Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intrare Petrus Romanus?

lilthor

yu know, if the third Fatima prophesy had a date on it, it's possible Benedict retired to avoid eing the Pope when it happened...

• Like 1

Considering the chaos that has reigned in the church for the last number of years and this pope was supposed to be a peaceful one, I don't see how any of this is true. Nor did he try to sell off things within the Vatican to feed and preach to those who have never heard the gospel.

• Like 1

The following list of possible contenders for the Papacy courtesy of member Jeremiah65 in this thread:

http://www.unexplain...ic=242765&st=30

Francis Arinze - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Peter Turkson - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Angelo Scola - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Oscar Rodriguez Maradiaga - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Angelo Bagnasco - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Tarcisco Bertone - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Jorge Mario Bergoglio - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Leonardo Sandri - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Claudio Hummes - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Dionigi Tettamanzi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Count Christoph Von Schoenborn - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Archbishop Raymond Burke - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Marc Ouellet - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Daniel DiNardo - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal William Levada - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Archbishop Piero Marini - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Keith O'Brien - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Gianfranco Ravasi - [link to en.wikipedia.org]

Cardinal Peter Turkson is rated as a popular choice for next Pope, some of the other contenders, if you check the links have Peter in their middle names.

Fact is, there will likely never be a "Pope Peter" - the church is not likely to fly so blatantly in the face of a prophecy from one of their own which is a harbenger of doom for them - but that does not mean it cannot apply if the christian name of a Pope contains that name.

The logical side of me knows this is nonsense but I can't help being fascinated nonetheless - interesting times.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 4

We all know how well prophecies have flown around lately and their success rate is nil. I find it interesting that it was allegedly written in the 1100s, suddenly "lost" then conveniently rediscovered in the 1500s.

• Like 1

Whether the ancient prophecy is true or not, things are definitely heating up:

Lightning Strikes Vatican After Papal Resignation - Video

http://www.zerohedge...signation-video

Did that really happen that day though?

I always see videos like that with a similar claim then fidn them on youtube with a date from 3 years ago. lol

Did that really happen that day though?

I always see videos like that with a similar claim then fidn them on youtube with a date from 3 years ago. lol

It's being reported around the internet by major news outlets:

http://www.google.com/#q=vatican+lightning&hl=en&tbo=u&source=univ&tbm=nws&sa=X&ei=tI8aUejFG4H9igKsxoCADg&sqi=2&ved=0CC0QqAI&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42261806,d.cGE&fp=381aefe39ba55168&biw=1280&bih=886

• Like 1

Some of the connections that have been made to the Latin descriptions for other popes has been a bit of a stretch - kind of like Nostradamus predictions. I really cannot imagine that the new guy would take the name of the Fisherman. On the other hand I understand that Catholics deny the legitimacy of this "prophecy" so a cardinal whose name included "Peter" might not be impossible to vote for. Looking at the condition of the world today I think one would have to be deaf, dumb and blind not to realize things are spinning out of control.

• Like 1

Maybe he'll be Alan or some other name like that - still derived from the same basic root (rock).

Lots of reasons to think of this "prophecy" as impossible but worrying over the might of NATO probably isn't one of them. It took NATO 6 months to defeat a rabble in Libya.

Whether the ancient prophecy is true or not, things are definitely heating up:

Lightning Strikes Vatican After Papal Resignation - Video

http://www.zerohedge...signation-video

So, in summary - an old prophecy bears no relation to current events and lightning hits the top of a tall building.

Definitely worth its own thread.

• Like 2

So, in summary - an old prophecy bears no relation to current events and lightning hits the top of a tall building.

A most enchanting fragrance you've brought. Eau de Carp?

• Like 2

Pretty much.

Strange how Jesus, or Yeshua said to not call any man father , I don't think he meant it as in a parental figure .I think the word pope means holy father.

• Like 2

Strange how Jesus, or Yeshua said to not call any man father , I don't think he meant it as in a parental figure .I think the word pope means holy father.

You're looking for internal logic in organised religion??? Good luck with that.

Maybe he'll be Alan or some other name like that - still derived from the same basic root (rock).

One of the Cardinals names is Keith - Pope Keith :su

I simply can't see the prophecy coming to reality because you can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO.

What if the destruction was due to natural causes? We all saw what kind of damage a bus sized object can do when it explodes near populated areas.

• 2 weeks later...

Current events would suggest otherwise! The Vatican appears to be at the threshold of a scandal-ridden meltdown (a.k.a. "many tribulations").

Whatever they decide to call the next pope, he'll certainly be handed a sack of alligators.

This prophecy has got 'legs', it seems.

The coverups by the "pontifs" are so disgusting , so evil and so very wrong , beyond words. They need to be shut down .I don't mind the church exsiting but only if a truly loving leadership , like people who are actually worthy of being called father or mother , because they actually care and love , if individuals like that were keeping watch and looking over it such evil would have never been permitted to function there. It's so disgusting, so wrong, and for how long has it been that way?

Makes you wonder what sort of connections does the vatican have that it has gotten away with it for so long, and, what will the next pontif be like which was predicted to be the last . I don't know how accurate the predictions actually were and are, i suppose well see in due time.

• Like 1

They where right that this pope was only going to be in power for a short time and he was.

So we will have to see what happens