Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sarah Palin: Extremist

Lt_Ripley

8/29/2008

Here are some extremist positions by Palin:

She’s against abortion, even in cases of rape and incest.

She supports teaching creationism in schools.

She denies global warming and opposed listing polar bears as an endangered species because it might prevent off-shore drilling.

Speaking of drilling, she supports drilling in ANWR.

I guess not surprising, Palin is in big oil’s pocket.

http://www.alternet.org/story/96945/theocr...on/?page=entire

http://madwombat.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/...alin-extremist/

-Palin is currently in the middle of a controversial gas pipeline project in Alaska. She’s favored the ‘Trans Canada’ proposal that will run the pipeline through Canada, in effect shipping US jobs over the border. Many Alaskans, including former governors, have favored the “All Alaska Route”.

-She is also suing the federal government over listing the polar bears as a threatened species. The science was even compelling enough to convince the Secretary of the Interior that the bears needed to be listed. But acknowledgement of this issue, and the potential disruption to development on Alaska’s oil-rich north slope spurred Palin to attempt to stop the listing.

Does she want to open ANWR? Yes. Every politician in Alaska wants to open ANWR. It’s basically a requirement if you ever hope to get elected for anything. Even Mark Begich, the progressive Democrat running against the indicted Senator and Alaskan institution Ted Stevens, is pro-drilling. That’s the sea we swim in up here. There are a few anti-drilling folks, but you have to look hard to find them, and work hard to have them admit it.

Will all this wash with voters in the ‘Lower 48′? Time will tell.

cont to troopergate

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

to women taking birth control ? Here's the group thinking Palin belongs too -

It also appears that Sarah Palin is a member of a misnamed group called Feminists for Life. FFL in fact engages in "cultural appropriation" of women's suffrage icons to promote a very woman-unfriendly agenda that--despite attempts to sound "not like those crazies in Operation Rescue"--would not only criminalise abortion but the IUD and hormonal birth control methods, and potentially everything outside the rhythm method (the term "abortifacient birth control" is a codephrase in the dominionist "pro-life" community for hormonal birth control--partly due to a unique urban legend claiming "the pill" and other hormonal birth control causes abortion and partly because of a unique definition of pregnancy beginning at conception rather than at implantation (the latter is what most mainstream OB/GYNs use) and thus making anything preventing implantation potentially "abortifacient").

- she'd leave you with only the rhythm method. lol good luck with that. More on her religion/beliefs here.

Palin and the neopentecostal dominionists

And troopergate is FAR from over.

Take a few hours off, and see what happens? Apparently it’s not possible to blink these days without missing the latest bit of Palin drama. While I was out snapping photos of the governor’s home town of Wasilla and its environs, the state of Alaska was busy running an errand for Sarah - finding her a lawyer Yes, she’s lawyered up. And the sparks are flying already.

It all goes back to Troopergate. If you need to consult the Troopergate Primer, go to http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/08/29/w...ns-perspective/

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

cont........

http://mudflats.wordpress.com/

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SoCrazes

• MasterPo

• BlindMessiah

• Lt_Ripley

Your hatred knows no bounds. :angry: Do not: Post propaganda, smear or hate pieces about political figures or candidates.

Just don't vote for her, but your not going to sway anyone with all that venom.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

Your hatred knows no bounds. :angry:

that didn't stop you cons from lying and and saying things like Obama was muslim did it ? This is actually facts on Palin. boo hoo for you. funny you brown nosers are good at slinging the crap but are too weak to take it.

OMGSH!!!!!! :hmm:

Why all the hate and drama????

Vote for who you want.... I know I will

McCAIN ALL THE WAY!

Edited by Nxt2Hvn

that didn't stop you cons from lying and and saying things like Obama was muslim did it ? This is actually facts on Palin. boo hoo for you. funny you brown nosers are good at slinging the crap but are too weak to take it.

Never said he was a Muslim. Name ONE statement where I have lied about Obama.

Queen of the vile nasty propaganda....looks who talking! :wacko:

GREAT POST. summed up everything about the now desperate republican party. Its a JOKE that they think that they can get all of Hilary's supporters.

Your hatred knows no bounds. :angry: Do not: Post propaganda, smear or hate pieces about political figures or candidates.

We're in a debate forum on the presidency. She didn't break any rules if the statement was true... unlike you who called liberals terrorists.

In case you plan on denying it...

get back to supporting you liberal terrorist friends.
Edited by BlindMessiah

GREAT POST. summed up everything about the now desperate republican party. Its a JOKE that they think that they can get all of Hilary's supporters.

The Republican party didn't select Palin, that was John McCain. I never supported him and, in fact I like Palin better than him.

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, they're scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

The Republican party didn't select Palin, that was John McCain. I never supported him and, in fact I like Palin better than him.

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, there scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

The only way Clinton would go against Palin in 2012 is if McCain wins in '08, dies in office, and Palin is thus president. There is no other scenario. So seems a tad silly.

And that makes her a "extremist?" Because of her beliefs? If that's what she believes then that's what she believes.

I don't find her to be "extreme." I really don't have an opinion on her right now.

Edited by MoonPrincess

We're in a debate forum on the presidency. She didn't break any rules if the statement was true... unlike you who called liberals terrorists.

In case you plan on denying it...

When did I call all liberals terrorists or all terrorists liberals? Sure, show me the quote.

Ok, I see you edited your post. I was referring to Lt. Ripley and several previous statements where she openly supports terrorists who are LIBERALS.

Edited by Aztec Warrior

The only way Clinton would go against Palin in 2012 is if McCain wins in '08, dies in office, and Palin is thus president. There is no other scenario. So seems a tad silly.

Or Obama is not re-elected, assuming he wins.

She will be a rising star in the years to come and I won't be surprised to see a Clinton Palin duel in 2012. That's why the liberals are going after her, they're scared. No other logical reason, especially since they wouldn't vote for McCain no matter what.

Clinton has worked hard for where she is now. Shes a million times more intelligent than Palin. Stop judging people frm the gender and starting looking at them as what they are. There are plenty of republicans much more qualified than Palin, but they chose her because of Feminist extremists.

She denies global warming and opposed listing polar bears as an endangered species because it might prevent off-shore drilling.

I'm pro choice so I disagree with that.

I think organized religion is the worst thing mankind has ever created.

I like that she isn't falling for the global warming scam at least. She's right in disagreeing with the polar bear listing too, it makes to no sense to put a species that's population is only going up on the endangered species list.

I believe that if there's oil to drill, no matter where it is, take it. It's a resource that we need until the free market can produce a viable alternative.

Never said he was a Muslim. Name ONE statement where I have lied about Obama.

Queen of the vile nasty propaganda....looks who talking! :wacko:

I'm speaking of the big YOU. The whole party. and what I've posted is fact. Propaganda , like the whole muslim brewhaha is propaganda.

She pretty much stands for what I believe in ... and since I already plan on voting for McCain... she just makes it even better! :tu:

true the republican party did not select Palin. Supposedly many aren't happy in high places at the choice. Many wanted Romney.

liberals aren't scared we're estatic !! If this was to be a help with garnering womens vote ... lol.

When did I call all liberals terrorists or all terrorists liberals? Sure, show me the quote.

Ok, I see you edited your post. I was referring to Lt. Ripley and several previous statements where she openly supports terrorists who are LIBERALS.

where have I supported terrorists ?

I like that she isn't falling for the global warming scam at least. She's right in disagreeing with the polar bear listing too, it makes to no sense to put a species that's population is only going up on the endangered species list.

I believe that if there's oil to drill, no matter where it is, take it. It's a resource that we need until the free market can produce a viable alternative.

the free market isn't going to want to produce a viable alternative until they absolutely have too. If they had really worked on it when proposed by Carter we'd be off the oil tit by now. If they really started working on it when even Bush brought it up via 2002 we'd be further ahead than we are.

Paul Pickens has a good plan

http://www.pickensplan.com/theplan/

Edited by Lt_Ripley

the free market isn't going to want to produce a viable alternative until they absolutely have too. If they had really worked on it when proposed by Carter we'd be off the oil tit by now. If they really started working on it when even Bush brought it up via 2002 we'd be further ahead than we are.

As soon as the technology/method exists for the mass production of an alternative source of energy/fuel that can be sold for a profit, it will be made. Whether the government, an existing corporation or Joe Guy creates it in his garage, it won't happen any sooner than lots of money can be made.

One company has already created a vehicle, the Aptera, that's hybrid-type gets around 200 mpg(although I believe that begins to decrease after about 120 miles or so). That kind of gas mileage is a direct result of the free market's ability to supply what the general public demands. It's electric-type has a 120 mile range.

Edited by Wickian

That's funny, I've heard Pickens' commercials, and he states "Drill and drill now."

Of course he realizes it's a stopgap measure, that the US can't solely rely upon petroleum drilling.

He also advocates utilizing natural gas for vehicle fuel. From the Pickens link:

Natural gas and bio-fuels are the only domestic energy sources used for transportation.

Cleaner

Natural gas is the cleanest transportation fuel available today.

According to the California Energy Commission, critical greenhouse gas emissions from natural gas are 23% lower than diesel and 30% lower than gasoline.

Natural gas vehicles (NGV) are already available and combine top performance with low emissions. The natural gas Honda Civic GX is rated as the cleanest production vehicle in the world.

According to NGVAmerica, there are more than 7 million NGVs in use worldwide, but only 150,000 of those are in the United States.

The EPA estimates that vehicles on the road account for 60% of carbon monoxide pollution and around one-third of hydrocarbon and nitrogen oxide emissions in the United States. As federal and state emissions laws become more stringent, many requirements will be unattainable with conventionally fueled vehicles.

Since natural gas is significantly cleaner than petroleum, NGVs are increasing in popularity. The Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach recently announced that 16,800 old diesel trucks will be replaced, and half of the new vehicles will run on alternatives such as natural gas.

Cheaper

Natural gas is significantly less expensive than gasoline or diesel. In places like Utah and Oklahoma, prices are less than $1 a gallon. To see fueling stations and costs in your area, check out cngprices.com.

Domestic

Natural gas is our country's second largest energy resource and a vital component of our energy supply. 98% of the natural gas used in the United States is from North America. But 70% of our oil is purchased from foreign nations.

Natural gas is one of the cleanest, safest and most useful forms of energy — residentially, commercially and industrially. The natural gas industry has existed in the United States for over 100 years and continues to grow.

Domestic natural gas reserves are twice that of petroleum. And new discoveries of natural gas and ongoing development of renewable biogas are continually adding to existing reserves.

While it is a cheap, effective and versatile fuel, less than 1% of natural gas is currently used for transportation.

Interestingly, Alaska governor Palin is obviously onboard with Pickens:

"One of the governor's top priorities has been getting a natural-gas pipeline built from Alaska's vast North Slope oilfields. With Prudhoe Bay and other fields being steadily depleted, state officials have long pegged their economic future on a pipeline to transfer the huge amounts of natural gas on the North Slope to the rest of the U.S.

But she took the bidding process outside the state, rather than continue negotiating primarily with Alaska's existing oil producers as her predecessor had done. In a snub to the oil majors, she has proposed TransCanada Corp., a Calgary-based energy company, be given the primary contract to lead the $30 billion job along with $500 million in matching grants. She just signed a bill the legislature passed allowing that to happen.

BP and ConocoPhillips, meanwhile, have come up with their own proposal to build a gas pipeline. Gov. Palin says she has privately assured oil executives there will be more than enough business for everyone, and outside observers give her credit for getting the ball rolling after years of inertia. "She has created momentum every step of the way," says Drue Pearce, head of the Office of Federal Coordinator for Alaska Natural Gas Transportation Projects."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1220026158...=googlenews_wsj

Edited by Incorrigible1

Or Obama is not re-elected, assuming he wins.

Ummm... it's nearly impossible to beat the sitting president for the nomination.

8/29/2008

Here are some extremist positions by Palin:

I guess not surprising, Palin is in big oil’s pocket.

Sounds like a winner to me! :tu:

McCain might go for one term for all we know.

I'd say I pretty much agree with all of that. Especially the oil part. Look at Russia. They're smart. They're gobbling up every bit of oil and fossil fuels that they can get their hands on. While we're here worrying about the polar bears.