Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Animal Lifespans

It just goes to show how long some animals are capable of living for. That is if they can keep away from trophy hunters etc.
  3. Climate Change is a Hoax

Doug-splains it: "If a scientific journal publishes political tripe, it gets the reputation for publishing political tripe and scientists quit subscribing to it. It goes out of business. The only way it can stay in business is to publish the best-quality scientific work it can." No Doug, when scientific journals publish global warming articles based on bad science some pseudo-scientists get to continue sucking on the grant teat and sit in their offices clacking on taxpayer funded computers.
  4. Really? I don't see - as an example, Stereologist, buying into the notion that many people saw the "carpenter's square" shaped UFO in the skies over Phoenix. He denies that Here's my criterion... If you have a few eyewitnesses (3, 4, or more) that can clearly be seen as NON connected (to prevent collusion) and all such witnesses report seeing the same thing at the same time, then it has to be truth that they speak. Period. You just can't get several people to sporadically decide to pull a prank on police and make a fake report AND have the report be of the same object. It just doesn't happen. So all the UFO reports with multiple eyewitnesses are real - Phoenix lights, Battle Over LA, Washington DC UFO flap, Cleveland Ohio, and many many more. Luckily, people's *original* statements - such as in Phoenix lights are preserved.
  5. "Daily demonstrations have been taking place outside Anderton Park Primary School in Birmingham but Friday's was the largest - and angriest - so far. "Flyers had been sent around the local community encouraging people to join protests against the school "brainwashing" children that "it's okay to be gay". "One man told Sky News he had joined the crowd because "homosexuality is a heinous, horrible thing". Another said homosexuality is "not acceptable for us lot"." Full report at Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/angry-protests-continue-over-birmingham-schools-okay-to-be-gay-brainwashing-11722537 At the Huffington Post: https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/row-over-lgbt-lessons-erupts-between-protesters-outside-birmingham-primary-school_uk_5ce2793fe4b00e035b93e210?
  6. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

polar bears have none while some swine dine gold-plated cake instead of bread
  7. {un}holy haiku - 3rd Edition

vying to survive hungry children clutch their bowls polar bears have none
  8. Women are losing mother side?

I was watching something the other day that said, the more religious a country, the more violent and unfair it was. This was focused on the abrahamic religions though.
  9. Women are losing mother side?

I think there is stats somewhere agreeing with that. Along with atheists being more generous. https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/nonreligious-children-are-more-generous https://www.livescience.com/20005-atheists-motivated-compassion.html
  10. I really want to see this. Trailer and name kind of reminded me "Bubba Ho-Tep" and that's one of my favorite movies ever.
  11. Climate Change is a Hoax

If a scientific journal publishes political tripe, it gets the reputation for publishing political tripe and scientists quit subscribing to it. It goes out of business. The only way it can stay in business is to publish the best-quality scientific work it can. Doug
  12. I like "C" movies. For example: Plan 9 from Outer Space, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Surf Nazis Must Die.
  13. Word Association from the Last Letter

revolve -> encircle
  14. tcgram

Got one day down of physical therapy; mostly checking my strength and overall range of motion.   Did my first sets of exercises at home and already my shoulder feels tired..  

1. Eldorado

Eldorado

Ond day at a time!  Onwards and upwards! :st

2. XenoFish

XenoFish

Better a slow start than none at all. Take it easy and listen to your body. 

15. Nigel Farage’s undisclosed ‘lavish’ gifts

His minders aren't doing too well at their jobs... "Nigel Farage has been hit with a milkshake in Newcastle city centre, after a spate of similar incidents against far-right candidates in the European elections campaign. "The Brexit party leader appeared to be furious after the incident and was heard to mutter “it’s a complete failure, you could have spotted that a mile” as his security team led him away." At the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/20/nigel-farage-doused-with-milkshake-in-newcastle At the Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7049597/Nigel-Farage-pelted-MILKSHAKE-European-election-tour.html You could spot it a mile away but it still hit him. lol
  16. Climate Change is a Hoax

Quoting Doug's lastest nugget "When it comes to climate science, the news media are not at all reliable. The peer-reviewed journal article is still the gold standard of scientific truth." That was true when the peer-reviewed journals were not politicized and when the study funding came from sources not trying to monetize an issue.
  17. Here's a good one. link * UAPs = Unidentified Ariel Phenomena The U.S. government came a large step closer to confirming the reality of UAPs when the U.S. Navy acknowledged in late April that “there have been a number of reports of unauthorized and/or unidentified aircraft entering various military-controlled ranges and designated airspace in recent years.” Just "piles of paper" is all they're collecting :--) And this is UAPs just in military airspace. Can you imagine what a USAF has to say about what they have seen in ALL American airspace!?!?
  18. The dogs bark but the caravan moves on. Of course. One billion in 40 years for the project. How may billions for the military in the same period of time?
  19. Word Association from the Last Letter

year -> revolve
  20. Acronym it! (Part 2)

Teach All Pupils At School PUPIL
  21. Climate Change is a Hoax

When it comes to climate science, the news media are not at all reliable. The peer-reviewed journal article is still the gold standard of scientific truth. Doug
  22. Preceding 1st + Last letters come in New Word

obliterate - > hydroelectricity
  23. I would have thought, given the human remains found in them, that it was a mortuary complex? Human remains in jars link
  24. Cern and time line jumping

The more I experience odd things myself and the more I hear of other people experiencing them the more I come to realise that current physics isn't the final say on things. Mind you, I notice that sceptics are quick to point out there is no evidence for this stuff. Yet there is. We all have odd experiences including them. The difference is they devalue theirs as meaning anything but a challenge to their rigid worldview. We assume the past is fixed, but its just an assumption.
  25. Climate Change is a Hoax

Obviously everything said on this FOX video is lies. The man does not have the right credentials or facts on this subject. He's probably a Republican too. Be sure to listen to his Trump lies about Obama's ERA Endangerment Finding. The Endangerment Finding that our current federal environmental policies are based on. But that shouldn't be according to Doug. Doug tells us that our climate models aren't accurate enough to base policies on. Didn't Obama get the mandate from our resident expert?
  26. One of my favorite books on Apollo is Rocket Men by Robert Kurson. According to the cover, he has a degree in philosophy, a degree in law, and earns his living as a writer. I don't see in there any mention that he has direct experience of a large technology/engineering project like Apollo. So are you going to criticize his qualifications to write an account of the Apollo 8 mission? I used to work for the UK government's Department of Trade & Industry, but I was just a small cog in that big machine. Consequently, I am not citing that as a qualification for anything. I already told you, the resources required to adapt the LM for a sample return mission weren't funded by public money, and hence there was no requirement for the designs to be put into the public domain. By the way, are you sure everything funded by public money has to go into the public domain? I guess all the money put into military projects would be a waste if every blueprint and line of code had to be made publicly available to America's potential enemies. In any case, I already gave you a narrative of what was involved - a retractable scoop to collect the samples, and a modified Corona re-entry capsule to bring them back to Earth. The arrangement was remarkably similar to the Soviet Luna probes I linked to in an earlier post. As for your other demands, I keep telling you none of the evidence is mine to give. The point I was making about Larry Baysinger is the "evidence" is the sort of thing which under other circumstances ChrLzs would pull apart. What is the evidence? An article in an obscure newspaper, and an extremely noisy recording. Who knows, the whole thing might have been a hoax! If evidence like that had been posted on UM as proof of UFOs it would have been laughed at. I will leave it to others to decide whether you describing the term "Apollo Simulation Project" as a "big fat farce" is an attempt to discredit me or not. And by the way, the term isn't "mine", it appears on a memo sent by Werner von Braun to James Webb in September 1968. But of course, you are not going to believe the memo is genuine ...
  1. Load more activity