of stone @ 56F on one side and on the other a one square meter block of ice @ -117F. The block of stone emits LWIR black body radiation at a peak of 10 microns and the block of ice emits LWIR black body radiation at a peak of 15 microns. What happens? The stone will slowly cool uniformly while the face of the block of ice facing the stone will warm more quickly than the other sides of the ice block. Why does this happen that way? Well the ice block being colder will thermalize all of the stone block black body LWIR radiation between 10 and 15 microns which warms the face of the ice block facing the warmer stone block. The face of the stone block facing the ice, being warmer and emitting at a high frequency LWIR profile, is not effected by the lower frequency black body radiation of the ice block as it reflects or scatters it but can not thermalize it. If one argued that the face of the stone block either warms or cools faster than the rest of the stone you'd be in direct violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics and probably Conservation of Energy as well. Here the stone block is the more energetic object as we know from its given temperature and black body LWIR profile. Ditto for the ice block being the least energetic object in the room. So heat according to the Second Law of Thermodynamics must be able to 'flow' from the hotter object to the cooler object and we see that it does. Check. But here, dealing only with EM radiation and no other mechanism of heat flow, we see that the flow can only occur in one direction here. i.e. there is no "net" flow per se between the two objects there is only a direct transfer of heat from the warmer object to the cooler object as the cooler object can and does thermalize wave lengths from the warmer object that are lower (higher energy) than its own 15 micron LWIR black body emissions. What DSJ and some other people here seem to think is that the mere presence of a ice block in the vacuum room with the stone block should some how warm the stone block facing the ice block because the ice block is giving off more black body LWIR radiation than if it were not there. This is wrong. This would be a direct violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics and Conservation of Energy. Here the stone block can not warm due to the presence of the ice block unless the ice block also cooled due to the presence of the warm stone block. That can not happen. But what if the presence of the ice block makes the face of the stone block facing it cool faster? Again this is a violation of the Second Law. You are basically saying you expect cold to flow to warm. This does not happen and EM radiation also adheres to this Law. Quantum Mechanics explains this by saying that the lower energy wave lengths are either reflected or scattered away with out any thermalization.
  14. Manwon Lender

Videos/Photographs Paranormal

Here's one https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/328573-the-ghost-of-the-brown-lady/
  15. The King of England was Catholic. We were His subjects abroad. We didn't like being his subjects. Our founding was based on the desire to be free...not the desire to be spiritual. People have believed strongly in God for thousands and thousands of years...all over the planet. Not surprising that God made a showing in Government shrines. No one bled and died on the battlefields for anything 'spiritual'. They bled and died for Freedom.
  16. LightAngel

LightAngel

b6d1946d855fb9a597a968adf44161db.jpg

:lol:;)

17. Oh Sofu! There you are! Lurking while a Haidong Jurchen defends your culture? Must the Di do ALL your fighting?
  18. hacktorp

Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Trump brought up the topic of Greenland for a very specific reason, and, despite the remarks made by Denmark's PM, we will likely see serious discussion regarding its purchase by the US in the not-too-distant future. Greenland is a resource-rich and strategically valuable place for the US. There are also rumors of its use as a way-point for human-trafficking and movement of mercenary soldiers. If the EU continues to suffer from the collapse of globalist agenda (and it will), Denmark will likely be unable to afford administering Greenland. This sets the stage for the largest real estate deal Trump has ever done.
  19. and then

NZ and OZ have made a choice about how they want to live and I applaud them. I'm glad they feel secure in their choice and that it is working for THEM. Yep, another mass shooting is guaranteed, and another after that, and after that. Individuals who are either insane, evil or in a rage about their life. Your choice in OZ works because YOUR citizens WANTED IT. The majority of ours do not. When that changes, we have a way to change 2A left to us through our founding documents. The Constitution can be amended when enough citizens desire that change. You'll note that NO ONE on the Left have mentioned such a process. It's because they KNOW they are in the minority in a process that requires a supermajority so they want to use emotion, anger and shame and blame against people who've done nothing wrong. Maybe you'll be satisfied if the Left make a move to confiscate and it leads to mass violence. I'm sure that'll be beneficial for the the poor children.
  20. joc

The mummy overlord is back

Welcome Back!
  21. It was practiced by all the ethno-linguistic groups on the Eurasian Steppe. Turkic, Mongol, Iranian, Uralic, etc. Many PIE speakers. Including ones in Europe also used ceremonial cone shaped hats. I guess for those who couldn't grow "The Head". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_hat https://en.tengrinews.kz/science/Reconstruction-shows-how-ancient-Scythian-Princess-255482/
  22. I wasn't too sure where to post this, but in regards to the paranormal threads, I am curious as to if there are threads to view that have video recordings by members, or photos that anyone can link.
  23. openozy

I didn't give up all my firearms just the semi auto's as I can't see the need for them in hunting situations here,they are really meant for human combat imo,same as pistols.Luckily I live in a country where there is little use for these, unless you are an outlaw.Firearms to me are for procuring food for the pot,not killing school kids,but not everyone is nice like me .That's the point,thieves target homes just to steal guns that end up in the hands of cowards who reach for them instead of fighting like real men do at times,with their fists.
  24. When I talk about god being an idea. I don't think a lot of people understand what I mean, they just knee jerk react to it. As if it's offensive. Perhaps on some level it is. Even in the absence of a formal religious god, we worship ourselves, others or something abstract in some way, shape, or form. We seem to unconsciously seek a higher ideal.
  1. Load more activity