Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I don't believe you

Because it isn’t valid.
  3. I don't believe you

Time out! (MUSICAL INTERVENTION INTERLUDE)
  4. I don't believe you

“And yes there were good reasons why rape was not wrong in marriage in those societies” ( Walker) Now you are just trolling. You opinions are barbaric and savage. I will no longer engage in this topic with you,
  5. Game of Thrones

The Night King’s eerie sigils on Game of Thrones could have a basis in math https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/16/18311888/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-hbo-final-winterfell-night-king-symbols-spirals-meaning-phi-fibonacci
  6. I don't believe you

Can you provide a source for that claim?
  7. No need to stir up hard feelings with inflammatory language. Best call it a "matter".
  8. Today
  9. Trump Wanted To Put Migrants In Sanctuary Cit

Mexico is having a very difficult time also. There's just sooo many of them! And they keep coming. https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/frustration-grows-migrants-mexico-support-fades-62533080?cid=social_fb_abcn&fbclid=IwAR3twbDQU-9vkzf1XEBDjKEKiLSrHaxWsfRWiZSLsoI15cOmkbI0DaVDbjM&fbclid=IwAR0mA8u4cRdrXNH3ewsWNcvc24n_fow8bp5Fms9MfXXHS-CLb5iTCk4UI5g&fbclid=IwAR0gf6JxZBnicDXnnikwGewsHuonQsch47dXUQa2yVqIWB-aVCYZK4ziyOs
  10. Rogue's Gallery III

Hoppy Easter
  11. Yeah, I have already said I have conspiracy leanings re 9/11. But, you know, until there is more come to light, I have read it all and drawn my ideas and moved on. Not sure I have ever even posted about it anywhere, though I have discussed it in person with others. In my military days one of the many courses I had to take was in weaponeering, and so I have very definite ideas about what the collapse of the towers sure looked like, but, nobody cares and it doesn't matter anyway what NAR thinks. Yet, right now the newest freak out is that Notre Dame was actually a false flag, or planned and known about, or a terroristic attack, or the start of the End Times. I mean in hours youtube came alive with new conspiracies. It is about playing the gullible and making some click cash I think. Views, you know? One had me scratching my head as the person who made it was trying to entice in fundies and also ET fearers I think. That theory was that it was caused by directed energy weapons (!!!) and the Illuuminati but it also was caused by demons and our battle is not against flesh and blood quotes abounded. It was a bit odd and confusing, really. Worse though is that every single one of those vids I reviewed had been watched dozens of times already and had dozens of posts agreeing. That is a bit scary. The truth is often stranger than fiction, but not always.
  12. I don't believe you

Hi Walker When have we seen the collapse of society because of the abolishment of slavery in any country, from what I can tell it didn't as we are still here and progressing culturally, economically and technically so the argument for slavery does not seem to be valid from what I have seen? Timeline of abolition of slavery and serfdom - Wikipedia jmccr8
  13. But you don't think it is common sense. You are not paying attention to the thread. You throw a wrench in at every turn of the wheel. And it is not common sense. Look around you Habitat...look in the mirror maybe...people do not know instinctively how to think. We as humans are taught to think....or we are not taught to think...which is by far more the common experience. Many of us, if we learn to think at all, learn it by trial and error, and mostly error. It is when the 'error' of life is no longer acceptable that we make changes. Many don't have a road map. This thread serves as that...if you are far superior to the philosophy being discussed...please go elsewhere.
  14. How do we make moral decisions?

Interesting read. I have always postulated that moral code is determined by the society that we are raised in, hence there are different moral codes for different societies. This means (for me) that your moral code is determined by the society you are raised in, and if you never question that you adopt the moral code in totality. If you do question that moral code, or some aspect of that moral code you will find that you adjust your code as you see fit. Fairness is not always part of the society's moral code, depends on the functioning of the society.
  15. Random Flash of White Bright Light

For those cases where it cannot be easily explained away, I am not sure there is a definitive answer for what it is. I do not even think the half dozen times I have seen them or white light or similar things all were the same thing. Most commonly if I see it it is in my bedroom so I assume that if it is not a sleep related thing, its energy that belongs there. Maybe I generate it? Maybe it is visiting? idk. It has never scared me or anything so not knowing has been ok.
  16. You are more than entitled to your opinion...but happiness is not a state of affairs. Happiness is a state of mind. And so consequently, Unhappiness is also a state of mind. If one's mind is unsettled and therefore unhappy...it is not a side of a coin...it is a state of mind. With that being said, it is not so important what happens to us...it is ultimately most important how we think about the things that happen to us. If we approach the things that happen to us in life with a positive but grounded approach, then we see the actual reality...and reality is reality...it is neither happy nor unhappy...we choose the state of mind with which we view those things. That is all.
  17. I don't believe you

The lot of agricultural slaves (vincti) was probably one of the worst as they were usually housed in barrack buildings (ergastula) in poor, prison-like conditions and often kept in chains. Pompeii has revealed such work gangs chained together in death as they were in life. Other skeletal remains from Pompeii have also revealed the chronic arthritis and distortion of limbs that could only have been produced by extreme overwork and malnutrition Hi Walker This is one of the reasons that I ask people if they read the links that are posted. Not sure what you think better, safer, and more comfortable means but this ain't it. jmccr8
  18. Climate Change is a Hoax

Ok. Sorry. I think you are misusing the ellipsis (...) which doesn't end a sentence. Guess that is throwing me off.
  19. Are vegans hypocrites?

Im asian and i eat pretty much anything that walks or crawls or breathe or exist. Vegans to me are picky snobs who lie to themselves. Id eat a vegan.
  20. Climate Change is a Hoax

good lord.....i wrote in comprehend-able english about Doc Socks......ie......He.... if i wrote about you....id say You.....not he
  21. Climate Change is a Hoax

You addressed me, who then are you talking about? Also If I was debating them then they are Climate Change 'believers'.
  22. Climate Change is a Hoax

re-read it.....i said...... .he is just using diversion tactics now he.....isnt YOU.......is it?
  23. Climate Change is a Hoax

That's a joke. What "diversion tactics" specifically do you believe I'm using? Also using proper English would help. Thanks.
  24. I don't believe you

Basically i never mentioned such a thing or thought it i did suggest that most humans would prefer to be living slaves than dead freemen despite rhetoric to the contrary After all most slaves could have killed themselves or risen in rebellion, if they preferred death I did say that many slaves lived better, safer, and more comfortable lives than equivalent freemen. (quite true in ancient societies) And yes there were good reasons why rape was not wrong in marriage in those societies . The most compelling is simple. It is that neither legally nor in people's thoughts was it ever considered that a married woman would refuse consent except when she was physically incapable, After all, her marriage vows and the law meant she had surrendered her right to say no (this also applied to men ) Thus there was no such thing as RAPE (non consensual sex) within a marriage because marriage made all sex consensual by law. Ethics moralities and practices are not changed by changing peoples' values. Peoples values are changed by the conditioning the y receive living in a society, and this depends on levels of technology education etc. We are all products of our society and find it very hard to step outside our own beliefs Slavery has never been ended until it became economical to end it. Women were never given rights until the economy meant the y had power, and used it to gain rights Animal rights never arose until animals became less important in the economic base of societies Trade unions arose withe advent of industrialised societies and have declined and lost power in the post industrial age. Universal education never occurred until it was needed, for young people to be able to calculate, read and write, and have some skills for the new forms of work in the victorian age
  25. Climate Change is a Hoax

focus on the simple facts shaman.....he has had his know it all bubble popped by credible facts/links re climate change.....he is just using diversion tactics now to try and regain some imagined credibility......if he was worth bothering with....he would admit climate change is a fact
  26. I don't think so, you need contrast to see anything clearly, and you appreciate feeling well for example, after having been sick, more than you would if never sick. I don't think too many people can regard all adverse happenings with equanimity, if nothing can make you unhappy, I'd say nothing could make you happy, either, you'd be a robot. These are two sides of one coin.
  27. Actually, there is something wrong with being 'unhappy' now and again.
  1. Load more activity