Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New images of remote Brazil tribe

Still Waters

New pictures have been released of an isolated tribe living in rainforest on the Brazil-Peru border.

Brazil monitors many such tribes from the air, and they are known as "uncontacted" because they have only limited dealings with the outside world.

Photographs of the same tribe were released to the world two years ago.

Campaigners say the Panoan Indians are threatened by a rise in illegal logging on the Peruvian side of the border.

But Brazilian authorities believe the influx of loggers is pushing isolated Indians from Peru into Brazil, where the two groups could come into conflict.

Survival International, the campaign group that released the pictures, says the group is likely to be in good health, with baskets full of manioc and papaya vegetables grown in their communal "gardens".

arrow3.gifRead more...

More pics here-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1352174/Amazon-tribe-face-extinction-Pictures-life-depths-jungle.html

Edited by Still Waters
Additional source link added

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Still Waters

• Mr Supertypo

• Paracelse

• iDOLL

Would LOVE to visit and explore their culture, well unless of course they're cannibals. :o

Let's hope this logging issue gets resolved (doubt it) before there are conflicts between this tribe and the loggers. It's sad that the Peruvian Government are so flippant about this issue, I guess it's the whole 'as long as it's not in my backyard' attitude.....

The worst thing that can ever happen to these people is contact with "modern civilization", so-called, bringing with it dieases, drugs, alcoholism, business interests greedy for their land and resources, and missionaries beating them on the heads with their Bibles. God have mercy on these people, for their happiness is about to be killed forever.

The worst thing that can ever happen to these people is contact with "modern civilization", so-called, bringing with it dieases, drugs, alcoholism, business interests greedy for their land and resources, and missionaries beating them on the heads with their Bibles. God have mercy on these people, for their happiness is about to be killed forever.

I second that. There are so few left. Another hundred years if that and they will all be gone.

My guess is that a great deal depends on the type of contact made with the West. For example, read the book "Bruchko", an autobiography by Bruce Olson to see one example of good results by an interactive contact with the West. A brief synopsis of Bruce Olson's achievements can be read at this wiki source

Live, learn and prosper, :tu:

Karlis

Isn't it funny how the world can make a big deal about preserving animals on the brink of extinction but when it comes to undiscovered human tribes we just want to go in destroy their 'savage' culture?

So I got a hold of Starbucks and McDonalds; they had no idea that there were people left on earth who were not aware of the brand and regular customers. Next Thursday the cement pad is getting laid and by the first of March they should be up and running...

It isn't that strange. I spent some time in a nudist camp once, and I tend to be a very active person.

Thing of it is that...it gets in the way. It flops around all over the place. At the very least it's awkward. It is no surprise to me that the men, at least, need to tie things down.

I love how he put it...."They are the last Free People on this Planet." Too true, let's keep it that way.

How cool. Hope these people will be left alone. Here is another scenario that could be of harm to them that just crossed my mind. I know it's crazy but it could happen in this crazy time and age. What if some rich tycoon manage to buy all the land and it's surroundings these people live on and place fences around it and put live streaming camera's everywhere and starts a so called 'reality show' about these people. Ever seen 'the Truman show' ? I know.... i am crazy.

• 4 months later...

This isnt a lost tribe, how come in the first pics there is a girl/boy with a machete?

I remember that a couple years ago they showed one of these tribes in the news, and they were shooting arrows to an helicopter. I mean they may not be completely a lost tribe specially because of the kid with a machete, but IMO no "civilized" tribe would do that.

So I got a hold of Starbucks and McDonalds; they had no idea that there were people left on earth who were not aware of the brand and regular customers. Next Thursday the cement pad is getting laid and by the first of March they should be up and running...

Excellent :tu:

I've always wished I was born in a tribe never having to be in 'society' ever, and I am dead serious by this wish. I have wanted that since I was a child, it's too much too me too constantly live in a world such as this and I miss the true 'root' of things. These people make their own clothes, find their own water, food, shelter, this is really what I want to do ith my life. Of course the biggest thing is being accepted into a real tribe that will not hack off your head or eat you, but if able to assimlate into a tribe and under the right health conditions I certainly would want to try it. As for giving up computeres, tvs, ipods, cell phones, wouldn't phase me a snich. From the posts above I agree lord bless these beings so a ton of people don't try to make them civilized, kill them or other illegal acvitity. And laughs at the free people..so sad but true comment.

As for the people wonderhing how they got clothes, you do realize we can make clothes without big factorties and we can also make machetes and other weapons from hands..so if you think you can't, you might be a little more hard headed than I thought.

Edited by puridalan