Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. lightly

Replace one word in a song title with Bacon!

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Bacon
  3. markdohle

Lord, one day at a time is all I ask

Lord, one day at a time is all I ask When I was a young monk, one of the seniors told me that it takes time to get into monastic life. He mentioned how it was around 10 years before he even began to get into the interior grove of his vocation. Being only 23 at the time, I thought what he said absurd. Yet here I am almost 50 years later, and I still have not quite got it. I bump into things, fumble along, fail, get up, and in spite of my bumbling, I sense grace at work, and healing going on, and change that seems to happen overtime on its own. It is grace, mercy, and God's compassion. I sense this in those who come here. I am often humbled by their faith, courage, and a deep trust in God's love and mercy. Yet, they also find it slow going, one day at a time, prayer, and seeking to grow in love. Humility is needed because self-knowledge makes the soul aware of its wounds, failures, and need of deep inner healing. Our sins, addictions, and compulsion I believe flow from deep wounds that can only be healed by trusting in God's secret work in our souls. It is not about self-pity, or despair, or neurotic guilt, but about the truth that will set us free. All we need do is to 'show up'. Get up, and yes, trust, trust, trust. -Br.MD
  4. aztek

Metformin Recalled Due to Contamination

in case of zantac it was not contamination, it was a reaction between components in certain storage environment. it would happen if stored in high temp,
  5. acute

acute

Does the UK's Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, walk like Bigfoot,

or..... does Bigfoot walk like Rishi Sunak?

:huh:

1. Piney

Piney

Maybe he is a interdimensional being related to Bigfoot? :huh:

I mean....like..... his folders change color so he must be passing between portals. :unsure2:

2. acute

acute

You nailed it!

:nw:

He's interdimensional!

6. lightly

Magnetic field

I don't know if we should be worried ..... But I do know that the earth's crust is a record of many past magnetic field reversals. I believe there is weakening in between reversals ?
  7. Last weekend, a storm struck Utah’s Great Salt Lake with winds exceeding 50 miles per hour, exposing the rusted wreckage of what may be a century-old boat, reports Spencer Burt for local broadcast station Fox 13. Great Salt Lake State Park posted a photo of the wreck on its social media pages, stating that the steel boat—now visible along the body of water’s south shore—likely dates to the turn of the 20th century. The park also noted that people have boated on the lake since the mid-1880s. Park manager Dave Shearer tells Nate Carlisle of the Salt Lake Tribune that the storm’s strong winds drove waves to the south of the lake’s shores, washing away sands that had previously covered the wreckage. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/storm-great-salt-lake-uncovers-wreck-century-old-boat-180974996/ Video: https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-news/history-behind-100-year-old-shipwreck-found-after-recent-wind-storm
  8. Liquid Gardens

The science behind ghost sightings...

It kinda does though. Does evolution 'refute' the idea of creationism, is that okay to say in your view? If you agree, then keep in mind all that science didn't do in order to refute creationism. Science hasn't personally verified that there is no species on earth that didn't evolve from an earlier form and wasn't just poofed into existence by a god, that is still a possibility. Yet we still say creationism is refuted because we have an alternative explanation for how species emerge, there's a ton of evidence for it, and every species we look at fits this model. Similarly, almost every afterlife conception I've heard of includes aspects of our brains continuing on, our personalities or at the very least our memory. Yet we have as much evidence for what happens to these mental functions when the brain is deprived of oxygen or people die as we have for evolution. For some people with severe enough Alzheimer's or a brain injury for instance, the afterlife theory is usually that after death that person's memory is essentially magically restored and that you possess those in heaven or wherever, unless things like catatonia and comas carry over to the afterlife. Sure, maybe something-something our brain is just a receiver for an incorporeal soul that is connected to it magically, etc. And maybe evolution is responsible for the diversity of life except for the platypus, which was specially created by Zeus (when he was drunk obviously...). We don't prevent the latter possibility prevent us from non-shamefully using the word 'refute' with creationism so I'm not sure where you think this analogy doesn't apply.
  9. Is this something that should be iof concern https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.space.com/amp/weakening-magnetic-field-satellites.html
  10. aztek

Looting in Minneapolis

none of that shows a need for having a knee on his neck for 7 min while cuffed on the ground.
  11. Manwon Lender

Manwon Lender

Here are some new cactus that were given to me today. My wife's Niece owns the largest Flower store in our area. She gave me this a gift today, so I have some kids to take care of:D The little Buddha has been a close friend for a long time, I like to use him in  photos:P

Peace

Cactus.jpg

1. LightAngel

LightAngel

What a wonderful gift you got today! :tu:

By the way - we have two fat Buddha's in our home! :D

2. Manwon Lender

Manwon Lender

Thank you, I am a Buddhist, and I have been practicing for almost 7 years now. Here in Korea there are some beautiful ancient Temples, and my wife and I have a very special temple we go to if not weekly Monthly. I have a senior Monk that is 91 years old that has been acting as my teacher, I am the first American he has every attempted to teach.:yes: It has been a very awarding exchange between us, he is a great teacher and I try to be the best student possible.:)

So thanks for your comments, I really appreciate it, and never forget to rub your Buddhas belly and make a wish, you never know it may come true.:D

Peace

3. LightAngel

LightAngel

@Manwon Lender:

I rub my husband's belly, which works perfectly. :D

I love old Temples, and I have a lot of respect for Buddhists!

I once thought I was a Buddhist because the philosophy makes a lot of sense. ;)

12. Today
  13. sci-nerd

The United States leaves the WHO

Wait, so you twist my words, and blame me for wanting them to follow due process in the case?
  14. 'Walt' E. Kurtz

'Walt' E. Kurtz

I Like this part of the lyrics. from what i know this song is about nationalism how each country sees nationalism as such a good thing, yet it is the cause of majority of wars. 

"Head to head chest to chest which country is the very best? and in the land of rape and honey you pray..." 

15. A new study reveals the Chicxulub impact crater may have harbored a vast and long-lived hydrothermal system after the catastrophic impact event linked to the extinction of dinosaurs 66 million years ago. The Chicxulub impact crater, roughly 180 kilometers in diameter, is the best preserved large impact structure on Earth and a target for exploration of several impact-related phenomena. https://phys.org/news/2020-05-steaming-cauldron-dinosaurs-demise.html https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/6/22/eaaz3053 Related: https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/337237-yucatan-asteroid-hit-at-deadliest-angle/?
  16. What's going on, these trade tokens never fetch this type of money, Birmingham workhouse tokens are a common metal detector find in and around Birmingham.
  17. This is the 'alien intelligence' or ascended masters, what the hell ever. That crackpot crowley was supposedly in contact with. Honestly it looks like a deformed version of him, maybe the big head is a reflection of his ego.
  18. Interesting article thankyou. Quite looking forward to the launch of Webb next year (?) https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2019/a-new-view-of-exoplanets-with-nasa-s-webb-telescope
  19. Liquid Gardens

How Would You React. To A God Revelation?

Hmm, there's a not uncommon saying that keeps coming to mind, something like, "it can be difficult to keep all the ____ straight"... I had wondered how people with real aphantasia recognize people and things with no ability to visualize images, and from what I've found that can be an issue for people who have it. Might have something to do with why lights and trees are misinterpreted as being angels.
  20. 'Walt' E. Kurtz

'Walt' E. Kurtz

21. Ozymandias

World's largest electric plane takes flight

I doubt it is an operational commercial aircraft in the sense that it is for hire and competing with conventional aircraft for business. There is no doubt this is a great achievement and we are on the cusp of a revolution with the development of viable electrically-powered aircraft. The problem is the battery technology and the range of such planes. As the article quoted states, the energy-density is too low at the moment to make a truly viable craft. The test flight lasted 30 mins and much of the potential payload capacity of the plane is occupied by the batteries themselves. Currently aviation fuels provide over 35 times the energy of a battery of the same mass. To compete with conventional commercial aircraft the electric-powered plane must reduce its costs per kilogramme of payload per kilometre flown. We are a long way off that yet despite the guarded optimism of the plane's developers.
  22. I'm well protected by the Past Masters'TM Atlantean COPYRIGHT 1979 Rupert -Hormel Special Forces.
  23. Liquid Gardens

How Would You React. To A God Revelation?

Nothing dishonest about just staying silent about your self-admiration, so this dishonesty excuse doesn't hold much water.
  24. Awful lot of pixelation. I swear, one day I'm going to pay someone to wrap a helicopter in christmas lights just to troll people.
  25. XenoFish

Reality Tunnels

You could probably switch the word "reality" for perspective and it would be the same. Beliefs, wishes, desires, wants and needs all shape our perspective (subjective reality). We engage and engineer both confirmation bias and self-fulfilling prophecy all the time.
  1. Load more activity