Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Children could receive euthanasia soon

Render

s this real ?

Why Belgium? China, I understand but Belgium?

from the article:

Belgium was the second country in the world after the Netherlands to legalise euthanasia in 2002 but it applies only to people over the age of 18.

'The idea is to update the law to take better account of dramatic situations and extremely harrowing cases we must find a response to,' party leader Thierry Giet said.

Edited by Render

Look at America. I bet you dont have your guns anymore.

I wouoldnt let someone euthanize my kid I can tell you that.

You got it wrong. This is no law about the government deciding who has to stay or go, but about giving suffering individual the choice to have their lives ended peacfully, instead of living the rest life in pain or misery. I support laws like this one, and it isvery clearto me that it has nothing to do with belgian gun control laws

• Like 1

Please use some common sense when reading this. (unlike the mass idiots on the daily mail commenting)

It's only for severe cases, the child would be tested before being allowed to. They would have to have a serious illness to qualify, you aren't going to get kids walking in there like a fairground ride.

If you've seen a child in the late stages of aggressive cancer you would back this decision.

I reread the article. It is not bad face value. And thank you for pointing out I may have misread parts.. I live in a State where Euthanasia is legal so I get it. But when I got here I stopped and paused.

He said parliamentarians would also consider extended mercy-killing to people suffering from Alzheiner’s-type illnesses.

who determines when a person is consider so far progressed into Alzheimers that euthanasia is appropriate. That is a complex disease with many types of manifestations. One of which is a detoriation in mental capacity. Dementia is another similiar diesease that can present itself with nearly identical symptoms. Although late Alzheimers has several unique characteristeics. Alzheimers strikes several age groups as we age but is most prevalent in the more elderly population. So I guess I do not understand this part of the gram you should me.