Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yes, ignoring additional data does not speak well. That said, ice cores, soils cores, palynology studies, etc., etc., are all valid archaeological data sets and resources. The difficulty arises when the cumulative data is not adequately addressed or misinterpreted. The ice cores can document and reflect aspects of the environmental conditions during a given period. They do not necessarily speak to the biological system responses to those conditions. Realize you know the above. Just clarifying for those who may be less familiar with the topic. .
  3. Is it ethical to keep pets?

Dogs and cats have been domesticated for tens of thousands of years. Cats domesticated themselves. These "activists" need to shut the hell up. Work on an actual animal rights problem, like the illegal pet trade or poaching.
  4. US threatens to veto UN resolution on rape

Difference being it was policy for them and (supposedly) a crime for us
  5. Philippine-Canadian Trash War

Yes. Last year China stopped importing waste citing it's own needs but there is no mention of just plain old garbage going there. https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-environment-usa/u-s-asks-china-not-to-implement-ban-on-foreign-garbage-idUSKBN1GZ2WI
  6. Philippine-Canadian Trash War

There is also the matter of recyclables being clean. There are times when I'm not going to take the time to wash out a container that can be recycled. It's rare, but I do go ahead and throw it in the trash. Others may still put them in the recycle bin.
  7. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Thanks. I am pretty happy with that. We just added to the effort to drain the swamp a bit.
  8. Is it ethical to keep pets?

I don't feel like I "own" a dog...she lives in my house, sleeps in my bed, is currently asleep on my feet...she has toys, blankets, food, snacks...and she doesn't have to do anything other than play, sleep and eat...she doesn't seem unhappy, I suppose if she was an unhappy dog, or one of those poor dogs who never gets to go inside or never not chained up.... I think its unethical to have an animal that you mistreat or that you use for some purpose other than a friend/family member....if you aren't going to love them, let them be with someone who will....
  9. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

Not political but falling into the wheel house of the powers designated to Congress as a coequal branch of government. But who are we kidding, every move by both sides is nothing but political, it is just they have the power to do such.
  10. Doing God's will.

Fair enough.
  11. Entity

It really doesn't sound like they did right by her if she did see them.
  12. Ruby04

21 Pilots song My Blood settled little miss faster then nursery rhymes do. 

She likes the music her daddy likes 

13. Word Association from the Last Letter

non sequitur what the ? a bull fight ?... darned Frenchies resolute -> EEEEEEEEEEEeexcellent !
  14. Don't tell me GH believed Pakal's sarcophagus lid showed an astronaut!
  15. Doing God's will.

Incorrect analysis of my statement. Which should have been made clear by the latter portion of that same post. How else would you have me say that mental characteristics are only evidenced by physical bodies? Or can you produce a non-corporeal intelligence?
  16. UFO sightings

i got lost with the bold, you mean they were fake or since no one believed him it meant his pictures were fakes. reminds me a little of ed walters gulf breeze stuff, what a convoluted embelished mess, he even had bruce maccabee as a champion, as evidence of hoax would surface, like finding a model ship he made he would try to say some were "recreations" etc while most have heard of the walters hoax not all know he went as far as to draw the creature he said was at his door.
  17. Philippine-Canadian Trash War

The issue of recyclables contaminated by garbage has come up before. It was between China and the United States, I believe. People are sometimes careless about what they throw in their recycling bins. The results may be shipped overseas, where they can presumably be recycled at less expense. The objection is that the garbage makes the recyclables less valuable, as the garbage must first be removed. That may very well be the case here.
  18. Doing God's will.

Lol. You missed a lot of preceding discussion. The original point was that, as our psyche is derived from and reliant on physical processes not only in its operation but for it's very existence to begin with, that it is bound (underneath all of the complexity) by physical laws and principles (physics, chemistry) and this leaves no room for "free will" in any meaningful way. ps. It is causally determined, in other words. But even if it wasn't (and there is no reason to think it isn't), it would be prone to some randomness, which itself can never be willed. pps. This is a response to Will's claim that we can, of our own "free will", merge this with "Gods will". I don't think he has demonstrated the assumption that we have free will ourselves, to begin with.
  19. Answer a Question With A Question (Part 4)

*doors swing open BAM!* Alright !!!!!!!!!!!! ... just what is going on in here!??!??!??!??!?!manwiches then threesomes oh yes and naturally have to work in football too! Oh and of course Mr. Smithers would be saying EEeeeexcellent!
  20. I don't think I would touch it...I believe I would call to have it taken away....just...creepy!!!
  21. Doing God's will.

The underlined. That there is "a" physical component to our psyche. That seems to infer there could also be other components, that are non physical.
  22. UFO sightings

Oh, dear Timothy, you are harassing me here. I explained it twice. go LOOK for the answers before you tell me to. I am not obliged to post back to you but I did. TWICE Tim.... read my lips./.. there won't be a third.
  23. Doing God's will.

OK, I must be stupid then, because I cannot see your point. ETA: And I think you may have invalidated your argument. If our genes control our psyche/consciousness, then a hetero couple could NOT produce a homosexual child, no? Perhaps if you explained what you mean by "psyche"?
  24. Russia probes II -- The Mueller Report

I feel kinda bad for EMM. He's clearly very angry and spinning further and further away from reality. Obviously, it would be best to simply accept the truth that the entire MSM narrative which had Trump guilty of wrongdoing has collapsed in a smoldering heap. But that's really hard for some people, and time, lots of it, is the only thing that can soothe their seething rage and confusion. So, I guess I'll lay off for a while...I sure wouldn't want to see someone do anything rash over any of this. Wait...I can't resist dropping just one more nugget in the rapidly-forming hailstorm of truth: New Clinton Emails Shed Light On Private Server And Communications https://saraacarter.com/new-clinton-classified-emails-shed-light-on-private-server-and-communications/
  25. Doing God's will.

Yes, you're misunderstanding. That someone is a blue collar worker is no necessarily indicative of intelligence anyway. One of the most intelligent people I ever knew finished school at 13. That's a bit like expecting that gay people can't be derived from straight couples. Without our genes we wouldn't have a brain to begin with. I don't see the problem in the statement "our psyche is derived from physical processes" or that "we are an expression of our genes". We are, that's our baseline.
  26. Entity

Sorry, tree, but like the other respondents I see nothing unusual whatsoever in the pictures. Does anyone else here? If so, can you be specific? The pictures are grainy and noisy and when that is the case, you will have lots of 'noise' that your brain will look for patterns in. That's what brains do. We stay alive only because we do find patterns, but if you overdo it.... If others are not seeing anything (and as above, I invite anyone who does, to help us out..) then the problem is in you. Of these 'many therapists' you say you have seen, what did the very best and most competent one tell you about your problems, and what approach you should be taking?
  1. Load more activity