Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Island of Madness

Gemini321

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LadyHay

• Radian

• Gemini321

• CrOM_94

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if I believe a lot of it is just folklore mixed with few facts.. but the story is very interesting...

I looked it up on Google Earth. Quite an intriguing place. Its certainly plausible that people were indeed dumped there to die. The plague frightened people enough to do the most horrible things to their own.

it is very interesting, but im not so sure that all is true.......aniway i would like to visit that island if it were true........and there are a lot of interesting stories there to

Heres some good stuff in this thread:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread180909/pg1

or you can do what my husband and I did:

we found the seediest, non-Italian taxi driver to take us there.

if you want to hear our story check out his blog on myspace:

blog.myspace.com...

He hasn't finished the story yet but I'll get on him to do it. He'll have pictures that we took while on the island as well.

But I couldnt get on the myspace blog because I'm not a friend and dunno how to do all that.

With a link to something called the "Crap Factory" and the evil doctor made this seem fake in some aspects. However, the island to dump plague victims on is very plausible.

Edited by Orcseeker

Heres some good stuff in this thread:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread180909/pg1

But I couldnt get on the myspace blog because I'm not a friend and dunno how to do all that.

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to understand this is just a urban legend.

Today there are plans to build cultural center on the island, connected with the project to make Venezia (venice) and the sourronding area a european and international cultural center (venezia reborn). The only reason it's not open to tourist it's because the island (right now) its still a private proprierty.

There is no mention about any psychiatrist hospital on the island, the closest were instead situated on the island of s.Clemente.

Most what is written in the article is just a bunch of babble. Yes it used to be a lazaret, but with medical personel and a small military garrison and a church. After the napoleonic age the island became first a Austrian military base and then later it was a Italian miitary HQ with a strong AAA defense, during the WWII there were also a small german military presence. After the war it became a resthouse for elders. Uintil in 1968 it was sold to farmers, witch some live there.

No scary story, no bones in the water, no suicidal mengele style doctors, no scream in the night.

I dont say there are no ghost's, but I suspect somebody set this story up to attract touristes when the island finally opens to pubblicum again.

ps

the story reminds me also a little bit the movie "house on the haunted hill", we only need the revolt of the mad people and the story is complete.

Sounds like the island from the show Lost...

Anyway, I think a lot of the data has been exaggerated, because when I searched it, I came up with similar stories, but with much less examples of supernatural evil.

Here's a few links:

Little historical article on the island.

Creepy pics on this site...

Even more pictures... <--- This one is almost funny, they have like extremely scary captions on each photo, if everything happened the way these captions said it did, they would be rich from the photographic proof. They even say that they had the stains tested in Venice, and that the dark stuff streaming down the walls was blood.

Interesting...but I think it's becoming quite an exaggerated story. Horrible things probably did happen there, and if there are spirits, this is definitely the place they would be hanging out.

Hmm what was the name of that tv show in ABC family with Linda Blair hosting it? I'm 75% sure that they sent a family to that island...if it wasn't that show, it was another one like that one, but a family/group of friends did go to that island and didn't seem that scary at all