Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

The sad truth is that we are no clearer than we were before the vote, and any and all sides can take figures from the results to argue whatever case one wants.
  3. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

well if we are going to play around with the statistics... 23.2% of the vote is unknown as to their Leave (with or withour a deal) or Remain desires... the combined Labour and Conservative vote was the 23.2% share and this is the unknown factor.... as they probably voted out of loyalty to the party but may be Leave or Remain.... ? so your figures aren't wrong... so much as incomplete... something like that anyway... the whole thing is exhausting but that might be because I had a late night...
  4. Captain Risky

President Donald Trump was overheard telling Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe that if they worked together like two butt cheeks they could stop the $&%# coming outta North Korea. 

5. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

Labour, UKIP and Conservative were standing on a brexit policy using that logic leave got 57%.
  6. Place your (pretend) bets..

No, I completely ignore the on topic content because you're an arrogant and smug a*rse. You haven't explained what your peculiar theory is that I've changed my user name because i'm embarrassed at what I've said in the past, and I expect you're not going to now because you're going to sulk aren't you.
  7. Urantia Book Poll

I was just wondering, how many people in this thread have actually read the UB?
  8. Captain Risky

Not everything that counts can be counted. 

9. How is this "solved"? Can they explain what caused the humming? And if saying that they "never seen anything like this", doesn't that only raise more questions (like how can they be so sure)? And where is the actual evidence regarding the origination of the humming sound? What a weird story.
  10. No Oversword, I didn't intend to. The information is out there if you want to check it up, if not it makes no difference. I'm just pointing out that your version and Patterson's diverge.
  11. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I was claiming more of a tie to be honest. Anyway, would you like to point out what is wrong with those figures?
  12. Place your (pretend) bets..

Not a 'playground jibe' but a valid point shared by others as well as the poster currently known as Dumbledore the Awesome.
  13. The secret origin of the Liberal Democrats

It was a beautiful day for our summer fete. There was no other way to describe it other than 'heavenly'. All of the tents and the various stalls just shone beneath the high June sun. I remember, the sight of amassed jars of home-made jam drew you in, even if you didn't particularly like jam. And so I simply drifted among the funny scarecrows, the face-painted childeren, the toffee-apple chewing farmer's daughters. Sandals, beige shorts, neck-tied jumper and panama hat: the most comfortable combination of clothes I'd ever worn. For the longest time, I spoke with the guest of honour, TV science legend Johnny Ball. His daughter Zoe was unable to attend and -- though he could never have openly admitted it, least of all to himself -- you could tell he felt liberated. Having already opened the fete, he had no particular duties other than to fire off some high-altitude rockets which had been made by local school children. Plus, of course, his most important duty of all -- to thoroughly enjoy himself drinking our sublime Somerset cider, and all this to the Vicar regaling us all with Rogers and Hammerstein on the Mayor's piano, which had been carefully manoevred out onto the village green. The most important part of the day --it's a cliche of summer fetes, but let's not pretend it's not true!-- was the judging of the prize marrows. Perhaps it's not surprising that a row had broken out. Both of the judges were feudal land owners, but one argued that the size of a marrow must always be aspirational in nature, the other maintained that one should be happy simply with the ability to grow marrows in the first place. Everyone laughed at this good-natured rivalry. Everyone laughed except the local geography teacher. He looked increasingly haunted, eyes dark and mesmerised in a way no one could quite explain. What's more, he was muttering under his breath. Things like, _'I am a geography teacher and I work bloody hard. People should listen to me'._ Finally, his apparent nervous breakdown culminated in an act of unspeakable horror. He marched to the nearby field where the school children had arrayed their high-altitude rockets on their tiny launchpads. He laid his head across the biggest projectile and, pulling the trigger, shouted, "I AM THE MIDDLE WAY!" His head exploded instantly. The resulting wave of blood had a strange colour and consistency, though. It was like custard, but a very unappetizing custard, off-yellow like something sick and radioactive. And as his soul screamed from his body, it looked like a strange, abstract crow, made up of just nine black pieces. The creature swooped low above our heads, traumatising the elderly, knocking off the Mayor's wife's fascinater. A farmer tried to bring it down with his shotgun, but the demonic creature simply glided away through the suddenly dark atmosphere, worryingly bound for of London. It was a day no one from our small village will ever forget, least of all the nine year old boy whose rocket had been used to unleash the creature that would one day destroy England forever. And who would get a first prize ribbon from Johnny Ball.
  14. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I suppose so..... it's a political war of attrition and no one is backing down...
  15. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

Labour are pledging to block a 'no deal' Brexit..... but will the Tories elect a 'No Deal' leader and try and push it through somehow..?.... not sure if they can with the MPs in the H of Commons at the mo.. There are still dangers - because Thornberry et al... want the proposed 2nd referendum to include a Remain option... which would split the Leave vote and polarize the Remain vote... Unless by that time the Leave supporters are so p***** off with the shenanigans that there will be a victory for a No Deal Brexit anyway... ? all that is for the coming weeks / months... and other factors is the populist direction that much of the EU countries are going in and we still have the court case that is going to the High Court to try and prove that we did actually leave on March 29th... they seem to think they have a good chance of winning and then if they do the Govt will have to appeal the decision at the Supreme Court.. edit to add info... the nitty gritty about the case starts around 14:30... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w0Z1yy9mOo IMPORTANT UPDATE Brexit Betrayal Case 26 05 19
  16. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

Lol the Brexit party won the seats for a parliament they hate - fair dues to them But they made this a referendum on Europe and on that basis other analysis is for more than fair.
  17. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

If those figures are correct It is a good weekend - Brexit Party get nowhere near 40% some expected, though Farage's 2019 party did well to gain 4.1% points more than Farage's 2014 party. Ukip collapse SNP surge in Scotland Labour likely to tack to remain / referendum Some conservative MPs hint they'll bring down the government rather than allow no Deal Out and out WTO leavers only get 34.9% of the vote Remain / referendum out poll WTOers I heard on the TV last night but don't have the figures that Wales tilted remain. Tommy whatshisname comes bottom of the pile NI still to to be counted. all in all a good weekend.
  18. Dumbledore the Awesome

I've just seen an advert for the Model Shop in Ashford. Please yourself with a model for your collection, it says. Treat yourself or a friend. It isn't clear whether these are the kind of models that model lingerie, or like model cars and trains and planes and things. 

1. ouija ouija

ouija ouija

You do realise, don't you, that you are the only person who would even consider the possibility that they were referring to lingerie models? * rolls eyes *

19. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

and so it begins.... The Remain Camp trying to claim victory.... but this is in line with the Topsy Turvy world of modern politics where everything is turned on it's head..
  20. I don't believe you

You are as generous with your words, as with your money. Something I can certainly understand. You are more generous than Mormons, as they usually are required tithe only 10% of their income. Surely it's virtuous to be charitable to others in need, whether or not one does it for religious principles, or mandates. I approve!
  21. Today
  22. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

34.9% for a no deal, 36% for remain. Where's your 'vast majority' @stevewinn?
  23. Urantia Book Poll

The UB, and the ideology behind it, is a very good example for the ongoing development of the intellect of mankind. Ages ago people were told when the Moon covers the Sun, it’s a sign of god`s/the god`s anger. But as intellect developed, resulting into logic-based thinking and analysis processes, the most of us know better today and no virgins get scarified because of a Sun eclipse anymore (hopefully). Religion based writings like the UB, the Bible, the Quran and others where written to give an agenda to the masses not because of the aim to take fear away and/or to give answers to the open questions about life and existence in general, they were written because of a mission to establish and to fix the power of a superior community, ahead of the masses. The most of these writings are not friendly how-to manuals, written to the benefit of individuals. Millions of killed people (“in the name of God””) over at least the last 2k years (and: ongoing) are the sad proof that the mission was designed to be absolute and to strengthen the power and influence of the mission/s itself. The majority of humans is still prone for such missions/agendas because a weak mind needs guidance and ask for guidance as well, and that’s well known by the mission`s leaders. They are leading their business very well as their slaves are generally delighted to parrot the mission`s SOPs their whole life and, to spread them with pleasure as well. But, hopefully, we are living in the age of information where nearly everyone has access to an unlimited pool of real information, more and more people question things and do not blindly follow the claims of a few. And that’s what I mean with further development of the intellect of mankind. Members of this group have reached a higher level of insight/intellect, which is and will be to the benefit of mankind in future. And no, this isn’t an arrogant statement, it’s a statement based on facts.
  24. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

when Ann gets stuck into them at the EU Parliament they will be pushing us out of the door (deal or no deal)..... as fast as they can....... never mind the loss of revenue ....
  25. First UK crop circle of 2019 found

This one is a bit simplistic and imperfect... Not as impressive as they used to be. The tire tracks leading up to it leave little to the imagination.
  1. Load more activity