Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Fond Farewell

aquatus1

It has been my honor, and my privilege, to serve these boards as a moderator for the past several years. I have done my best to serve in as fair a manner as I could, and if I occasionally allowed my reason to be overcome by my passion, I apologize, but claim, as both excuse and cause, my humanity.

Unfortunately, matters in the real world have been demanding more and more attention from me of late, and I am afraid that it has gotten to the point where I can no longer defer them, nor balance my time properly. I will, therefore, be taking an extended sabbatical, possibly six months, possibly a little longer. I have some things that I must focus on for a little while, and as much as I love this site, I am afraid that, perhaps, I love it a little too much, and need some time apart. I may not, as I have before, make a complete break with the site, and I may even look into this "blogging" business I hear so much about, but I am afraid that otherwise, I will be a bit too busy for communication. I have three rather pressing projects on my hands, any of which, or all, could conceivable push me into a far more visible, far more scary, academic arena, and while I would like to share some of the ideas I am working with, and I would like to read the comments and criticisms on those ideas, I cannot do more.

So, I say thank you, to those of you who have engaged me in intelligent, reasoned, discussion. And I also thank you, those who have engaged me in friendship. To those of you whom I have only been a presence on the site, I would, nonetheless, ask a favor from you.

Please grow with this site. Please learn, please research, please teach. Please remember that for everything you wish to say, you will gain far, far, more from listening to others. What a beautiful thing we have been gifted with here, what an absolute marvel that technology has brought to us, that people such as ourselves, who could never discuss the matters within this site with anywhere near the passion we harbor for them in real life, have a safe place here, where we can talk, we can dream, and we can learn.

Please remember that respect is not found in agreement, but in understanding. Please remember that reason is measured by the quality of the argument, not by the volume. Please remember that it is better to honestly admit a fault, whether it be personal, academic, or spiritual, than to convince yourself that you have no fault. More than anything else, please remember that, no matter how important something is to you...some people may just not care that much about it.

I will see you all perhaps, in the New Year. Thank you for being part of the life, the laughter, and the passion of UM. Thank you for making this site the well-respected, occasionally cited, resource that it has become. Thank you, for being such an important part of my life.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kryso

• Kaikou

• glorybebe

• S2F

Wishing you every success in your real-world endeavours, Oh Watery One. :P

Hope you're not too long away from UM, though. :tu:

Wish you all the best aquatus1! You'll be missed!

:)

Peek in when you have a second!

Nibs

Take care mate, I hope everything works out well for you.

Thanks for all of your input and work on the forums over the years.

Hope to see you back soon. :tu:

Edited by Dark entity

Thank you for all the time you spent keeping us from getting too nasty. I hope your endevors are successful! Good luck and hope to see you return!

I can honestly say you are/were one of my favorite Mods here at UM, I always looked forward to your input as well as your timely intervention when matters became...less than civil. I'm sure that you can handle whatever has been placed before you with the same character and thoughtfulness that you have displayed here at UM. You will be missed during your hiatus and will summarily be cheerily greeted upon your return. Good luck with your endeavors, just don't forget about us here at UM, this site needs more people like you in it in my opinion. :tu:

Much success to you Aquatus and take care. We'll miss you. Will be waiting to hear from you again.

Good luck to you in your endeavors.hopefully, in the future you will get a break and be able to come back. :cat:

Good luck and good fortune!

You were a good moderator. Come back when you have time.

Ohhh,I am just getting to know everybody....

Well life must come first . Be well .

Come back when you can .

It has been my honor, and my privilege, to serve these boards as a moderator for the past several years. I have done my best to serve in as fair a manner as I could, and if I occasionally allowed my reason to be overcome by my passion, I apologize, but claim, as both excuse and cause, my humanity.

Unfortunately, matters in the real world have been demanding more and more attention from me of late, and I am afraid that it has gotten to the point where I can no longer defer them, nor balance my time properly. I will, therefore, be taking an extended sabbatical, possibly six months, possibly a little longer. I have some things that I must focus on for a little while, and as much as I love this site, I am afraid that, perhaps, I love it a little too much, and need some time apart. I may not, as I have before, make a complete break with the site, and I may even look into this "blogging" business I hear so much about, but I am afraid that otherwise, I will be a bit too busy for communication. I have three rather pressing projects on my hands, any of which, or all, could conceivable push me into a far more visible, far more scary, academic arena, and while I would like to share some of the ideas I am working with, and I would like to read the comments and criticisms on those ideas, I cannot do more.

So, I say thank you, to those of you who have engaged me in intelligent, reasoned, discussion. And I also thank you, those who have engaged me in friendship. To those of you whom I have only been a presence on the site, I would, nonetheless, ask a favor from you.

Please grow with this site. Please learn, please research, please teach. Please remember that for everything you wish to say, you will gain far, far, more from listening to others. What a beautiful thing we have been gifted with here, what an absolute marvel that technology has brought to us, that people such as ourselves, who could never discuss the matters within this site with anywhere near the passion we harbor for them in real life, have a safe place here, where we can talk, we can dream, and we can learn.

Please remember that respect is not found in agreement, but in understanding. Please remember that reason is measured by the quality of the argument, not by the volume. Please remember that it is better to honestly admit a fault, whether it be personal, academic, or spiritual, than to convince yourself that you have no fault. More than anything else, please remember that, no matter how important something is to you...some people may just not care that much about it.

I will see you all perhaps, in the New Year. Thank you for being part of the life, the laughter, and the passion of UM. Thank you for making this site the well-respected, occasionally cited, resource that it has become. Thank you, for being such an important part of my life.

Full sails and good luck on new and future endeavors.

A classy farewell from my favorite mod. Take care.

Till your words of wisdom once again grace the hallowed halls of UM