Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. You have no evidence that any of your fantasizing is real. To repeat myself yet again, there is only physics. There is no alien physics. There is no defying physics. It is also important to correct this fallacy: "if the military has .... you better believe they will tell you all they have is paper reports of nothing of interest" The telling of nothing but paperwork did not come from the military. Here is a logical fallacy: "For you or any talking head in here is to say that the military has no such evidences of unknown aerial crafts, you'd have to PROVE that." The burden is not to show something does not exist. The burden is to show something exists. Then this mistake is followed by a fallacy: "Y'all make I t sound like all they want to do is collect a pile of paper because they have nothing better to do. " No one suggests desires only what they did do. All Elizondo and his crew produced was piles of paper. There is no evidence for anything unusual in any of the reports produced by Elizondo's group.
  3. 85,000 Police investigated for misconduct

I think that right there is where the problems started. Trying to even the playing field has screwed up our whole society. Those who excel and are more qualified should hired no matter their skin colour or sex.
  4. Vlad the Mighty

WATCH TAYLOR SWIFT NOW!

5. GoldenWolf

Twitterati, lol.

6. Clearly he's part of the great LBTL werewolf massacre coverup and can't be trusted. Right down to the sarcastic "I'm not saying it was aliens" psuedo-disclaimers it sounds like.
  7. The Moon: Relic From Ancient Civilization

Things might have been different if the OP actually wanted to answer questions. I asked a few in post #67, so far no response. (Yes the OP have been back in the meantime)
  8. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

when it's running out mind wants more, afraid of dark but soul knows way home
  9. It would be disastrous... The little lies and half truths we tell each other are all that keep us from hating and despising those closest to us... "Honey, does this dress make me look fat?" "Do you mind if I go play some golf with my friends this weekend?" A person should always tell "big" truths, but little "white" lies are necessary to keep civilization going... That being said I would love to have one of these things record my dreams so I could play them back later and try to make sense out of the chaos...
  10. LightAngel

you-have-to-keep-breaking-your-heart-unt

Thoughtful quote if you understand it the right way! :)

11. Is this Atlantis ... at the coast of Spain?

It doesn't really matter if you believe me or not, the laws of physics doesn't care what you think either way. You might want to look up something called lapse rate.
  12. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

I can think of a better way to improve the NHS. Its called privatisation lol.
  13. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

I wasn't so I looked it up and just in case someone's too lazy to do the same, may I post it here? 'How Do I Love Thee? (Sonnet 43)' by Elizabeth Barrett Browning How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight For the ends of being and ideal grace. I love thee to the level of every day’s Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light. I love thee freely, as men strive for right. I love thee purely, as they turn from praise. I love thee with the passion put to use In my old griefs, and with my childhood’s faith. I love thee with a love I seemed to lose With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.
  14. Climate Change is a Hoax

http://www.aei.org/publication/18-spectacularly-wrong-predictions-made-around-the-time-of-first-earth-day-in-1970-expect-more-this-year-2/
  15. I had known about the situation for two years before they came up with this "solution". If you choose not to believe it, fine.
  16. A Staffordshire bull terrier cross has formed a special bond with a dog who navigates him around and helps him find his water bowl. Amos was born blind at a rescue centre and struggled to find a family. But Jess Martin, a 27-year-old who works in HR for the Cheshire Fire and Rescue service, fell in love with him when she was volunteering at the centre and adopted him in August last year. https://news.sky.com/story/blind-staffie-amos-has-own-guide-dog-who-never-leaves-his-side-11702946
  17. Climate Change is a Hoax

I see my efforts are wasted on you. At least, I have saved you a bunch of time doing the homework you should have done before posting that train wreck. One parting comment about the Heartland Institute: https://www.heartland.org/index.html If you check out their website, they list nothing but conservative whipping boys. They do not agree with ONE liberal issue. If a site were trying to be objective, they would find some good ideas on both sides of the political aisle. And if they were seriously doing research, they would develop ways to enhance and/or combine liberal and conservative issues. But everything they have on their site takes the conservative side of every issue. They do not even seem to be aware of issues like the carbon fee system, lumping it under the un-related carbon tax. They are a conservative political organization, not a science site. Doug
  18. YOU ARE BANNED (Part 7)

Banned for I promised to my teacher that I will try to keep my English British, for as long as I can. No, seriously. That extra o here and there isn't a problem, the accent is. It's much easier to mimic Americans.
  19. 85,000 Police investigated for misconduct

This article does not at all reflect what you described above. This is actually a good program that more communities might be better off implementing. And if there was a hiring freeze going on at the time, then perhaps the donations they received for the program made it possible to lift them to improve the department. Or perhaps a diverse police force is better than a non diverse one. Based on the information provided I'm having trouble seeing how anyone could have an issue with this.
  20. Opening gambits in EU / UK exit negotiations;

the Bus what a masterstroke that was, It really riled up the remainers and their still going on about it over two and half years later. Just look at the Brexiteers positive message on that bus it was basically saying look at all this money were sending to the EU lets spend it at home. lets spend it on say the NHS. - The remainers reaction to that was, No don't spend all that money on the NHS lets keep handing it over Brussels, lets improve the roads in Poland, lets install new sewers in Bulgaria. pathetic. It was nice to see that the Chancellor in the budget honour the bus aspiration, by increasing NHS spending by £350million a week for the years 2018/2024. obviously were not crashing out with Brexit were cashing in. were paying £350 million and still have more on top. £21.2Bn more a year. But lets also acknowledge that the UK economy as continued to grow every single quarter since the vote to leave. The experts / the remainers told us the economy was meant to decline by minus -8% when in fact its grown by 4.6% the experts got it wrong by a staggering 12.6%. But fear Not @Setton the UK contributions for 2018 was £21.2bn. and just remember this when this country faced austerity, our payments to the EU never altered, not one single penny less went to the EU. no the British Govt seen fit to borrow every single penny of the £19bn to hand over to the EU, so when you was crying on here about the schools budgets getting cut, the EU was rubbing its hands. we could've put anything on the side of that bus. trouble was we'd have needed an entire fleet of buses, lets spend the money on education, lets spend it on the Police. trouble was the remainers couldnt have a bus with lets keep sending it to Europe. UK contributions to the EU this year estimated to be £22.1Bn. + £11.4Bn (VAT) wow. So with you being a remainer i challenge you get a bus and the side put them figures with lets send it to Brussels instead.
  21. UFO sightings

The photos were faked. A tin pie plate hanging in a tree.
  22. Climate Change is a Hoax

Five articles already published. Four dealing with forest modelling; one identifies an ice storm signature. Fifteen published chronologies; fifteen extended abstracts. One article in press (The tree-planting article has been accepted for publication and is awaiting a publication date.). Perhaps I made this sound too simple. First, I derived a growth model for southwest ponderosa pine, based on Barrett's site index model, using Minor's site index data. I then added my own data to it to fuse the two datasets into one. I then compared ten different planting techniques - control, scalping, black plastic, polymer, ScalpPlastic, ScalpPolymer, PlasticPolymer and all three together, plus double polymer and weed barrier. I then developed height, diameter and mortality models for each, as well as a model combining all three. Final article size: 5550 words. Current projects: a study of eastern red-cedar invasion of post oak stands. A theoretical paper on slopover plots, with which I hope to solve the slopover problem permanently (So far, it's over 8000 words and still growing), a study of carbon sequestration in leaf litter and a model for assessing the effects of crooks in tree stems on the recoverable volume as the tree grows. I may be put in charge of updating and renovating a shortleaf pine study. That will involve five years of mostly-outdoor work. All that will take until I retire, so I'm not looking for more. I obtained my Ph.D. in 2013 and started my research career at that time. That's why I havce so few articles. That Democratic Party plank was an extremely-minor project. Took less than a day from beginning to end. BTW: typical production from people like me is about two articles per year, that is, if all they do is their own research projects. I spend a lot of time working on other people's projects, so that digs into my output a bit. Doug
  23. Thread closed for moderator review
  24. Ghost messes up sheets

Help! I just woke up and have a similar issue. There's ectoplasm all over my sheets! I guess I've been visited by ghosts also!
  25. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will never pass away. 36No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so will it be at the coming of the Son of Man.…
  1. Load more activity