Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Hessdalen

Big Bad Voodoo

Hello guys,

...This why I start reading about UFOs in the first place. Hessdalen phenomena is really interesting. If you know anything about Hessdalen lights in the sky please share your information. I would like to hear your opinion about Hessdalen LITS. (However it is wrong to say Hessdalen LITS since phenomena is more complex then we think. There are not just LITS there are saucer and cigar shape objects.)If you know about similar story be free to share it. I personaly have two versions. One is that is some nature phenomena like thunder .Second version would be that we have job with ET from other dimension. Anyways judge for yourself.

Okay, I will start with this great documentary. For me it is must see. Great documentary. Interesting that they connected pheonomena to the rare earth element Scandium. Interesting that Russians made their airship MIG with Scandium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKpECnEgjzA

youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxJg1tu20

youtube.com/watch?v=9MmB9kOYHEc

youtube.com/watch?v=f49yag7Kwy0

youtube.com/watch?v=CspCz8DVr7Q

Hessdalen on ufoevidence.org:

Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week. As no official institute with governmental support in Norway seemed to be interested in these strange lights, five individual researchers began their own research project in 1983: Project Hessdalen. A field investigation was carried out between 21.January and 26.February 1984. Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year. An automatic measurement station was put up in Hessdalen in August 1998.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/topics/projecthessdalen.htm

Also you can find some great links on that site.

Video from Hessdalen Automatic Measurement Station:

Hessdalen pictures:

http://www.hessdalen.org/pictures/

from project Hessdalen

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

National Geographic about Hessdalen

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/mysterious-science-episodes/4556/Overview#tab-Videos/07859_00

Hynek in Hessdalen

Reports:

http://www.hessdalen.org/reports/ProjectHessdalen-story-April2002.pdf

A radar measured the distance and speed of the

phenomena. The highest speed recorded was on a

light travelling towards the north with a speed of

30.000 km/h. The radar managed to capture the

phenomena, when our eyes saw nothing, while it was

invisible.

The spectrumanalyzer we used measure all the frequencies between 100 KHz and 1200

MHz, and can see if any radio or TV-channels will be disturbed. There was noise

sometimes. The noise had harmonics with 80 MHz between each, which covered the whole

the band. The level of the amplitude moved up and down every 2 seconds (a frequency of

about 0,5 Hz).

Hessdalen - Final technical report 1984

http://www.hessdalen.org/reports/hpreport84.shtml

3.7 Laser

We used the laser, and pointed it towards a flashing light, in two different cases, totally 9 times. 8 of these times, there was a reaction.

Massimo Teodorani about Hessdalen

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_18_2_teodorani.pdf

Well now you have something to read :tu:

• Like 1

Awesome post L! :tu:

Lot of good information here, and there is more out there. I'll try to add some later when I have more time.

For anyone wondering about the additional YouTube links in the OP, just copy the link info posted by L (i.e. youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxJg1tu20 under the first video in the OP) and paste it into your browser's Address after the http://

And L, to make it easier on people you might want to create the links so that they are clickable, like so:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxJg1tu20

Cheers. :)

Thanks for this post. I heard of this one a long time ago but forgot about it until now. I'll have to look up more.

@Boony

Thanks Boony. As I said earlier this case really intrest me. Well I tried to put all videos like the first one but there are some restriction. So I deleted "http://www.". I will do it next time.

“We used the laser, and pointed it towards a flashing light, in two different cases, totally 9 times. 8 of these times, there was a reaction.

In the first case, there was a regular flashing light, slowly moving towards north, on Sunday 12 February at 7.35 pm. The flashing had been regular all the time we had seen the light. The light moved slowly. From the first time we saw it in the south, until it disappeared in the north, it took about 15 minutes. When this light was in the northern part of Finns†h›gda, we pointed the laser towards it for the first time. At once, it changed the flashing sequence: From a regular flashing light, it became a regular double-flashing light: Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash....... After about 10 seconds, we put the laser down, at once it became a regular single-flashing light again:Flash......Flash......Flash...... After about 10 seconds we repeated this again. It was repeated totally 4 times before it went out of sight. All the times, we got this double-flashing, when the laser was pointing at it.”

What do you say about this. Sign of intelligence ? Science call that photo-reactive capability. :blush:

It is interesting that we capture phenomena on the radar yet it was invisible to our eyes.

The light phenomenon often shows strong radar tracks, including when it is optically faint or almost invisible. In some cases in which it is visible, it shows no radar track.

There are cases where Large light ball eject small light ball. That is interesting.

In some cases there are like solid objects.

In some cases we have different colors-for example one big white light with one small blue light and with one small red light.

Also speed and movement of different colors are different.

Lightballs in 5% cases join togheter creating geometrical triangulr shape.

Light phenomena shows in the sky and on the ground.

The light phenomenon is always preceded by very short-lasting flashes.

Night vision systems revealed that the light phenomenon produces a very strong infrared signature even when it is very faint or invisible in the optical range.

The light phenomenon is suspected of being able to release spherical iron particles onto the ground.

And its all scientifically proven by project Hessdalen and project EMBLA.

Edited by the L

L Where did it say that we captured phenomena on the radar but couldn't see it with our eyes? I missed that one...or am I just not understanding? It is also interesting about the large ball ejecting a small one.

L Where did it say that we captured phenomena on the radar but couldn't see it with our eyes? I missed that one...or am I just not understanding? It is also interesting about the large ball ejecting a small one.

Invisible to our eyes.

page 3

under 2)

also you can find that here same as small ball ejecting a small one.

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_18_2_teodorani.pdf

Page 233

Under title:

Ejection of mini light ball

Thank you very much, still looking for the ejected ball though.

You will find it. In that link I gave you. What really scared me is that these light phenomenan are able to appear and disappear to our eyes. Yes they are there but they have like some switch "off" and "on". Also fact that they are able to land to the ground. I can already imagine situations like someone walks trough the wood then see trough the trees some pulsating light on ground. I would be scared as hell.

Also it is interesting that very short lasting flashes that preceded phenomenan. There are stories where people say that they saw flashes circa 5 meter of them. Then they saw light pheonomena.

And stories about lights on solid objects are scaring.

Ofcourse most intriguing part is photo-reactive capability.

Edited by the L

You will find it. In that link I gave you. What really scared me is that these light phenomenan are able to appear and disappear to our eyes. Yes they are there but they have like some switch "off" and "on". Also fact that they are able to land to the ground. I can already imagine situations like someone walks trough the wood then see trough the trees some pulsating light on ground. I would be scared as hell.

I just found it. Sorry I'm a slow reader. Why does it scare you that they can turn off and on? I feel like it's the same as any craft that lands and is unidentifiable. I think it's only normal to be "scared as hell," but also very intriguing. One wonders if they'd run or come in for a closer look. ;)

Fascinating, good compilation L.

:tu:

The invisible ones are very interesting aren't they. Could explain many radar claims.

You can see a ball being absorbed on this video. Pretty cool stuff.

My mom and sister once told me that they saw an orange light coming out of my bedroom window and as it got higher in the sky it separated into two orbs of light. I wish I could have seen it. Interesting video clip though.

Fascinating, good compilation L.

:tu:

The invisible ones are very interesting aren't they. Could explain many radar claims.

Thanks psyche. Invisible are intresting indeed. As many things about Light phenomena.

What I really dont understand is this:

The spectrumanalyzer we used measure all the frequencies between 100 KHz and 1200

sometimes. The noise had harmonics with 80 MHz between each, which covered the whole

the band. The level of the amplitude moved up and down every 2 seconds (a frequency of

about 0,5 Hz).

this:

"The light phenomenon is often accompanied by a pulsating magnetic

perturbation with a period of few Hz and by small and very-short-duration

pulsating ‘‘spikes’’ in the HF radio ranges"

and this:

Sometimes long-lasting Doppler-like signals are recorded in the VLF range,

mostly when the light phenomenon is not visible.

Here also something interesting about ejecting smaller balls from the same site I gave before:

Luminosity increases in a drastic way because of the sudden appearance of

many small light balls around a larger luminous core. The luminosity increase

is caused only by the dimensional increase of the composite light surface formed by the cluster of light balls.

Some of these secondary light balls are

often ejected from the core.

Thanks psyche. Invisible are intresting indeed. As many things about Light phenomena.

What I really dont understand is this:

about 0,5 Hz).

this:

"The light phenomenon is often accompanied by a pulsating magnetic

perturbation with a period of few Hz and by small and very-short-duration

pulsating ‘‘spikes’’ in the HF radio ranges"

and this:

Sometimes long-lasting Doppler-like signals are recorded in the VLF range,

mostly when the light phenomenon is not visible.

Here also something interesting about ejecting smaller balls from the same site I gave before:

Luminosity increases in a drastic way because of the sudden appearance of

many small light balls around a larger luminous core. The luminosity increase

is caused only by the dimensional increase of the composite light surface formed by the cluster of light balls.

Some of these secondary light balls are

often ejected from the core.

Radio harmonics are additional frequencies that are a a multiple integer of the original frequency. (eg Freq 1 = 150 Hz, Freq 2 = 300 Hz, Freq 4 = 450 Hz, Freq 5 = 600 Hz and so on) The wavy lines on paper that show the strength of the signal is the amplitude, so it got stronger and weaker - slightly by the sound of it. (You have probably seen RMS on a music stereo ID card at some time, that is the total distance between the peak and trough of this wave)

Occasionally they managed to pick up on some unknown "radio noise" that carried the aforementioned harmonics.

If I understand what they are saying about the doppler effect, they are picking up on a signal that appears to "Pass by them" - gets louder and then quieter like an approaching vehicle that goes past you and down the road. (VLF = Very Low Frequency Range)

The small balls of light that increase in luminosity bring laser light to mind, a different thing, but still a concentration of light. Perhaps something similar to a recent observation where light was reflected upon itself in a curved environment to make many photons act like a single large one.

Link - Sea of photons made to act as one 'super-photon'

Fascinating L, real food for thought there. Good thread :tu:

Good one Boon, thanks for sharing.

Top vid that one.

The lights are really interesting. I also find it interesting that there really is not much of a conclusive explanation for them.

Though, the combustion of clouds and dust from the valley floor containing the rare element scandium, is an interesting explanation,

I just do not find it very plausible.

If you pay close attention to some of the videos the lights seem intelligent, almost life like in movement.

Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing L.

Edited by Archaic

The lights are really interesting. I also find it interesting that there really is not much of a conclusive explanation for them.

Though, the combustion of clouds and dust from the valley floor containing the rare element scandium, is an interesting explanation,

I just do not find it very plausible.

If you pay close attention to some of the videos the lights seem intelligent, almost life like in movement.

Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing L.

Conclusion of the science was "...its behavior most often unpredictable."

It is interesting that when researchers pointed laser in light phenomena there were reactions.

And thanks Archaic.

Radio harmonics are additional frequencies that are a a multiple integer of the original frequency. (eg Freq 1 = 150 Hz, Freq 2 = 300 Hz, Freq 4 = 450 Hz, Freq 5 = 600 Hz and so on) The wavy lines on paper that show the strength of the signal is the amplitude, so it got stronger and weaker - slightly by the sound of it. (You have probably seen RMS on a music stereo ID card at some time, that is the total distance between the peak and trough of this wave)

Occasionally they managed to pick up on some unknown "radio noise" that carried the aforementioned harmonics.

If I understand what they are saying about the doppler effect, they are picking up on a signal that appears to "Pass by them" - gets louder and then quieter like an approaching vehicle that goes past you and down the road. (VLF = Very Low Frequency Range)

The small balls of light that increase in luminosity bring laser light to mind, a different thing, but still a concentration of light. Perhaps something similar to a recent observation where light was reflected upon itself in a curved environment to make many photons act like a single large one.

Link - Sea of photons made to act as one 'super-photon'

Fascinating L, real food for thought there. Good thread :tu:

Thanks that helps. From there I can take it on my own. I thought that was some radio noise.

On page 7 on this site you can see a small light, just beneath the main light, moving into the big light.

Im glad that you like thread.

Edited by the L

Conclusion of the science was "...its behavior most often unpredictable."

It is interesting that when researchers pointed laser in light phenomena there were reactions.

Hi L,

While highly interesting, it's actually not that mysterious. By shining light on it you infuse energy and change the equilibrium :-)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi L,

While highly interesting, it's actually not that mysterious. By shining light on it you infuse energy and change the equilibrium :-)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi Badeskov.

I mentioned earlier in post 4 that science call that photo-reactive capability. However some researchers think differently. And this is why:

"One week after our test with the laser, a red light move around the feet of the observers, on

the ground. It looked just as if a similar laser as ours was used. It lasted only a couple of

seconds, and not long enough to find out where it came from. The only place it could have

come from was above us in the sky.

Occasionally some of the observers felt a waving movement, just as if they were sitting in a

boat in the ocean. Those who felt this described the same direction on the waving, but the

frequency was different for each person who felt it. Such feeling may come if the brain is in a

strong low-frequency EM-field. There were no instruments that could measure if such an EMfield was present when this feeling came.

The headquarter was located on a hill. The distance to the nearest place we could get 220V

power was 600 m. The 600m power cable was lying on the ground. Many times the power

failed when the light phenomena was arriving. Just after it disappeared the power came back

again. This happened many times, but not every time"

After they did laser test they often felt like there are in the boat and they saw unknown laser light and they start to loosing power.

Edited by the L

Hello,

Thank you. I will spend the next few days looking over the references you have provided and then, I will get back to you. Thanks again!

sky

Hello guys,

...This why I start reading about UFOs in the first place. Hessdalen phenomena is really interesting. If you know anything about Hessdalen lights in the sky please share your information. I would like to hear your opinion about Hessdalen LITS. (However it is wrong to say Hessdalen LITS since phenomena is more complex then we think. There are not just LITS there are saucer and cigar shape objects.)If you know about similar story be free to share it. I personaly have two versions. One is that is some nature phenomena like thunder .Second version would be that we have job with “ET” from other dimension. Anyways judge for yourself.

Okay, I will start with this great documentary. For me it is must see. Great documentary. Interesting that they connected pheonomena to the rare earth element Scandium. Interesting that Russians made their airship MIG with Scandium.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZKpECnEgjzA

youtube.com/watch?v=LIxxJg1tu20

youtube.com/watch?v=9MmB9kOYHEc

youtube.com/watch?v=f49yag7Kwy0

youtube.com/watch?v=CspCz8DVr7Q

Hessdalen on ufoevidence.org:

Hessdalen is a small valley in the central part of Norway. At the end of 1981 through 1984, residents of the Valley became concerned and alarmed about strange, unexplained lights that appeared at many locations throughout the Valley. Hundreds of lights were observed. At the peak of activity there were about 20 reports a week. As no official institute with governmental support in Norway seemed to be interested in these strange lights, five individual researchers began their own research project in 1983: Project Hessdalen. A field investigation was carried out between 21.January and 26.February 1984. Fifty-three light observations were made during the field investigation. Lights are still being observed in the Hessdalen Valley, but their frequency has decreased to about 20 observations a year. An automatic measurement station was put up in Hessdalen in August 1998.

http://www.ufoeviden...cthessdalen.htm

Also you can find some great links on that site.

Video from Hessdalen Automatic Measurement Station:

Hessdalen pictures:

http://www.hessdalen.org/pictures/

from project Hessdalen

http://www.hessdalen.org/index_e.shtml

National Geographic about Hessdalen

http://channel.natio...Videos/07859_00

Hynek in Hessdalen

Reports:

http://www.hessdalen...y-April2002.pdf

A radar measured the distance and speed of the

phenomena. The highest speed recorded was on a

light travelling towards the north with a speed of

30.000 km/h. The radar managed to capture the

phenomena, when our eyes saw nothing, while it was

invisible.

about 0,5 Hz).

http://www.hessdalen...preport84.shtml

3.7 Laser

We used the laser, and pointed it towards a flashing light, in two different cases, totally 9 times. 8 of these times, there was a reaction.

Massimo Teodorani about Hessdalen

http://www.scientifi...2_teodorani.pdf

Well now you have something to read :tu:

nice thread, the L. Amazing Phenom. I would assume it is Earth Lights of some sort. It looks very natural, not intelligent. Check This Page Out.

From that link.. They say that the lights in Hessdalen have decreased lately to about 20 sightings per year.

nice thread, the L. Amazing Phenom. I would assume it is Earth Lights of some sort. It looks very natural, not intelligent. Check This Page Out.

From that link.. They say that the lights in Hessdalen have decreased lately to about 20 sightings per year.

Thanks Mentalcase. I agree that is amazing. Most interesting case about UFO/ET I ever found. There are similarity with Earth lights but that theory is "rejected". There are some difference then usual Earth lights.

@Boony

There are clickable now :tu:

Edited by the L

Thanks Mentalcase. I agree that is amazing. Most interesting case about UFO/ET I ever found. There are similarity with Earth lights but that theory is "rejected". There are some difference then usual Earth lights.

OK, but do you think that it's under intelligent control?? I agree that it's very intriguing!!

OK, but do you think that it's under intelligent control?? I agree that it's very intriguing!!

I dont know what to think. My first reaction was "it is natural". On second tought I was confused.

When researchers done laser test wierd things happened. If what they saying is true then we must consider other options then natural. For now it is UFO.

At least we have real UFO research in front of us. Maybe that will help us in other cases.

EDIT:Lightballs in 5% cases join togheter creating geometrical triangular shape. That is wierd. :blink:

Edited by the L