Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Another Sphinx TV special in the wings ?

UM-Bot

Candace Talmadge: Is a sequel to The Mystery of the Sphinx possible at last? The men featured in the 95-minute documentary, author John Anthony West and geologist Robert M. Schoch, are on the verge of finding out. The two are in southeastern Turkey for a week starting May 22 to inspect Gobekli Tepe, an enormous excavation under the direction of German archeologist Klaus Schmidt.

Sphinx initially aired on NBC in November of 1993. It earned an Emmy Award for best documentary and was viewed ultimately by more than 200 million people worldwide. The controversy it generated was been nonstop since, according to West.

In the film, West and Schoch, a geologist and associate professor of natural science at Boston University, argue that the erosion patterns on the walls of the Sphinx enclosure and on the Sphinx itself were from water, not desert sands.

If the Sphinx’s erosion was caused by water, it means that the mysterious monument with the lion’s body and man’s head was built far earlier than the 2,500 BCE construction date ascribed to it by traditional Egyptologists.

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paracelse

• UM-Bot

• pallidin

• puridalan

Interesting read. I love it when stuff like this is discovered.

It said 1993...thats 17 years ago..did anyone else take that into account?

Excellent sense of humor. ;)

Anthony West has another agenda which he doesn't mention anywhere. He admits being a follower of René Adolphe Schwaller de Lubicz who was an extremist who designed the SA's uniform before leaving Alsace for Egypt prior to WWII. He was a racist who tried to prove the supremacy of one race, the race of the ancient. Now if I did enjoy being proven right (for the longest time I disagreed with traditional historians) I don't particularly enjoy seeing West doing to proving.

Anthony West has another agenda which he doesn't mention anywhere. He admits being a follower of René Adolphe Schwaller de Lubicz who was an extremist who designed the SA's uniform before leaving Alsace for Egypt prior to WWII. He was a racist who tried to prove the supremacy of one race, the race of the ancient. Now if I did enjoy being proven right (for the longest time I disagreed with traditional historians) I don't particularly enjoy seeing West doing to proving.

Have you read West's Serpent in the Sky? This is the book in which West examines Schwaller de Lubicz's theories about the ancient Egyptians. The message isn't that the ancient Egyptians were superior to modern races. The message is that archeologists have misinterpreted and misunderstood ancient Egyptian society, which de Lubicz regarded as a legacy of an even greater society with unknown origins. Maybe the society that built the Sphinx.

I find traditional explanations for how the pyramids were constructed to be absolutely ludicrous. If we cannot, with today's construction technology, move the massive pyramid stones or place them so close together that a knife cannt be inserted between them, there is no way that men alone using ropes and logs could have moved those stones into place. Yet that is the only explanation archeologists have for the pyramids' construction. It leaves more far more questions than it answers.

Maybe West left de Lubicz'z politics out of Serpent in the Sky. I don't much care one way or another. De Lubicz's insight about the erosion of the Sphinx coming from water will end up changing the world, even if the man himself was less than perfect.

Have you read West's Serpent in the Sky? This is the book in which West examines Schwaller de Lubicz's theories about the ancient Egyptians. The message isn't that the ancient Egyptians were superior to modern races. The message is that archeologists have misinterpreted and misunderstood ancient Egyptian society, which de Lubicz regarded as a legacy of an even greater society with unknown origins. Maybe the society that built the Sphinx.

I find traditional explanations for how the pyramids were constructed to be absolutely ludicrous. If we cannot, with today's construction technology, move the massive pyramid stones or place them so close together that a knife cannt be inserted between them, there is no way that men alone using ropes and logs could have moved those stones into place. Yet that is the only explanation archeologists have for the pyramids' construction. It leaves more far more questions than it answers.

Maybe West left de Lubicz'z politics out of Serpent in the Sky. I don't much care one way or another. De Lubicz's insight about the erosion of the Sphinx coming from water will end up changing the world, even if the man himself was less than perfect.

I haven't read Serpent in the Sky, however I did read most of the work of de Lubicz. He does have some serious insights indeed, but his conclusions helped support many of the racial superiority politics and from what I understand about West, he is also a fervent supporter of it.

I'm afraid of seeing him becoming the next Hans Hoerbiger.

• 1 month later...

If they can prove West is right his Politics doesn't matter, you can still dislike the guy.

iiiiinteresting. Wonder why it's taken them so long to get to that sequel. I remember watching that.