Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thats possible, i admitted. But say were talking about Bill Gates. Just because there are other Bills out there who wear glasses, and others who found computer companies, and others that are billionaires, and others who are philanthropists, doesnt mean Bill Gates is a conglomeration. Didn't Jesus Ben Stadia die in Lydia (Turkey), and around a hundred year after Jesus? And wasnt his association with Jesus contrived? He isnt recorded as being Jesus Ben Stadia, but simply Ben Stadia. Wasnt the "Jesus" tag added much later by people trying to link their executions? Jesus Ben Ananias was killed decades after Jesus died. This is way after Paul wrote his letters. And after the traditions of the Last Supper had been instituted. Why do a last supper if there never was an execution? So again we got a fellow supposedly being pulled into the mythology, who did what he did way after the mythology was cemented.
  3. While this is undoubtedly motivated by Trump's actions, I think reading into that an implication that the Democrats want to Epstein him is taking it a bit too far. Just my opinion, of course. ~ Link (formerly PA)
  4. So, right there youve linked Josephus and the High Priests. True, when Josephus wrote his Antiquities that link was long over, but its still not unreasonable to assume his loyalties lay with portraying the priesthood in a good light, rather than the upstart Christisns. Josephus was not known to he Christian, and some say he was likely an observant Jew up till his death. Oh, and I don't think James counts as an Apostle. He's described as the leader of the Jerusalem church. Which is a poweful position in the early hierarchy, but doesn't necessarly show he went around evangelizing. I'd not, myself, argue the point of how many. I think the point that there were people spreading Chritianity, who claimed to be in Apostolic Succession, recorded only decades after Jesus' death, is pretty clear evidence of an organized group of disciples. Going back to being taught by Jesus himself. If most of the Apostles had been like Paul, in their origin, I think the Gospels themselves would have been written differently. Paul, for example, doesn't write a Gospel. And it seems clear he didnt think he was good enough, and had to go present himself to James/the Church in Jerusalem to be inducted into that position. We dont hear of anything like that from any other Apostle. So... No real way to know. Even Josephus is only known through copied texts, yeah? Texts that could have been altered in innumerable ways when copied, yeah? Josephus was a Jew, who sold out to the Romans, yes? Even taking the emperors name as part of his own? No chance he'd be bias against an upstart messianic cult? With someone as the Messiah, that he didnt recognize as such... So, we know these "magic tricks" could be done. And if we assume Jesus was maybe the best magician of his generation... Still no need for multiple individuals. A Jewish Messiah whos religion/cult is growing crazy fast. No threat there to the priestly/scholarly classes... Politics has always been in religion, and politics often trumps truth in history. i still dont see a need for Jesus to be a tar baby. Isnt the simplist solution often the most likely correct? Paul, who supposedly was active from the 40s into the 50s, on his various travels? 15 to 20 years after Jesus' death, and thats not soon enough to estsblish this as an original Christian practice? But we do have John quoting Jesus saying... And... Thus eating of bread. Bread that is Jesus. Bread that is eternal. It goes back to if any other Jewish magicians instituted anything similar? Thus showing much of the latter part of the Gospels is likely from the "real" Jesus, and not simply attached later. No one in their right mind, in a Roman occupied world, would chose to add cannibalism to a developing religion. Unless it was a major part from the very beginning.
  5. Abramelin

Quick Email question

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/
  6. No I haven't. I told you what the doctors probably did. He had severe burns over most of his body. They most likely put him into a medically induced coma because pain killers wouldn't help. He was taken to a burn center. Not a hospital. And no need to thank me. I'm not a doctor.
  7. Wepwawet

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

I doubt this "stick" was ever there in the first place, probably just a trick of the very murky light. However, on the hypothetical assumption of it having been there because Vyse "forged" the entire inscription, including the "stick", because he did not know that a cartouche should not have a "stick" running through it, I wonder if Vyse really could not know what a cartouche should look like. Had Vyse, for instance, ever seen the Rosseta Stone with it's clear cartouches, or any other cartouches that litter many of the extant monuments, accessible in his time, not least obelisks, had Vyse never seen an obelisk, or any monument where the cartouches were visible. What places in Egypt is it known that Vyse visited before discovering these chambers in G1, is it reasonable, or unreasonable, to suggest that even if he could not read what it said, he may well have known what a cartouche should look like, and not need some ludicrous "secret cache" to go by. So, if Vyse had already seen cartouches, and that is of course also an assumption, if he was going to forge one why would he make such a glaring error, and why would he paint the inscription upside down, something that while debated, has not been adequately addressed by those accussing Vyse of forging the inscription.
  8. Monkey see monkey do. That is spirituality and life. Sigh.
  9. I think you're trying to create conflict where no conflict was ever intended to begin with. I simply said, "Once paramedics arrived he was more than likely injected with pain killer and never felt anything from there on." and you've gotten really nasty.
  10. Interesting like Jackson Pollock writing Waiting for Godot
  11. Duke Wellington

Stopping Illegal immigrants

Criticise Brexit and Tories if you want. But come on, you really cannot be that naïve to believe the Labour Party of all parties will cut immigration. Its the most pro immigrant party going, it will open the flood gates as it always has.
  12. Setton

Stopping Illegal immigrants

Regarding the bold, this is a common misconception when politicians say "small boats". We're not talking about rubber dinghies. These small boats are solid vessels that carry 50-100 people easily. Then when without sight of land, they dump out the refugees and leave them for the coast guard/navy to pick up. And all the rest of the above is being done. The problem is the answer is huge international crime rings, mostly not based in the UK. And why would France go out of their way and spend a fortune to help us when we've spent most of the last decade p***ing them off?
  13. Ground control to Major Tom. take your protein pills and put your helmet on.
  14. Are you really that ignorant or are you just trolling again? Because this is a terrible thing to be acting like that about.
  15. Guyver

An unusual dream

You are a strong person whose internal soul and external gifts have not yet been fully realized, but you are on the right path.
  16. Absolute b******s. In reality, it's the extreme right and Islamist extremists that have more in common through their violent anti-Semitism. Keep in mind there hasn't been a single left wing terrorist attack in the UK to date. The Tories like Frost just don't like being reminded that the fastest growing terrorist threat in the UK probably votes for them.
  17. I'm not a doctor. No need to get wise. Just be glad you never knew someone who suffered severe burns. And for what he did, he was burned over most of his body. He just went up in flames.
  18. Exactly my point. Yet for years, the pro-Israel lobby, and Israel itself, has tried to conflate one with the other.
  19. Today
  20. Jon Ellison

The Nelson's Chamber Cartouche

I would also consider the drawings with the stick to be closest to the original first generation drawing. Some subsequent generations having omitted the "stick", including the wall painting. The modern photo of the wall painting clearly demonstrates an absence of "stick". Are you claiming that a hypothetical stick which is no longer there somehow selectively faded leaving the rest of the artwork intact?
  21. Be happy about that. It is possible now to put a severe burn patient into a medically induced coma, which I hope they did for him.
  22. OpenMindedSceptic

App to cut EU border queues won't be ready in time - BBC News

Holiday in the UK for a year. The EU seem v bitter about the UK leaving still and their petty actions mean we should consider alternatives. I think it'd take just 12 months before they beg us to return for holidays. Come on UK, 1 year in UK and then review the situation.
  1. Load more activity