Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Putin Losing It?

and-then

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/g20-summit-russia-dismisses-britain-2254433

Obama I know to be a light weight in international affairs. Frankly I expected a bit more from rooty Poot. First he calls a US secretary of state a liar then a day later says the Brits basically don't matter - and did so in a most childish and insulting way. Where did the adults go?

Nice dig at the pretentiousness of Cam, I think. Could've done with someone to talk as bluntly as that when Blair was doing his messianic bit.

And again, as so often the case, Observers are so confused by a world Leader with a sense of humour, if a sardonic one, that they don't recognise it when they see it. He was obviously being tongue in cheek about his mate Abramovich.

Edited by Colonel Rhuairidh
  • Like 1

Bless his little cotton socks...I mean, we are such a small and insignificant island that he felt the need to talk about us and act like we'd just stole his toys and he's pretending to not care. What a tool.

• Like 5

Bless his little cotton socks...I mean, we are such a small and insignificant island that he felt the need to talk about us and act like we'd just stole his toys and he's pretending to not care. What a tool.

? You mean he wanted war, and it was Cameron's Humiliation that prevented it?

This thread might be fun for all the outraged indignant responses we're going to get.

Personally speaking,I think that all the players in this unfolding comedy of politics are saying some pretty dumb things.

? You mean he wanted war, and it was Cameron's Humiliation that prevented it?

This thread might be fun for all the outraged indignant responses we're going to get.

No I wasn't implying that at all.

I mean I expect Russia to milk this whole situation down to the very last drop. Lets face it they have this deluded idea that they really are on par with China and the US when it comes to the world stage. So they will continue to milk this whole situation until the point is reached that Assad is longer of use, then they will adopt a different tactic. In the meantime though, how about a bit of decorum from representatives of world leaders.

Edited by Sky Scanner
  • Like 1

Well, Putin's wrong about one thing - Obama cares about Britain to the extent that the UK is a convenient "attack poodle" to put across US policy in a show of being "objective".

Apart from that, he dead on the money.

• Like 3

I guess he forgot about the Convoys supplying Russia with food, tanks, and other military equipment to stop little "H"in his tracks during WW2, but its about time Putin, put in a bit more effort to be friendly, maybe he's still P****d off about losing all the satellite states of the former Russky empire.

• Like 2

I guess he forgot about the Convoys supplying Russia with food, tanks, and other military equipment to stop little "H"in his tracks during WW2, but its about time Putin, put in a bit more effort to be friendly, maybe he's still P****d off about losing all the satellite states of the former Russky empire.

If Assad falls then he would lose his Naval base.

• Like 1

No I wasn't implying that at all.

I mean I expect Russia to milk this whole situation down to the very last drop. Lets face it they have this deluded idea that they really are on par with China and the US when it comes to the world stage. So they will continue to milk this whole situation until the point is reached that Assad is longer of use, then they will adopt a different tactic. In the meantime though, how about a bit of decorum from representatives of world leaders.

Are you serious about your last sentence ??. They are a bunch of lying, cheating, Politicians who are out to gain what they can at the others expense.Out of the lot be honest,which one would you trust ?

Putin wants to be able to use poison gas himself if Russia has internal trouble: the same can be said of China. This will make a precedent for them.

Are you serious about your last sentence ??. They are a bunch of lying, cheating, Politicians who are out to gain what they can at the others expense.Out of the lot be honest,which one would you trust ?

Of course....but you can be all those things without acting like a 9yr old too. Well, unless you're Putin's representative apparently....

http://www.mirror.co...britain-2254433

Obama I know to be a light weight in international affairs. Frankly I expected a bit more from rooty Poot. First he calls a US secretary of state a liar then a day later says the Brits basically don't matter - and did so in a most childish and insulting way. Where did the adults go?

Well, that part is true......

• Like 2

Well, that part is true......

The point being that he represents a country embroiled in a very serious situation on a global level and he's acting like a kid in school. It worries me a bit, frankly.
  • Like 1

Putin is a bit creepy in my eyes. He's like old school KGB. I don't know what he's capable of.

• Like 2

Putin is a bit creepy in my eyes. He's like old school KGB. I don't know what he's capable of.

Yeah he worries me too. I cant tell if he is full or idle threats or if he is crazy enough to do something stupid.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

Yeah he worries me too. I cant tell if he is full or idle threats or if he is crazy enough to do something stupid.

He seems to have a huge case of "short man syndrome" I worry that he will miscalculate our national resolve due to Obama being a bungler.
  • Like 1

He seems to have a huge case of "short man syndrome" I worry that he will miscalculate our national resolve due to Obama being a bungler.

Putin in one corner,Obama in the other,quite frankly the world is up the creek without a paddle.

• Like 3

Putin chiding the UK doesn't belong in the Middle East board. He wasn't chiding them for voting down more missile adventures in Syria.

But let's talk about Europe here. I don't get any of my moral authority from that little island either. The UK dropped any chance of that generations ago. If we look back a hundred years they're the most guilty party of global interventionism around. The sun never set on the British Empire they once said. Well it sets on them now and if the empire was a reason to listen to them (it was) and if we're going to be logically consistent about it, the lack of empire is a reason not to. So get in line France, and you other little Europeans out there who don't have a tax liability for this childish hypocrisy and violence the US federal government is trying mightily to be responsible for. Obama wants to shoot missiles at Syria now. And the world listens to him because we're not a bunch of has-beens - yet.

• Like 1

Obama is scared of putin.

That may be true, but I doubt it. I think he is scared of the consequences of his campaign excesses in drawing a red line. That said, I think it was right and apparently quite a few American voters thought so to as it helped reverse his decline in the polls.

There are always consequences to be feared of any line of action, but we must not allow ourselves to be frozen into inaction by the pursuit of the perfect.

• Like 1

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII. yes, that makes total sense.

Which funnily enough was exactly what was said of Saddam, of Qhadahffi, and indeed of our friend Assad .... and now we're doing it ourselves, because he's made a sardonic joke which everyone is too offended to recognise.

• Like 1

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII. yes, that makes total sense.

Since when did "something stupid" equate to "WWIII" - is there nothing inbetween as far as you're concerned then?

Which funnily enough was exactly what was said of Saddam, of Qhadahffi, and indeed of our friend Assad .... and now we're doing it ourselves, because he's made a sardonic joke which everyone is too offended to recognise.

How do you know he was telling a joke? Infact, how do you know at all what he was thinking at the time of saying it?

Edited by Sky Scanner
  • Like 2

Yes, that's right. he's been in power the longest of any leader of anywhere significant, so he is of course crazy enough to start WWIII.

WWIII has already started. It started when the US/UK axis decided to get involved militarily in the ME without just cause to. It's just that it's a slow-burning war, so we don't really recognise it as such.

It might just be that, if the G20 mainly side with Putin (as seems to be happening) and the US Senate/House vote Obama down (and this looks increasingly more likely) WWIII will end with a splutter having barely got started. And we will end up with lame-duck leaders in both the US and the UK.

• Like 1

I read Putin wants to give Syria a missle defence system, if we attack Syria, after all that b****ing we should `nt give that defence to Europe.We need another President Kenney to do what we are going to do, no matter how much Russia bangs that shoe.