Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Mankind

Mankind is a barely domesticated animal with a birth defect called consciousness.
  3. "Margaret Gallagher has lived off-grid for almost 80 years. "When she was was born - near the Irish border in County Fermanagh in 1942 - it was not unusual for families to live without electricity and running water. "Margaret's neighbours only began to update their homes in the late 1940s and 1950s. But her family missed the opportunity to join the trend due to her mother's death, when Margaret was 10, and her father's ill health. "Now aged 77, she is one of few elderly people in the UK and Ireland who have lived their entire lives off-grid." Feature article with video at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-48202236
  4. Is this cthulhu?

Until now i only delve the idea this is an unknown creature. But i can be aliens and the structures on the picture is a portal. The satellite picture is from 2009. From 1998 to 1999 on the old satellite pictures from "google earth pr"o it is visible (despite poor quality) that the geographie of this ridge changed. Maybe in this years the portal opened and since then the divisions of aliens stream into our world. I think at first this aliens only watch how our system works. But they dont understand it because it is very "kafkaesk". In the middleages you can see the castle of the king but today the towers of a laces producer is hugher than the parlament. But i dont like this theory because the medias create a strong illusion and we cant react against them only a strong military dictature can this in my opinion.
  5. Abortion exceptions

You tell me... 1.559M of the 6.138M pregnancies in 2011 were women who were non-cohabiting. (25%) 1.216M of the 1.559M non-cohabiting pregnancies in 2011 were unintended. (78%) 675K of the 1.216M non-cohabiting, unintended pregnancies in 2011 ended in abortion. (56%) 675K non-cohabiting abortions accounted for 58% of the 1.167M abortions in 2011. Take out the 15-19 age group from the non-cohabiting group, you get the following updated info... 985K of the 1.559M non-cohabiting pregnancies in 2011 were adult women. (63%) Overall, 985K of 6.138M (16%) 786K of the 985K adult, non-cohabiting pregnancies in 2011 were unintended. (80%) 512K of the 786K adult, non-cohabiting unintended pregnancies in 2011 ended in abortion. (65%) 512K adult, non-cohabiting abortions accounted for 76% of all non-cohabiting abortions in 2011. Overall, 512K of 1.167M (44%) By contrast and for reference, married women... 3.084M of the 6.138M pregnancies (50%) 731K of the 3.084M pregnancies were unintended (24%) 168K of the 731K unintended pregnancies ended in abortion (23%) 168K married abortions accounted for 14% of the 1.167M abortions in 2011. Add to this the CDC statistics from 2011... 53.7% of all reported abortions were first time abortions. 46.3% were at least the second. 9.3% were on their third one or more. These are not my statistics and I willingly admit they don't drill down to the immediate behavior. And to be clear, mine isn't a statement of judgment, I'd just prefer to discuss reality over rhetoric. I don't know about you, but the 80% unintended pregnancy rate and the 65% abortion rate of those unintended pregnancies, which covers a half-million abortions in a single year, I'd conclude that "small minority, not normal, or not likely" are naive or unaware. Especially when feminism has been conditioning young women on free love since the early 70's. Over 100K abortions in 2011 were the third or more...pretty stark, yes? And not to worry, I'll get to the dudes in the next post. Links for above data... https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1506575 (Table 1) https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6311a1.htm?s_cid=ss6311a1_w (Table 19)
  6. Mankind

All life is sacred, or no life is sacred. It is only the human race that discusses the rights and the wrongs, the good and the bad, the moral and the immoral - the just an the unjust. It is the history of humankind that has tried to make things black and white, trying to conjure up order out of chaos, trying to invent rules where there aren't any. The dynamic balance of nature is something that we are all subjugated to, no matter how much the environmentalists are so "worried about the planet". If there is anything where the concern really is - it is for the future of the "human race", not the planet. Nature has this wonderful way of balancing itself out - something dies in order for something else to live, something gains advantage over another thing - but all of this is not permanent - what is up will be down and what is down will be up. Humans have choices that most other animals don't - and like any other thing - when given a choice - things can go either way. Give a man a hammer - and he will build a house. Give another man a hammer - and he'll smack the first one over the head with it. Don't give a man a hammer at all? Yes, that’s an option too. However, who has the authority, and I mean - really has authority to bestow or withhold man's freedoms to him or from him, respectively? It is not man that has that authority. There is one "intermediate agent of balance" that equalizes all - and that is nature. However, it is only man that has the audacity and arrogance to raise himself above nature and think that he can do better, that there is a degree of authority over nature that he has that is higher than that of any other species. But still, in this capacity also - he is natural. All that man has - is more options - but in the whole of nature he is of no more worth than the single bacterium on a speck of dust.
  7. So moving, I nearly left my perching limb, To fly down to earth, without my wings. Birds of a feather are we, Unknown to thee, but not to me. The mystery that holds us apart, Only to part what we hold so dear, One is the truth, the other untrue. To be an exception to the rule, Tis the standard with which to measure. Believe not what you believe, rather, Believe that which is unbelievable. Pettytalk!
  8. I don't believe you

(Ive explained all this to sherapy many times I can do so for you I certainly am in the top 5% or so of income brackets (for the world) and also in the top 5 or 10% of wealthiest people But so are most westerners. Ive explained to sherapy that my income was not limited to teaching. Ive also shown how using the Australian tax system every dollar you give to a Charity becomes a deduction in the next year, which can be reinvested, One example of extra income. When we married in 1976 I purchased a small farm block for 20000 dollars partly using a small inheritance from one of my wife's aunts I did a lot of work on it during my holidays and sold it a few years later for $40000. I invested that in our home on a small acreage (which we had been renting for some years) which we bought from a farmer during a period of hardship when their interest rates were 22% i paid 40000 for the house which when it burned down, about 15 years later, was insured for 175000 dollars plus 40000 dollars for the land. I then purchased an investment property for $275000 dollars This did not appreciate so well but brought in a tax free income of around 300 a week and was negative geared against other income We sold it for 275000 and purchased our retirement house for $225000 Meanwhile of course i was paying superannuation all my teaching career, which reached about half a million dollars on retirement We spent very little, never going on holidays, and buying clothes etc second hand Plus we have had substantial inheritances including about 50000 from my wife's parents, and 100000 from mine We were given 40000 dollars in donations after the fire We also had the use of my wife's parents pensions as their guardians while we looked after them 24/7 for over 5 years. This helped us support their grand kids and great grand children who lived with us for about 5 years while they were homeless There is probably other income and assets as well, but as you can see, giving away a million dollars was easy if you dont want to own a lot of material and disposable things (oh yea when AMP went public i sold my shares for about $10000, before the y collapsed) When i started teaching my wage was exactly $5200 a year, which happened to be the cost of the first car i bought new (a1974 orange ford falcon panel van fitted out with an esky/cooler and storage space for camping ) And yes we didnt have much money in the first year or two. Our double bed cost 5 dollars, our table was a fold down card table and we sat on two plastic caroma stools BUT wages went up fast in teaching I also was paid as a senior teacher /counsellor for over a decade which was quite a lot extra. BY the time i retired, salaries were well over $100000 a year for a teacher and significantly more for senior teachers rents were minimal in teacher housing in whyalla In the country they were also very low in farm houses, and water and firewood were free on the farm We consistently gave away about 25% of our salary yet lived a very comfortable and rich life, lacking for nothing we needed Most of the million dollars would have accrued in the later years And only a small proportion in the first few years i was teaching.
  9. Dora Ruth Smith

http://charleyproject.org/case/dora-ruth-smith Dora was last seen in April of 1977 at her Alabama home. She left the house in the middle of the night without her essentials (keys, dentures, purse etc) and was seen by her husband entering a truck. In 2003, Dora's home was being renovated and a letter was found, along with 200 dollars under the wallpaper in the bathroom. It said ""They are trying to take my food away and kill me. Please help me." Her husband was suspected of killing her, but a body was never located.
  10. Given a choice between discussing the evidence and making up an inane parlour game, Creighton goes for the parlour game. Imagine my surprise. M.
  11. I don't believe you

If god told you, then you've got mental problems.
  12. Well then he shouldn't send emails telling people they will be sent another email. But never mind. I will bow out now!
  13. Well done! So you spotted my deliberate mistake - and hence proved my point! If I get Neville mixed up with his father Joseph, then I can't possibly know anything about anything, and especially not Apollo. I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist it. Of course, you are not going to believe a word of what I have just written ...
  14. Lady Arbuthnot's Chamber (Question)

Hi SWoH, Further to my previous post, here's something you can try at home - a little experiment if you like. (Indeed, you can all try this). Get about 50 sheets of A4 paper. Copy some hieratic signs onto the pages. Find the darkest room in your house (a cellar would be ideal). Affix the 50 pages to three of the walls, placing them no higher than 3 feet. Turn all the lights off and ensure the room is pitch black. Give two family members (or friends) a lit candle each. Tell them to enter the darkened room with their candle (closing the door behind them). Ask them to search the walls (no higher than three feet) for signs of any strange markings in, let's say, 15 minutes. When they exit, ask them if they noticed any strange markings on the walls. Try the experiment a number of times with different people. I'd be surprised in the extreme if a single one of your family or friends reported back to you that they found nothing on the walls. Try it. SC
  15. "Fire safety experts warn many of the 1,700 buildings identified as "at risk" in England are likely to fail new tests into cladding and building materials. "Hospitals, schools, nursing homes and tower blocks are among buildings which could be under threat, BBC 5 live Investigates has learned. "The government said it will monitor the test results this summer to decide if any immediate action needs to be taken." Full report at the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48387380 Or listen at BBC Radio (if available in your region): https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005fgl Nobody wants to pay for putting it right. "The government will fully fund the replacement of unsafe aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding on high-rise private residential properties where building owners have failed to do so "Communities Secretary the Rt Hon James Brokenshire MP calls time on “reckless” building owners who have refused to take action "New funding estimated at £200 million to ensure this work takes place urgently." At HM Gov: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-to-fund-and-speed-up-vital-cladding-replacement
  16. My thoughts on aliens

You know, free energy and anti-grav the alyenz have.
  17. Religion versus Fiction

Have you lost track of what you're arguing, or it just me? I don't think a real Daenerys commands real dragons; compare Pope Francis who professes that a real Michael battles a real dragon, Satan. There is a difference between these two mental states, and the difference is not subtle. Even if I were wasting my time, and Pope Francis is wasting his, only one of those wastings would be of any interest to atheists as atheists. Also, the phrase "suspension of disbelief," at least in American English, refers only to mental stances like mine relative to GOT, and not to what Francis professes about his own mental state relative to heavenly politics. (Nor, on the off chance that Francis is uncandid about his real beliefs, does the phrase refer to hypocrisy, either). Aside: I gave him one of mine on your behalf
  18. Theresa May to resign on 7 June

Boris is a very machiavellian character to the point its like the book `The Prince` is his mantra. He even acts as the scruffy jester to divert attention away from him so people think he isn't a threat. We cannot trust a word that comes out of the guys mouth and he is very slippery. He is the type to say he will give us a Hard Brexit then find a reason to make it fail so it turns into a soft one. I dont trust him, and I dont want him as PM. He is missing personal integrity.
  19. Tommy Robinson standing for MEP

I'll take that as a .... 'no' we appear to have a communication problem.... never mind ....
  20. Theresa May to resign on 7 June

Does he do his hair that way on purpose?
  21. Rusia must release detained Ukrainian sailors

Thats getting out of hand: russian propaganda presents chinese firefighters as their own. Russians still have some place ahead of North Korea... (at 2:48, in Russian)
  22. Humans have the privilege of choosing abortion versus life. Humans have the privilege to discuss "when is life - life" and "when is life - a non-sentient clump of cells". This easily plugs into the whole "what is moral to eat and what is not moral to eat" saga. At the end of all this moralizing - all I see is just a whole lot of hypocrisy and a call to conflict (nothing new for humans) - however - nature is laughing AND moving on! When it comes to abortion - yes, some mothers will abuse the choice they have and use abortion as a form of post-coital birth control instead of pre-coital birth control. Some other mothers will be denied the right to abortion and it will cost them (and their baby) - their life. Those are the extreme ends of that spectrum. Along the middle - there will be countless cases where it's a good thing, it's a bad thing - it could have been avoided - it shouldn't have been avoided. I agree with you that mankind is disturbing, but it is disturbing to itself. It is only mankind that has pioneered hypocrisy and contempt towards itself. It is only mankind who has for some reason given itself the role of the "steward of nature" - thinking that when it speaks on behalf of itself - it speaks for the whole of universe. What arrogance!
  23. Based on what evidence, Creighton? You said that you were going to talk about Vyse’s journal—not his published work, his journal: what he wrote day by day, on the spot, in Egypt—yet you’ve shown us not one image of it and quoted not one word of it. Why is that? Why have you fallen back on the published work? I think we know. Clue: M.
  24. I think you mean Neville Chamberlain.
  25. Theresa May to resign on 7 June

Thats the official place to do speeches outside 10 Downing Street. In all fairness she is the only PM that has blubbered on her way out, but she is female so we can forgive her for that. It must have been quite stressful for her seeing that she has been the most unluckiest PM yet. She didnt really get a chance to make her mark.
  26. The forum owner says he doesn't send confirmation emails: I don't send emails when accounts are approved since I have no way to know if a new user is really just a bot collecting my email address. The forum gets around 20-30 new users per month. Most of them are obviously spammers so I reject them. The rest are usually ambiguous enough that I am gambling when I approve them... they could be legit users or they could be spammers.
  1. Load more activity