Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] Haunted? And unsure of what to do.

Delfedd

I honestly don't know whether to put this in "Metaphysics" or in the "Ghosts" section, So i'll put it in both places.

Let me set the stage. Last year I was in my senior year of high school. I love to act, but my technique is different from everyone else's. I Create a character that lives on in my mind for a very long time. Aside from that, I have a few... well... I don't know what to call them. Personas is the best I can do... but they're living in my mind. The Author, who has all the ideas when I write things. It's not like he takes control of my body for an hour, and when he's done writing I'm left holding an incredible short story. No, It's just that he guides my hands and my pen.

It started Last Halloween, when me and a couple of friends where hanging out. We where playing dungeons and dragons, but after a short while we got distracted because apparently the house is haunted. The host's mom suggested that we do a seance to try to talk to the ghosts. While she is a devout catholic, she believes in spirits and such. So we linked hands in a circle. I, being a doubter, closed my eyes and laid back on the couch. My friends where asking questions, and I was almost drifting off (it was late). They asked all the typical questions. "Is there anyone there? Can you move something? etc." Then, one of my friends asked "We can't hurt you." Suddenly I was filled with a compulsion to speak up. I opened my mouth and out came a voice that was not my own. It was deep and croaked "Yes you can." The people sitting next to me nudged me and said "shut up Chris!"

So they tried again, apologizing for me. I was still slumped back, not really thinking about anything. "Could you show us a sign? Prove to us that you're here?"

"I'm Right here."

That was when they realized that they had made contact. The spirit's called itself Mr. A, and continued talking through me, me not really caring what it was doing with my body. They started asking him too many questions, and I started tweaking out, eyes bulging and twitching, a vein popped out in my neck. Mr. A sat up suddenly, and glared around at everyone. He then, with lightning speed, grabbed a slice of pizza and shoved it into my mouth. Suddenly I decided that I wanted my body back. I swallowed the Pizza, and everyone was looking at me all frightened.

"After we asked the last question, I thought you where going to kill someone."

I Decided that I needed a break. We all went outside for some fresh Air, and I quickly got very angry at people for no reason. Like "I want to break your neck" angry. Additionally, I saw colors surrounding people, Blue and red being the primary ones. Fortunately, my host's mother had some experience with dealing with things like this. She sat next to me, held my hand, and addressed the spirit inside me. I was breathing heavily and squeezing her hand tightly, and I didn't like her. Suddenly, the family's cat hopped on my lap, and I absently started petting it. Instantly, I calmed down, and had a brief vision of a dark brown oblong thing in front of my eyes. "I'm really thirsty," I told the hosts mother.

Ever since then, though, weird things have started happening. I started feeling... animalistic lusts for women that I had never felt before, and I got outraged whenever someone decried the existence of spirits. I soon got these feelings under control and locked them away with my other Personas that I used for acting.

That was my first experience with the Paranormal. As I mentioned, I was still a scheptic, and in many ways, I still am. But I don't know how to explain any of this.

Around finals time, I started having these flashes of clarity, and once a flash of fear. I can't really describe them better than that.

So after the summer break, I went to college. Strange things happened, but they happened far less often than they had before finals. One instance in particular stood out. I was hanging out with my friend who's a psych major. She doesn't believe in things like what I've mentioned. We where chatting, when suddenly my right temple freaked out like it had a spasm. I held my hand to it to calm it down, and my friend suddenly said "Ow!"

"What?" I asked.

"I just got a really bad headache!"

"Where?" I said, dreading the answer.

"Right here," she said, holding her hand to the right side of her head. Right on her temple.

The second to last instance was terrifying. I was sitting in my anthropology class, listening to a guest speaker. I idly wondered "I wonder what his skull looks like?"

Suddenly my perspective shifted. My hand was covered with fur, and my fingernails where long like claws or talons. I was in a jungle or a forest... I'm not sure. All it was was verdant. And the Guest speaker was fleeing from me. My body leaped at him and tore off his face, so I could see his skull.

All of this happened in less than a second. I gave a small start, and when I focused back on the speakers face.

It was a skull. It was like his face was torn open. Blood stained his jacket. The most horrible part about it was that his jaw kept moving in synch with what he was saying. I looked over at my teacher, and her face was the same, torn apart in the same way.

I stayed calm by looking past the speaker at the board, or at his shoes. For the next half hour, I dared not look at anyone's face. When I did, I was happy to see that I couldn't see their skulls anymore.

The last instance happened late last night. I was watching the ball drop in times square. I suddenly had a terrible sinking feeling in my stomach that something horrible was about to happen. Fortunately, it didn't, but that feeling persists, and I wonder if something very far away happened at the same time that the ball was dropping.

Now, I don't know what's happening to me, but I've had a theory. Mr. A somehow got locked up with my other persona. Since Halloween, Whenever I write about my persona, I've always included the "Dark one," which I had never described before.

I don't want to go to a shrink, because I don't ever want to take drugs. What are some options for getting rid of him? From what I've seen on the forums, Lucid dreaming seems to be an option to affect spirits. Would talking to Mr. A through a lucid dream be a possibility?

Also, I do not think that the entire spirit is in my mind. Because certain things that I felt while Mr A was "driving" my body I never felt or saw again, like the colors I felt around people. But I do think that he's getting stronger or something.

Or maybe it's all in my head. Has anyone had similar experiences?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Delfedd

• espdracomth

• JustNormal

• TRPS-TECH1

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if things continue happening to you personally , I would definately seek someone in your area to help you with this ! THIS IS DEFINATELY not something to avoid . As for the mother suggesting to do a session to allow him in , pardon the rudeness THAT WAS REALLY , REALLY STUPID . You may have very well opened up something to cause a possession . If it is just happening anytime SEEK HELP ASAP ! If you need to find someone , just do a search for a paranormal investigation in you town on the net ! They will gladly help you out and there is usuall no cost for them to do it. Hope this helps.

I am in a world wide paranormal investigation group and yes I have seen this before !

Hi Delfedd. That is pretty interesting what happened.

I think that what's going on right now is mainly based on fear and you shouldn't really worry. It seems to me that you're are quite naturally sensitive so I'd recommend first a cleansing. Mr. A's energy is still with you and since you're just locking it away it in some ways gets stronger but can be dealt with. It's just like washing you're hands if they get dirty...the more you keep ignoring them, the dirtier they get. Lucid dreaming can help also, you just have to remember to face it, accept it then let go and let time pass(something I picked up from a book on fears, that works well).

I've had a few similar experiences dealing with old energy that I'd just lock up(it only got worse) and experiences caused by fear, even though the cause of the fear itself was based on a real supernatural experience. Well I hope that helps.

Blessed be!

I am in a world wide paranormal investigation group and yes I have seen this before !

Nono... the mother wasn't saying "Yeah, you should totally let the ghost into one of your bodies." She was more like "Yeah, the house is haunted."

I honestly suggest you see someone. As TRPS suggested, perhaps a paranormal team, however nothing they really can do, after all, it isn't your home that is "haunted" it's moreless your mind. You could always go see someone at a local church, see what they say. They may say you go see a doctor due to the abnormal factor. You could always see a doctor as well. They won't always put you on medications, you can also refuse treatment. Just as if you wanted a consultation from a lawyer, one can be done medically as well. However, with a fee.

We all have personas, some are apparent, others are not. The fact you know what is going on as if you are watching a movie within your own mind as someone else is controling your thoughts isn't in my view, normal.

You have peaked my interest and I look forward to the follow up posts.

419: That is correct. The fact that I was watching was not not normal. Usually it's like a different aspect of me. It's all very confusing.

Thank you for your quick response!

I don't know what a few things mean.

1. Naturally sensitive. To what?

2. Cleansing. I'm not sure how this is done. Do I... what, meditate and then flush out the bad thoughts or something?

3. How and what is based on fear?

Like I said, this stuff is all very new to me.

I did like the washing your hands metaphor. Thanks

Thank you for your quick response!

I don't know what a few things mean.

1. Naturally sensitive. To what?

2. Cleansing. I'm not sure how this is done. Do I... what, meditate and then flush out the bad thoughts or something?

3. How and what is based on fear?

Like I said, this stuff is all very new to me.

I did like the washing your hands metaphor. Thanks

Oh, you're welcome.

Well naturally sensitive I meant to the paranormal...by the fact that you easily gained contact with him.

Cleansing, that all depends on how you want to do it. Whatever is within your beliefs, there are many rituals, or cleansing fluids(eg. holy water). You can look around or ask some of the other members(I've never actually tried one, so I don't want to lead you wrong, but I have researched them quite a bit, and know others who've done them.)

Well the skull thing and the feelings, could just be based on the encounter at the seance. Like I said this residual energy is still with ya, so it can come out in different ways. I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

How can that be though? With the skull thing, and the temple thing, and the sinking feeling as I watched the ball drop, I wasn't afraid at the time. The temple thing didn't even scare me. It just made me curious.

How can that be though? With the skull thing, and the temple thing, and the sinking feeling as I watched the ball drop, I wasn't afraid at the time. The temple thing didn't even scare me. It just made me curious.

Well I figured it was tied into the sub-conscious energy locked away.... it could just be you being more aware of what's going on. I'm not really sure though just my opinion based on slightly similar experiences.

Lol... I'm not sure what that means.

I've looked up several things on lucid dreaming. I think I'm going to try to talk to Mr. A to try to find out what he's all about before I try to get rid of him. Because despite being really freaky, I also find it very intriguing, and I want to know more. Any advice on dealing with spirits in this way? Or perhaps I should go back to my friends house and try to talk to him again, although this time more well prepared.

Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing your story. I read it twice to make sure I got as many details as possible, but none of us are experts, just people trying to help. The fact that something or someone entered your body is not very comforting and the fact its still there is less of a comfort. Its hard to say if its a human spirit or non human, but normally human spirits dont possess us, or our thoughts and actions. I would seek out a Priest or clergy of your choice, first. IT is possible the entity resides inside you, and surfaces at will, however the anger and illusions are not consistant with a human spirit, at least IMO..I suggest you stay away from the occult, and like I said, seek out clergy and discuss it with them, and let us know what happens. A PI team cannot help cause your house isnt haunted, but maybe you are or possibly influenced by something. Whatever denomination you are, I would pray and try to remain focused on the God of your choice. Keep us posted..Good Luck..JN

I'm considering trying to communicate with Mr. A, but I've been not so good at doing the whole "lucid dreaming" thing. I've tried it in the past. Are there any other ways of speaking to it?

I'm considering trying to communicate with Mr. A, but I've been not so good at doing the whole "lucid dreaming" thing. I've tried it in the past. Are there any other ways of speaking to it?

First you sounded concerned, now you want to communicate with it? Be careful what you wish for..JN

I'm concerned, but curiosity has overwhelmed the concerned...ness.

I'm majoring in anthropology, and so one of my dreams has been to make contact with an undiscovered tribe. I mean, I know there are dangers surrounding it, but the knowledge I gain outweighs any danger that I may be put in.

I'm concerned, but curiosity has overwhelmed the concerned...ness.

I'm majoring in anthropology, and so one of my dreams has been to make contact with an undiscovered tribe. I mean, I know there are dangers surrounding it, but the knowledge I gain outweighs any danger that I may be put in.

I wouldnt be so sure, but thats just my opinion..JN

Why, what can happen?

I haven't read about ghosts and stuff for years like you guys have, but in my brief readings, I haven't read about a ghost doing anything that would harm a person besides making them really tired.

I suggest trying to become more spiritual, attending church regularly, talking with the father, all these may help. There is a temple in India, Hanuman Nagar, it is said that if you go there and look at the idol of Hanuman, all bad entities in your body will be gone.

When the idol was installed many many years ago, the eyes of the idol rapidly moved for 3 seconds, this is all recorded in history somewhere, sorry no time to find it. I have been there when I went on a trip to India and found many possessed individuals, there were people crawling all over walls, believe me I was a skeptic, but this really scared me. plus when you see the same person in two different rooms at the same time, it gets quite freaky. I saw the release of a possessed individual up close and since then have always told people to go there to resolve problems. So if you ever find yourself in India, help yourself, just google it.

I do regulary attend church, as well as pray. However, I want to learn as much about this as possible.

At this point in time, I do not want to make Mr. A leave. If I find evidence to make me believe that he is dangerous, I will definitly look into ways of getting him out.