Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Trelane

Atlanteans

Short sighted indeed. So extensive digs in the area by different scientists is short sighted? Ok, sounds good pal. Once you or anyone can provide one shard of hard evidence that Plato's fabled civilization existed there, I'll listen. Until then I'm inclined to listen more to the experts who did the hard work there. Broader picture of what? An inability to accept that premise was false, demonstrated to be false and yet still trying to fit the square peg in the round hole? That certainly is your MO Cookie.
  3. Since most American flags are made in China. Burn away.
  4. Duke Wellington

Atlanteans

Your links are short sighted and attempts to evade taking into account the broader picture.
  5. Exactly my point. You can't defend the second one but object to the first. Got any examples of people being charged with hate crime for burning a flag?
  6. Duke Wellington

Atlanteans

In your opinion, and thank you for contributing with your stance. I happen to think it is the remains of the city of Atlantis, and the claim that only one account of Atlantis exists is clearly wrong. We not only have the Eye of the Sahara, its geology and location and dimensions all matching Plato`s story, but a lot of legends referring to Atlantis all pointing to the same area. Its Atlantis.
  7. Trelane

Atlanteans

Don't be confused Cookie. Just back to the first page and you'll wee where i linked to pages that speak about archaeological research done in the area and what they found.
  8. Of course spoon feeding you information isn't fraud. I'm being honest here! Well, yeah. I never said the yowling was fraud. I said the yowling was funny given that the fraud was conducted for the yowlers benefit. You'll want to read the article to see a description of the fraud. (Reading is where you see those funny symbols and interpret them into words, since you seem to be having trouble with the concept and execution.) What I said was "Amusingly enough, too, the person yowling the most about fraud and asking for recounts was the person for whom the fraud was being conducted." Stevenson was the person for whom the fraud described in the article was being conducted. The article describes quite a lot of fraud that was found, prosecuted, and the fraudsters convicted thereof.
  9. Trelane

Atlanteans

It's a bit unnecessary though. Really. "who knows but the area it lies in was certainly part of the realm of the Atlanteans." The story/fable of Atlantis as interpreted by maps? No. One source and one original source only, Plato's description. Beyond the Pillars. Not south and in the middle of the desert. This is madness. Where is PG and his freakin meter? We need that in here too for this speculative gobbledygook.
  10. Hi Guyver I can't say I have a need to feel loved or wanted and just go with there are some who do love me sublime as that love may be.
  11. CrimsonKing

Revisiting God Constructs

Sounds somewhat similar to myself... I try and always put myself in others shoes first,Internet changed the way we converse. Too easy now days to condemn,pass judgement,and self diagnose others without being face to face,or hell even hearing the change in their voice during a conversation. Had a point once where I forgot how to laugh for about a year and a half,too much s*** at at once...not even depression,not sure what you would have called it... Too anyone,never go too long without laughter!
  12. The Puzzler

Atlanteans

Its about getting around what HE was saying, what he interpreted into a “true story”, which the Greeks sucked up mythology for breakfast, he hated that…so he takes a mythology, inserts it into a true story, well, truth of 2nd century Greece….mocking it…so it seems to me then, it is a historic truth, put into a myth, that he brings the true story out of….that’s what he’s doing, from the mention of Greeks all being children, not knowing, all entwined in some mythological crap, the Athenians or at least the Athena cult, have come from Lake Tritonis, possibly via Samothrace and Lemnos.
  13. 18 Comedy Films That Modern Society Won’t Let You Chuckle At (msn.com) Humor that once brought uproarious joy and approval may now be deemed inappropriate or offensive by today’s standards. In light of this, we look at a selection of once brilliant comedy films, which, given the current cultural climate, are unlikely to see the light of production or elicit the same laughter they once did—unless you fondly recall growing up with them.
  14. Unfortunately he’s not the first either. Others have sold their souls for paychecks as well.
  15. Military releases footage of Israeli Air Force control room amid Iranian attack The military releases footage from the Israeli Air Force’s control room at the IDF’s underground headquarters, as the first interceptions of the Iranian missiles and drones were carried out early Sunday. According to the IDF, Iran’s attack comprised 170 drones, 30 cruise missiles and 120 ballistic missiles — 99% of which were intercepted by air defenses. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/military-releases-footage-of-israeli-air-force-control-room-amid-iranian-attack/ Too bad there's no sound to the footage. I would've loved to know what they were all saying.
  16. Of course I do! From the article above. Now, you can say "Thanks for spoon feeding me information from the article that was just posted", but I'll settle for "Thanks".
  17. Antigonos

Atlanteans

It’s also not a new notion, just another recycled idea.
  18. IDF says it eliminated Hezbollah commander in Lebanon airstrike The IDF says it eliminated the commander of Hezbollah’s coastal region in an airstrike today. Ismail Yousef Baz, whose rank is equivalent to a brigade commander, was targeted in a drone strike in the town of Ain Baal, near Tyre. https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-says-it-eliminated-hezbollah-commander-in-lebanon-airstrike/
  19. Trelane

Atlanteans

Yes, thanks for the clarification. A legend that as I pointed out 8 pages ago, never existed there. 🧐 There are plenty of other threads you can contribute to that give you the latitude for the notion of fictional civilizations. This one was started under the (false) pretense that the Richat Structure is Atlantis. It is not.
  20. Kittens Are Jerks

Muslim student loses legal challenge over school's 'prayer ban'

I attended an all-girls private school that had roots in the Anglican tradition. I'm Jewish on my mother's side, Anglican on my father's, although no one in my family is religious. If anything, they have an extreme distaste for it. I made my first (and only) bomb threat at the age of five when I found out the school had weekly prayer services. I did not know at the time that attendance was non-compulsory, and threatened to blow up the prayer assembly hall if I was forced to attend. Although the school has a faith-based component to it, it's largely secular in nature. And to its credit all students are encouraged to share their beliefs, customs and traditions. Prayer services are not restricted to those of the Anglican Church. There were Jewish, Muslim, Greek Orthodox, and other services as well, and all students participated. It fostered an environment of respect and understanding, and never during my time there were there any issues due to religious differences. And that may have been because the only prayers permitted outside the assembly hall were 'generic' ones like "Oh please God, help me get through chemistry."
  21. Antigonos

Atlanteans

The realities of modern day archaeology, geology, geography and knowledge of ancient history are being ignored to keep an old fantasy and misunderstanding of Plato’s allegory alive.
  22. Sweet Christmas. The things you say sometimes are truly astounding. On several levels. So the DE didn't observe the stars because they were "scared of the dark" you say....? Wow. While true day vs night did have practical and religious significance which daytime was favored for several reasons, obviously at least some intrepid few for thousands of years were not too "scared of demons" to systematically poke their heads out of a window and stare at the stars for long periods of time night after night which there are numerous examples of these observations in one form or another going back to predynastic times. The PT is filled with astronomical observations, their very beliefs revolve around it, and by the FIP and MK they were making full blown star charts. Decoding the Star Charts of Ancient Egypt The star motif found in the pyramid of Unas goes back to the time Djoser right through to the NK:
  23. Michelle

Trump to announce 2024 run

How did I know you were going to defend Obama. What situation was Obama in when he misspoke?
  24. The Puzzler

Atlanteans

OK, you’re right. It’s not on topic. It’s OK, I know where the Start New Topic button is….but staying here and relating it to OP is better because people are already here, reading it, and as I just said…the areas mentioned with the Diodorus texts DO encompass the areas around the Richat Structure. From the Atlas Mountains out to the Atlantic Islands, through the Mauritanian Desert, down to the Rivers Senegal and Gambia, it encompasses it all. Richat might not show signs of it anymore, who knows but the area it lies in was certainly part of the realm of the Atlanteans.
  1. Load more activity