Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

English civil war ghost captured on film

UM-Bot

user posted image rA ghostly figure, supposedly the spirit of a dead soldier from a key battle in the English Civil War, has been captured on film by a group of paranormal enthusiasts. The Northampton Paranormal Group caught the figure on camera during a visit to the site of the Battle of Naseby, a field between the villages of Clipston and Naseby in Northamptonshire, last month.

The visit coincided with the 363rd Anniversary of the Battle of Naseby.

news icon View: Full Article | Source: The Telegraph

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nobodieshere

• Papaver

• chaoszerg

• BrownHyena

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the way some people say they can see a soldier on his own and some say they see him sitting on a horse. Well, it can't be both. This shows the brain piecing together an image from random bits of light and dark.

I was hoping for an actual video from the article itself. Oh well. The 'spirit' almost looks like an old Fresco painting.

Yeah...........that's just light filtering between a couple of trees..................... <_<

I took the picture and blew it up. It seems to be manipulated and the soldier looks like more of a painting as does the background scene. You can clearly see a sword hanging from his hip but he is not on a horse. He is standing legs spread apart.

JMO, but it looks manufactured.

post-74132-1216137022_thumb.jpg

Despite my last post and having seen that image enlarged I now think that the image has had something added.

I like the picture anyway.

Yeah...........that's just light filtering between a couple of trees..................... <_<

Exactly what I was going to say.

It's the skyline behind the silhouetted tree's.

The image isn't high resolution so it could have easily been something other than a ghost. Or it could be a photoshopped image. I could easily do this in like 5 minutes.

I thick its rather cool to be open to the possabilities and try not to read between the line so much.

• 3 months later...

Great picture, to us it looks like the figure is on horseback, you can see the horses head with a decorative yoke around it’s neck. The figure appears to be in a relaxed riding posture. What looks like legs, to us looks like the decorative neck piece and the figures coat tail.

I like the way some people say they can see a soldier on his own and some say they see him sitting on a horse. Well, it can't be both. This shows the brain piecing together an image from random bits of light and dark.

Yes, of course. There is nothing there, it's all in our heads, let's ignore it.

Or rather, let's explore why our minds are putting a person there. Why is it that the lights and shadows in that particular place cause people to see this.

Let me explain.

Imagine a man. This man is middle-aged, nothing quite special about him. It might be you, or it might be a friend or a relative. Doesn't matter. Now, imagine this man carrying a hand shaped rock.

Okay, do you see it in your head now? The man carrying a hand shaped rock?

Now you have to come to a realization: The rock is not hand shaped. It's just a random rock formation. You decided that it looks like a hand. You projected the idea of a hand on this rock. But why?

Let's apply this to this ghost. If your soul or whatever could linger around after you die, why would it wear clothes? Why would it still be shaped like a human being? Why would it be riding a horse? Why would it even need a mouth, or eyes? The ghost is just another hand shaped rock.

The things are there. And the way we perceive them is by projecting them on objects that exist.

Edited by Lizardian_guy

You know its funny that allot of these replies are so closed minded not only about this story but on this site altogether do not try to give scientific answer to ever unexplained image but more so enjoy the possibility that something unexplained is actually there, I know everyone wants to know what Ghost are and where they may come from but the fact still remain they are GHOST and forever will be now isn't that more exciting than to try and debunk every article out there. Its an AWESOME image/video of civil war ghost enjoy it.

do not try to give scientific answer to ever unexplained image but more so enjoy the possibility that something unexplained is actually there,

What a silly thing to say.

isn't that more exciting than to try and debunk every article out there.

So what you want people to do is just go OoOoOoO something unexplained and not even attempt to try and figure it out, because it will spoil the thought of it maybe being a real ghost.