Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Wolves

OverSword

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OverSword

• SilverCougar

• eqgumby

• xCrimsonx

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw this on rense .com

37695.jpg

click link for article

My link

more

My link

Yay fear mongering propaganda to allow humans to "lust kill"!

Sickening.

I agree on one hand, on the other hand I look at the fact the these wolves have been introduced to an area where they are perhaps not a native species(?) And have either killed or absorbed the local species of timberwolf, and effectivley making them exctinct. I don't know if the Canadian Grey Wolf were at one time a native species to Idaho and were hunted to extinction there in the settlement days.

I agree on one hand, on the other hand I look at the fact the these wolves have been introduced to an area where they are perhaps not a native species(?) And have either killed or absorbed the local species of timberwolf, and effectivley making them exctinct. I don't know if the Canadian Grey Wolf were at one time a native species to Idaho and were hunted to extinction there in the settlement days.

Given Idaho's proximity to canada, I could very well see the canadian wolf having dipped down. It's not like roaming predatory animals know anything about borders. "Oh hay pack, this here be Idaho country! Better turn around and head back north, eh?"

And even though having them introduced was kind of a boneheaded idea.. (That would be like taking the Western Cougar and introducing them where the Florida Cougar calls home..) Just all out shooting them is careless. And I *HATE* the idea that humans can be the only creature allowed to (as they put it) "lust hunt" We've wiped out whole species and bringing others to their knees doing that..

If it's true what they say about the native timberwolf being either hunted to extinction or absorbed into extinction by the Greys then I'm doubting they were ever native to that area. emphasis placed on "if it's true".

That wolf is massive!

If it's true what they say about the native timberwolf being either hunted to extinction or absorbed into extinction by the Greys then I'm doubting they were ever native to that area. emphasis placed on "if it's true".

Well the Eastern Cougar was hunted right out over on the east coast.. though there's some sightings still. Many think it's a few coming down from Canada. So it is possible. But it is also not unheard of of one species absorbing another branch.. if you will.

One of the most recent example is the Grizzlies and Polar Bear hybrids...

Well the Eastern Cougar was hunted right out over on the east coast.. though there's some sightings still. Many think it's a few coming down from Canada. So it is possible. But it is also not unheard of of one species absorbing another branch.. if you will.

One of the most recent example is the Grizzlies and Polar Bear hybrids...

Yeah, but polar bears or grizzlies are not in any danger of interbreeding the entire species out of existence.

One of the huge (no pun intended) differences between the grey wolf and the timber wolf is that timber wolfs full grown size is about 80 pounds and the grey more like 180. That would lead me to assume that if they can't find any of the timber wolves it's because the greys killed them all. Another differnce is that timber wolfs tend to congregate in very small packs usually an alpha male and female and thier not yet fully grown offspring and the greys hunt in rather large packs of 20 adults.

As a general rule I'm against transplanting any animals outside thier natural habitat for the very reason that thier numbers often get out of control at the cost of the local species.

That wolf is massive!

And beautiful too! Or at least it was until they killed it. :cry:

Edited by OverSword

Yeah, but polar bears or grizzlies are not in any danger of interbreeding the entire species out of existence.

One of the huge (no pun intended) differences between the grey wolf and the timber wolf is that timber wolfs full grown size is about 80 pounds and the grey more like 180. That would lead me to assume that if they can't find any of the timber wolves it's because the greys killed them all. Another differnce is that timber wolfs tend to congregate in very small packs usually an alpha male and female and thier not yet fully grown offspring and the greys hunt in rather large packs of 20 adults.

As a general rule I'm against transplanting any animals outside thier natural habitat for the very reason that thier numbers often get out of control at the cost of the local species.

Possibly now.. but at the rate that the polar bears are declining you never know if they will eventually be bread out.

I have been with you on the whole thing. I did say it was boneheaded to bring the canadian wolves into Idaho. Just as equally stupid to just hunt them to another extinction crisis. It's one thing for them to naturally dip down as it's usually temporary if not rare. But another to have us screw up by manually bringing them down. Now they're going to suffer at the hands of idiot hunters.

no.gifsad.gif

All debating on the morality of killing wolves aside, that's a massive wolf. I mean, I could put a saddle on that. Know how cool I would be if I showed up everywhere riding a wolf?

All debating on the morality of killing wolves aside, that's a massive wolf. I mean, I could put a saddle on that. Know how cool I would be if I showed up everywhere riding a wolf?

Now that I'd like to see! thumbsup.giflaugh.gif

The only thing missing in that picture is the caption: "Does this dead wolf make my penis look bigger?"

"Sport reflex killing". "Lustful Killing" Must be true of wolves, because Biologists say so. That certainly would go a long way to explain the human animal and the proud b******* posing in the pictures in these articles. Look at any hunters trophy room and there you'll see the human animal's sport reflex killing, or lustful killing, on display.

No wonder Idaho lawmakers drafted HB343, so as to murder these wolves. Competition, for game animals.

When wolves leave a carcass they didn't fully consume, after a bout of "lustful killing", other animals make a meal of it. Survival of the next in line down the food chain, including maggots in the end.

When man finishes with their bout of lustful killing they take the carcass in full, or they cleave away what they want to later have mounted for display in their great white hunter zeal. And all that's left is proof man remains the most depraved lustful killer of all.

I feel sorry for these wolves. :( They're desperately trying to make a come back and all the while there's some out there that want to see ever last one dead. Or, mounted in that there trophy room. So those two legged hunters can point and say; see? That there's what a wolf looks like! (In my house, stuffed and standing on my floor with fake glass eyes and glued lips so as to look like the fierce predator and still be dead! I win! :tsu::rolleyes:)

Yay fear mongering propaganda to allow humans to "lust kill"!

Sickening.

Won't expect anything better from Rense to be honest. It is a rather intellectually vapid site.

Must say, that pic looks photoshopped too.

Won't expect anything better from Rense to be honest. It is a rather intellectually vapid site.

Must say, that pic looks photoshopped too.

It's not photoshopped. If you check the 2nd link, which is a more thorough article than the one from rense, there is a nearly identical picture of a different hunter holding up a black wolf.

It's not photoshopped. If you check the 2nd link, which is a more thorough article than the one from rense, there is a nearly identical picture of a different hunter holding up a black wolf.

It does look a little photoshopped.

But some wolves DO get that big.

I have a half grey half husky, that got all it's looks from the wolfie side. She just looks like a wolf, no real husky colors. And more than heavy, she's TALL. Long legs and giant paws.

It does look a little photoshopped.

But some wolves DO get that big.

I have a half grey half husky, that got all it's looks from the wolfie side. She just looks like a wolf, no real husky colors. And more than heavy, she's TALL. Long legs and giant paws.

I knew a guy in the 1980's that had a half malmute half grey wolf and it weight was near 180 lbs. It's paws were bigger than the palm of my hand and it's snout was about the size of my face. Side note it was very friendly and well behaved.

I knew a guy in the 1980's that had a half malmute half grey wolf and it weight was near 180 lbs. It's paws were bigger than the palm of my hand and it's snout was about the size of my face. Side note it was very friendly and well behaved.

Mines a big sissy! BEGS for belly rubs. Looks scary, but too skittish to be really scary.

I believe wild wolves are no greater danger to humans than any pack-dogs/mountain lions. These people are just concerned about their livestock. Understandable so, as wolves will go for the easier prey if available. Wild deer? Small game? Or a fenced in bunch of fat cows?

Given Idaho's proximity to canada, I could very well see the canadian wolf having dipped down. It's not like roaming predatory animals know anything about borders. "Oh hay pack, this here be Idaho country! Better turn around and head back north, eh?"

And even though having them introduced was kind of a boneheaded idea.. (That would be like taking the Western Cougar and introducing them where the Florida Cougar calls home..) Just all out shooting them is careless. And I *HATE* the idea that humans can be the only creature allowed to (as they put it) "lust hunt" We've wiped out whole species and bringing others to their knees doing that..

actually each pack has it's own bounders which they scent mark. but i guess you meant human bounders. wolves spread out by making new packs usually when the old one is too big.

actually each pack has it's own bounders which they scent mark. but i guess you meant human bounders. wolves spread out by making new packs usually when the old one is too big.

Thanks for that, captain obvious!

We are going to need the "giant" wolves to combat the "giant" feral swine that are taking over whole areas of the U.S.! Too bad the hogs breed much faster!

That second article peeves me. "WE NEED TO PROTECT OUR PEOPLE FROM THESE SAVAGE BEASTS!" (Note that this is a paraphrase.)