Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The time traveling cell phone footage

Commander CMG

The mystery of how a woman could have been filmed while using a modern cell phone back in 1938 seems to have finally been solved.

Black and white footage of a young female chatting into a wireless handset - said to have been filmed at a factory in the United States in the 30s - has attracted over 300,000 plays on YouTube.

Conspiracy theorists hailed the clip as proof of time travel, citing it alongside other instances of old films that appear to show imagery of modern technology existing years before it was invented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ra6EopXf1w

The chaplin footage:

arrow3.gifView: Read more

First one seems tough to prove the Chaplin video if its from an actual movie it could be cross referenced to the actual film if we knew the name of it. Its weird how she looks right at the camera. Possibly video editing ?

I believe the Chaplin vid is a womon holding an ear trumpet hearing device.

• Like 2

It would be so cool if these were real. I've often wondered what it would be like to travel to the past with modern technology.

I have to say, I'm not one for 'evidence' provided in videos, but, really, both of them (but especially the first) look to be pretty convincing. Not enough to make me seriously consider the possibility, but strange-looking nonetheless.

• Like 1

I think there holding a hand purse to block the sun; in both films. The second film has been on other websites, without the zebra in the fore ground!

I think there holding a hand purse to block the sun; in both films. The second film has been on other websites, without the zebra in the fore ground!

I think the Zebra has always been there, but not shown in the close ups. I could be wrong though

So who was she talking to? And what company put up cell towers in 38?

i think the first one was a hand bag or possibly a towel to block the sun.

So who was she talking to? And what company put up cell towers in 38?

Dang it, you got there first. :nw:

Well the first one, she seems to be clearly holding it to her cheek, not her ear. The second has been debunked many times. It's just not logical...

Ha, that definitely looks like a woman talking on the phone and ending the call. Weird.

The Chaplin one was debunked years ago. I'm sure snopes.com has it.

Looks like she is flirting with someone off camera, the lady next to her looks in the same direction.