Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Make Your Case Here

Sound like walls of words are necessary here, and welcomed by the OP. Is it not rather an ambitious goal to solicit such a grand scheme from us? No walls from me, though. And I'm just placing down a couple of bricks. I wonder who was the first human to ever think about god or gods, if it was a matter of one getting the idea, and then spreading it, like a contagious disease. But it seems that it's not a matter of record as to just one human being the first to ever get the idea and then spreading from that source. There is evidence that in various parts of the world, common ideas of god(s) sparked independently and from more than one source. Therefore It seems more probable that the thought of God(s) and the supernatural/afterlife may be embedded in our DNA. And if evolution has any validity and also correlation to DNA, it seems that the skeptics are greatly outnumbered by those that believe in some kind of supernatural god. Therefore, on that alone, I put forth as indirect proof that there is a God. Perhaps not a God in any way resembling anything like put forth by any of the major religions, but more probable a God completely different than anyone of us can ever imagine. Without my own imagination, I tend to favor Socrate's/Plato's idea of God. As far as spirits go, and also the afterlife, there too I favor Socrates'/Plato's views on them. But again, the afterlife is probably something none of us remember just how it is. I say this because it seems that the afterlife is also our before-life, according to Socrates/Plato. One day, It will be proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that God and the afterlife exist. When this day will be, only God knows. Beyond the shadows of the cave is where we will find our proof. And for most of us that is when we Break On Through (To The Other Side) of the Doors. Or on Judgement Day.
  3. I don't believe you

4. Weird photo goes viral

Undoubtedly something generated by one of those moronic TensorFlow/Theano-based proggies.
  5. Doing God's will.

I'm with you Horta. Although I have a great need to deny it, a lot of the time, I'm completely stumped too. But I'm gonna keep on keepin' on anyway.
  6. Alright, in the world of Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire, seasons (summer and winter) can last for a random number of years (up to a decade) and there seems to be no fixed cycle or any rhyme or reason as to when the weather shifts from "warm" to "cold". They even had a "year of the False Spring" in recent history, where it looked like summer would come, but then it didn't.
  7. Saudis crucify a man

probably due to the.....mostly....absence of drink and drugs
  8. I don't believe you

If I may, (being a Trekkie myself), the fictional Vulcan race is interesting, but because of the many series and years into the franchise Vulcans are more explored than as the ‘unfeeling’ beings they were originally were thought of to be and portrayed. (And note the Spock character is half-human, and the exploration of the war inside him is explored and probably a closer to it in the movies) If I could use another Vulcan character to express something, emotions and feelings have their place, and what could be thought of of characters originally thought of as unemotional, is more of true feelings assuming they are controlled, but are there nevertheless. And the intent to control, having their own issues with it. Taking what the character T’Pol Says to Commander Tucker Say in part of this clip of “Enterprise” shows how emotions can have their part, and it’s not always ‘sunny’ on the other side of the fence. I have seen varying fictional shows that show the emotional individual, lots of times ‘save the day’ over the unemotional intellectuals from time to time. In real life, from my standpoint and experience, a steady control of release of emotions can also have a positive effect in lots of ways. Point out, that I said ‘a steady control’ Spock’s half-nature is probably a good lesson in learning, that when you embrace both sides, and use it in a way that is controlable yet is exercised, one can learn from that, I think. Intelligence, well........ if used unfeelingly, can have it’s dangerous aspects, in my opinion.
  9. I don't believe you

The "if you go back far enough" antecedent surely leads to the consequent that we can't possibly be sure what happened.
  10. Doing God's will.

Experientially, you have me stumped there Will. I can only assume that it all percolates up from the more subliminal processes of the brain, until it reaches the conscious mind level. ps. Sorry, think I misunderstood your question. As to who planned the brain, no one, it's the result of evolution. As to who planned evolution (if anyone did), no idea.
  11. Weird photo goes viral

I agree this look like an a.i. concocted image. Hardly interesting we see pics of unidentifiable things all the time.
  12. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

You perhaps missed the 'corruptly' part. I highlighted it specifically for you. That includes all non violent means - i.e. abuse of power. Yeah, after the report. All have agreed with Mueller's decision. It should be noted, however, that what Jr did was both collusion, as it is defined, and illegal. According to Mueller, the main reasons he was not indicted was because his pleading ignorance of the law would be too good a defence and because it would be a first, if applied to this form of campaign donation. Here is the relevant part from the report: The Office considered whether to charge Trump Campaign officials with crimes in connection with the June 9 meeting described in Volume I, Section IV.A.5, supra. The Office concluded that, in light of the government's substantial burden of proof on issues of intent ("knowing" and "willful"), and the difficulty of establishing the value of the offered information, criminal charges would not meet the Justice Manual standard that "the admissible evidence will probably be sufficient to obtain and sustain a conviction." .... The Office considered whether this evidence would establish a conspiracy to violate the foreign contributions ban, in violation of 18 U.S.C. § 371 ; the solicitation of an illegal foreign source contribution; or the acceptance or receipt of "an express or implied promise to make a 185 U.S. Department of Justice Attomey Work Produet // Mtty CoHtttiH Mttterittl Proteetea Under Fea. R. Criffl. P. 6(e) [foreign-source] contribution," both in violation of 52 U.S.C. § 3012l(a)(l)(A), (a)(2). There are reasonable arguments that the offered information would constitute a "thing of value" within the meaning of these provisions, but the Office determined that the government would not be likely to obtain and sustain a conviction for two other reasons: first, the Office did not obtain admissible evidence likely to meet the government's burden to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these individuals acted "willfully," i.e., with general knowledge of the illegality of their conduct; and, second, the government would likely encounter difficulty in proving beyond a reasonable doubt that the value of the promised information exceeded the threshold for a criminal violation, see 52 U.S.C. § 30109(d)(l)(A)(i) Page 86 Regarding the second part, the reason it would prove 'difficult' is because it hasn't been tried in court before with that specific application. Basically, the letter of the law would seem to qualify it, but they couldn't be sure. Further explanation: These authorities would support the view that candidate-related opposition research given to a campaign for the purpose of influencing an election could constitute a contribution to which the foreign-source ban could apply. A campaign can be assisted not only by the provision offunds, but also by the provision of derogatory information about an opponent. Political campaigns frequently conduct and pay for opposition research. A foreign entity that engaged in such research and provided resulting information to a campaign could exert a greater effect on an election, and a greater tendency to ingratiate the donor to the candidate, than a gift of money or tangible things of value. At the same time, no judicial decision has treated the voluntary provision of uncompensated opposition research or similar information as a thing of value that could amount to a contribution under campaign-finance law. Such an interpretation could have implications beyond the foreign-source ban, see 52 U.S.C. § 30116(a) (imposing monetary limits on campaign contributions), and raise First Amendment questions. Those questions could be especially difficult where the information consisted simply of the recounting of historically accurate facts. It is uncertain how courts would resolve those issues. Page 187 So let's not pretend that when that story broke the people who claimed it was collusion and that it broke campaign finance laws (and possibly others such as conspiracy) were somehow incorrect, partisan or 'out for blood'. The analysis was completely understandable.
  13. An ancient crucible that would have been used to melt gold has been found on a building site in Monmouth. Archaeologists believe the melting pot, or crock, is a "unique find of national importance" as it still contains gold. Steve Clarke, chairman of the Monmouth Archaeology Society (Mas), said the building site lies near a prehistoric lake and settlement. The find has not been officially dated, but archaeologists believe it dates back to about 500 BC. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-48050746
  14. i've been saying it for years police unions protect their criminals. a friend of mine was ran over and killed by a off duty cop, he left the scene, was doing 60 in 30 zone, yet somehow he was found not guilty
  15. Doing God's will.

There's always a middle ground. Perhaps it's the best place to be.
  16. Unsung Heroes of Science!

Today, because I'm in the industry, I would like to highlight John Bardeen. I assume alot of people outside of Electrical Engineering and Physics have never heard of him, but he is the only person to win two Nobel Prize's in Physics. His first was for work on probably the most important thing relevant to our technologies today, the transistor. His second was for work on what is now called BSC in the superconductivity field. BSC theory describes superconductivity at the micro scopic range, in relation to boson like states in Cooper pairs.
  17. Despite their role as public servants, the men and women who swear an oath to keep communities safe can generally avoid public scrutiny for their misdeeds. The records of their misconduct are filed away, rarely seen by anyone outside their departments. Police unions and their political allies have worked to put special protections in place ensuring some records are shielded from public view, or even destroyed. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we-found-85000-cops-whove-been-investigated-for-misconduct-now-you-can-read-their-records/ar-BBWgqVY?li=BBnb7Kz And for me this is not a slam on law enforcement, but accountability. For those who wear a badge honorably, well done, but for those that don't, you are a blot on your entire profession.
  18. Saudis crucify a man

well crime rates are lower in Sa so you have less chances to be attacked at night in Sa than in London or new york. you can't walk the streets in USA with trump hat on without being attacked, so i just do not see your point here.
  19. Saudis crucify a man

Really?! Then you would have no problem going there and telling them you fight for ISIS, right?
  20. Doing God's will.

Alright but what or who planned that?
  21. I don't believe you

Here's an essay from the Australian Women's History Network. It supports what Walker is saying about criminalization. http://www.auswhn.org.au/blog/marital-rape/ English common law in place at the time of federation of Australia would have remained in place in until codification altered that. It's anomolous hough that in 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Article 16 guarantees the rights of the individual in marriage.
  22. Doing God's will.

Exactly. I guess that's what I was so stumblingly trying to convey in all the wrong words.
  23. I don't believe you

Phew, only a thousand posts later, but better late then never.
  24. Saudis crucify a man

Unless you are homosexual, a member of a different religious cult, or disagree with the Govt SA is one of the countries, like Brunei, where you can be stoned to death simply because of biological factors beyond your control. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Saudi_Arabia I agree there is less crime. But at the price of freedom. And I'd rather walk the streets at night with a very small risk of being attacked, than not be allowed to walk the streets at all.
  1. Load more activity