Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Four-legged chicken scares consumer

Still Waters

If a chicken grows two extra limbs, do you still dare to eat it?

March 18, a citizen from Changsha City, surnamed Tian, was scared to find that a frozen chicken she bought from a supermarket had four legs when she was cleaning it to prepare for dinner.

Tian told reporters that it was the first time in her life seeing a four-legged chicken, and would throw it away with no hesitation.

However, a professor from Central South University of Forestry & Technology, reached by the reporters, said that this kind of chicken generally has no harm to human’s health and is edible, though it may be discomforting to people’s sense organs.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beckys_Mom

• bouncer

• psyche101

• and-then

Top Posters In This Topic

Would feed a family of four

Would feed a family of four

Bizarrely enough, I once saw and chased a 3 legged chicken...true, driving down some back country roads the damned thing run along side my car and overtook, well I was only doing about 20 on the ruff roads, I couldnt believe it!!!... so I increased my speed to 30 and still it kept ahead! Id no idea they can move so fast but doubtless the other leg helped, then I increased to 35 and then it run even faster, then shot across a field toward a farm. AMAZING!

Out of sheer curiosity I drove to the farm and an old farmer stood watching me come up his drive..

After asking what I wanted I said Id seen a 3 legged chicken run into his farm, and I felt like a real idiot saying it.. in case he didnt believe me or something. But he did believe me, and told me how he bred them specially, as there was him, his wife, and his son, who all loved a chicken leg..... Pretty stunning eh that you can do that?

Anyway I asked if they tasted just as good as 2 legged chickens...to which he said, "dunno yet, aint managed to bloody catch one"...

Edited by bouncer

Bizarrely enough, I once saw and chased a 3 legged chicken...true, driving down some back country roads the damned thing run along side my car and overtook, well I was only doing about 20 on the ruff roads, I couldnt believe it!!!... so I increased my speed to 30 and still it kept ahead! Id no idea they can move so fast but doubtless the other leg helped, then I increased to 35 and then it run even faster, then shot across a field toward a farm. AMAZING!

Question - Why were you chasing a three legged chicken ? laugh.gif

Out of sheer curiosity I drove to the farm and an old farmer stood watching me come up his drive..

After asking what I wanted I said Id seen a 3 legged chicken run into his farm, and I felt like a real idiot saying it.. in case he didnt believe me or something. But he did believe me, and told me how he bred them specially, as there was him, his wife, and his son, who all loved a chicken leg..... Pretty stunning eh that you can do that?.

How was he able to breed them to have three legs?

Anyway I asked if they tasted just as good as 2 legged chickens...to which he said, "dunno yet, aint managed to bloody catch one"..

Ha ha ... you would make a fine comedian....This part of the story may well be true, but it sounds more like the punch line for a joke lol tongue.gif

Question - Why were you chasing a three legged chicken ? laugh.gif

How was he able to breed them to have three legs?

Ha ha ... you would make a fine comedian....This part of the story may well be true, but it sounds more like the punch line for a joke lol tongue.gif

hehehe yeh its just a joke...

hehehe yeh its just a joke...

I thought it might be... It was very good lol

When we were in Beijing for the adoption of our daughter we were treated to the local cuisine and seeing a whole fish head, eyes and all surrounded by a rice dish didn't throw me much. But one night we sat down to what our guide XiXi called a delicacy... a half chicken laying there staring up at us with one baleful eye...I couldn't do it!! :no:

When we were in Beijing for the adoption of our daughter we were treated to the local cuisine and seeing a whole fish head, eyes and all surrounded by a rice dish didn't throw me much. But one night we sat down to what our guide XiXi called a delicacy... a half chicken laying there staring up at us with one baleful eye...I couldn't do it!! :no:

Im not so squeamish, as I used to work as a chef in my younger days. One thing that did get to me tho, was we had a wedding buffet to do, and I was to dress the pigs head, usual stuff, apple in its mouth, black olives for eyes etc, except I had to get the eyes out in order to put in the olives. That was a mission I tell you, armed with a teaspoon to force it in under the lids and try scoop it out....man those things felt like they were bolted in, took about 15 mins and in the end Id had to hack them out...grim!

But I always buy my fish with its eyes in.... tends to see me thru the week that way!! :rofl:

I looked at the picture of it. I do not think I would eat it. Not the best looking drumsticks. I wonder what it looked like when it was alive?

looks like a few spare pieces shoved up the chooks cloaca