Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Merged] FBI Roswell memo released

ohio state buckeyes

This week the FBI launched an online document archive that they’re calling The Vault. The site is an electronic reading room that has over 2,000 documents scanned that cover many different subjects. Unfortunately, it seems as if they didn’t censor the UFO documents well enough as within those is a memo written by the Special Agent in Charge of the Washington Field Office to the FBI Director on March 22, 1950 that confirms the Roswell UFO incident in 1947:

An investigator for the Air Force stated that three so-called flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico.

arrow3.gifRead more...

A fox link also

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/04/05/fbi-unveils-vault-including-unseen-11-records/

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMcGuffin

• booNyzarC

• lost_shaman

• Paxus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That document is genuine, and I've never seen another quite like it.

Of course, if they ever captured a live one (like EBE), there is no undisputed record of it:

Ohio state buckeyes -there's certainly some fascinating government UFO documentation out there but, although this FBI one is genuine, I think the incident may have been based on a cheeky hoax by Silas Newton and Leo A. GeBauer:

On May 31st and June 1st, 1998, on the nationally-syndicated radio programs Dreamland and The Art Bell Show, noted UFO researcher Linda Moulton Howe described a secret FBI memo from March 22nd, 1950, written to J. Edgar Hoover himself. Memo author Guy Hottel, of SAC, described an investigator's report of a flying saucer recovery in New Mexico, with mention of three saucers, three-foot tall bodies, metallic cloth, and bandaged alien bodies. The crash was supposedly due to interference from high-powered radar. But all of these elements (saucers, aliens, cloth and tape, radar site) have been firmly traced to the yarns spun by our two swindlers! William Moore even traced how the story got from Silas Newton to J. Edgar Hoover: Newton told George Koehler (employed at radio station KMYR in Denver), who told Morley Davies, who told Ford dealers Murphy and van Horn, who told auto dealer Fick, who told the editor of the Kansas City Wyandotte Echo. By that time, Koehler had become "Coulter," just like a game of "gossip" (or a game of "pi")! This article was picked up in the news, where it caught the interest of the OSI. The OSI agent passed the story on to Guy Hottel of the FBI, and he gave the 8th-hand story to Hoover.

link

Cheers.

I've never thought this FBI document was a fake because their source was someone from the Air Force involved with the secret UFO investigations, and garbled versions of these reports did get out to Frank Scully and others.

I think the crashes were real, even though we don't have a lot of the details of who, what, when, where--and maybe never will.

8ca7203786af.jpg

Sometimes when I look at politics and the general public, I can hardly blame them for keeping a lot of the big stuff like this secret. I'm not sure that they could handle the truth--which might not always be that pleasant. How do we know for sure?

Edited by TheMcGuffin

This is what Scully said in his book:

"The flying saucers had "crashed" but were not significantly damaged. All members of the crews had somehow been killed. They were were 36 to 42 inches tall and were dressed in a style that was supposedly "the style of 1890." Their skins were somehow charred to a dark chocolaty color. All dimensions of the ships divided evenly by 9. The control panels featured only push-buttons - no dials. The ships contained booklets, undecipherable of course, which were turned over to the Air Force. The best guess for their origin was Venus.

The crew had timepieces that seemed to run on the "magnetic day"

Clearly Silas Newton and "Dr. Gee" (Leo Gebauer) were fakes and con men, though, and misled Scully. They didn't fool other journalists at the time.

http://www.physics.smu.edu/pseudo/UFOs/Scully/

I still think this was a real story of which Scully and the rest had a garbled version--and perhaps it was deliberately garbled.

Maybe we could modify it to be better than what the aliens did, because we seem to be very adaptive in technology. They did manage interplantary travel or intersolar travel. We should definitely reverse engineer these crafts so we can have our own crafts to explore the solar system or other solar sysems. Of course alot of civilian applications can be brought from these technology. I would love to get my hands on this technology and build a space craft that could be use. Sometime in looks and capabilities as stargate daedalus with crafts that could transport people down to the surface of planet. First thing we need to figure out is, the fuel source and how is it created.

Also I am kinda mad at the FEDs. They are keeping secrets and have power they shouldn't have. This keeping Civilians from this technology that could benefit or help mankind in a event of extinction from a impact or Earth can't support life anymore.

Edited by Phox

This is news to me! lol Although I don't follow the ET topic as much as I'd like. This, if the document is real, and judging by the word of people on here, it's been proving to be, then I'd say it's pretty decent evidence.

This document is dated 1950. And the Roswell incident occurred in 1947. I would think this is a different incident altogether.

The one I found relating specifically to Roswell is found here:

http://vault.fbi.gov/Roswell%20UFO/Roswell%20UFO%20Part%201%20of%201/view

(Sorry, I don't know how to copy PDF documents.)

Ohio state buckeyes -there's certainly some fascinating government UFO documentation out there but, although this FBI one is genuine, I think the incident may have been based on a cheeky hoax by Silas Newton and Leo A. GeBauer:

On May 31st and June 1st, 1998, on the nationally-syndicated radio programs Dreamland and The Art Bell Show, noted UFO researcher Linda Moulton Howe described a secret FBI memo from March 22nd, 1950, written to J. Edgar Hoover himself. Memo author Guy Hottel, of SAC, described an investigator's report of a flying saucer recovery in New Mexico, with mention of three saucers, three-foot tall bodies, metallic cloth, and bandaged alien bodies. The crash was supposedly due to interference from high-powered radar. But all of these elements (saucers, aliens, cloth and tape, radar site) have been firmly traced to the yarns spun by our two swindlers! William Moore even traced how the story got from Silas Newton to J. Edgar Hoover: Newton told George Koehler (employed at radio station KMYR in Denver), who told Morley Davies, who told Ford dealers Murphy and van Horn, who told auto dealer Fick, who told the editor of the Kansas City Wyandotte Echo. By that time, Koehler had become "Coulter," just like a game of "gossip" (or a game of "pi")! This article was picked up in the news, where it caught the interest of the OSI. The OSI agent passed the story on to Guy Hottel of the FBI, and he gave the 8th-hand story to Hoover.

link

Cheers.

Thanks for the details Karl 12. It makes it all look like a practical joke from this perspective. Sadly funny that it continues fooling people to this very day.

Interesting read, although the language seems a bit out of place... Can you provide a source for this document?

Not often that the FBI claim to be students of esoteric matters, I can tell you. :unsure2:

And i find it very hard to imagine they'd ever say "they come from an otheric planet which interpenetrates with our own", at least while keeping a straight face. :unsure2:

UFO's live in the spirit world?

* Cue twilight zone music *

Are you sure it is an FBI document?

In a word, NO.

A found a copy of the whole document here. It was a letter sent to the FBI in 1947 from someone in San Diego:

page221qn.gif

So maybe all those fruit cakes you seen on TV saying they've been abducted have a point.

bREig.jpg

I cannot explain but I can assure you this does not " read " like an FBI memo or awareness letter. It is way to generic.

Roswell is dead, live with it.

Edited by Hazzard

Roswell is dead, live with it.

HaHa you sound like a politician....when the facts don't line up with what you believe you start with the insults and diversionary tactics.

Seriously read the paper its pretty interesting.

Edited by bigtroutak

Of course, I have no problem with some of the ideas in the letter, such as some UFOs probably being "remote controlled", but in general it's just someone's opinion--although at a very early date, July 8, 1947.

A found a copy of the whole document here. It was a letter sent to the FBI in 1947 from someone in San Diego:

--

Nicely done McGuffin. I appreciate your dedication to authenticity and completeness in these kinds of matters.

HaHa you sound like a politician....when the facts don't line up with what you believe you start with the insults and diversionary tactics.

Seriously read the paper its pretty interesting.

Trust me, we have been over the Roswell case a gazillion times on all 3 BE threads and nothing ever comes of it.

As far as good evidence of ET visitation Roswell is a dead end, for me.

Edited by Hazzard